• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vehicle Tech?

Colta

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there all... I'm applying for Vehicle Tech, should be getting my appt for the interview and medical soon, and was wondering if any of you guys here are applying or have gone through for veh tech?

How did it go? I got the call for my Interview Wednesday next week. I applied for Artilleryman, and Veh Tech!
Hope all goes well with you!

Went well, waiting of the background check now and then I'll be merit listed as per the captain who interviewed me. So I'm hoping to hear something by the end of June.
Good luck on your interview!

Hey Colta, havent been on here in a while. but got my interview done June 17th went really good. I'm now waiting on my Medical to be reviewed at the CFRC in Corner Brook. But the Center is closed and they wont be in until next Tuesday. But hopefully  they can get my medical assessed and i can move on with further processing. My eyesight is not to the standard for a combat trade so i unfortunately had to drop Arty. and i am applied for Vehicle Tech now. Keep me updated! Good luck to you!

Good luck to you as well. I am currently waiting to be merit listed. My file is with the detachment commander for final review and then hopefully after that I'll be on the merit list and getting an offer.

Hey were at about the same stage then. I'm going to make contact with the Recruiting Center tomorrow, the 18th. And i pray that i get some type of good news. Getting pretty anxious, want to get to basic!

Same here... I've been waiting for a while to get merit listed and get going. I'm so pumped to be a vehicle tech. Is there any specific vehicles you want to work on eventually? I'm hoping to get onto the lav's or the leopard tanks

Thats what i would like to work on too! Get all of the experience i can. Man i hope that i get some news tomorrow!

Yeah, I'm really hoping for some news this week. I've been waiting (not so patiently) since my interview/medical the 3rd of June to get going. This is something I want so bad and I'm chomping at the bit to get going.

Same here just wanna get to it, I've been trying to be patient but it's also hard when you anticipate for something early then it's like nope here's a setback. I just hope hope hope for a job offer real soon. I'm hoping the merit listing will go quickly!

It is... I figured I'd be gone to bmq by now... but it's been one thing after another with my file. There were a ton of issues with Garda and then no one touched my file for 3-4 weeks and then there was one thing after another wrong while they were getting the info for my reliability screening and now I'm just waiting for the Det Cmdr to sign off on my file and send it up for merit listing.
I hope to hell I get merit listed this week in time for selections on Monday. I just want to finally start my career.

I hope I'm pushed through quick since my detatchment doesn't get that many applicants, for the army especially. Really just want to get started as well!

btucker60 said:
I hope I'm pushed through quick since my detatchment doesn't get that many applicants, for the army especially. Really just want to get started as well!

If you get a job offer for Artillery shoot me a pm and I can give you some course material to study if you want a leg up once you get to your DP1.

I don't think I'll be getting an offer for artillery, would be good but my eyes are just under the standard. Sucks!

I'm starting my BMQ sept 19th then trade school! Joining as a semi qualified labour in vehicle tech.

I hope I work more on the big equipment rather than cars.

btucker60 said:
I don't think I'll be getting an offer for artillery, would be good but my eyes are just under the standard. Sucks!

That's too bad, I hear good things about vehicle techs though hopefully you find it enjoyable.  :)

I'm sure I'll enjoy Vehicle Tech! Calling my recruiter this week and going to see where I stand again! Hopefully they say I'm merit listed with good competition!

Back