• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VEH TECH QL3 backlog for PRes at CFSEME?

VIChris

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious if anyone knows about a backlog at CFSEME for VEH TECHs. We were told at our unit by an ARCC rep last year that we could be looking at a 3 year wait for QL3, or the redesigned DP1 course. From what I remember, it will be a QL3 this year, and then switching to the new modular system next year and onwards. Can anyone expand on this at all? Are we still looking at a long wait for trades training?

I'm hoping we aren't looking at a 3 year wait.  I "should" be through BMQ by next summer and I would hate to be stuck on PAT waiting for my Veh tech QL3 for 3 years.  Although I have heard there is quite a wait in the current training system at CFSEME,  are there any plans in the works to boost up the training schedule?  Are we simply lacking the qualified personell to teach the courses, or lacking resources as well as personell.?

Edit: Grammar

Your progression will be:

BMQ (complete)
EME Common - includes driver wheeled.
Veh Tech DP1 (revised edition)

It is unlikely that you would spend three years waiting at your parent reserve unit; you'll likely complete your EME common the summer after your BMQ, and the followign year complete your DP1; this assumes you are availalbe for the courses.

Given that the new reserve EME training will be shorter courses, the same staff currently required for QL3 should be able to deliver more training in the key summer months, so the backlog should not be a long term concern.

It will take awhile longer to train a Res DP1 Veh tech. The new modular system "makes sense" but we won't know until it is validated. The Wpns Techs are going through the same growing pains. I believe this summer is the first year for this with only CET and CETT being covered. Only DP2 legacy courses will go forward. Like everything else that comes out of an Ops cell, this could very well change.

dapaterson said:
Given that the new reserve EME training will be shorter courses, the same staff currently required for QL3 should be able to deliver more training in the key summer months, so the backlog should not be a long term concern.

So can we expect the 30 week course to be shorter?  Or is this just the reserves getting shorter courses.

Thanks for the replies. I should have clarified that I have completed BMQ, BMQ-L and Driver Wheeled already, and am slated for a weekend EME Common starting in the fall. Hoping to see some trades training next summer then? It's been 2 years already, and my naked slip on is a little embarrassing.

Short answer is: no one knows what next summer looks like yet; how many serials will be run, the timing of those serial(s), nor the allocation of seats on those serials.

Figured as much. Seems no one knows anything for certain about any aspect of this job until it's actually happening, and then it's still often a crapshoot. Now that I know how it works, the moments of disappointment seem to be fewer and farther between.

Well, the next DP1 starts in a week, and I'm still waitlisted. Maybe next year? Must be a big backlog. As was mentioned above regarding more courses being pushed through in the summer, as the training is now shorter, no joy on that one. Still one per year. Good luck to all those who got in this year. If any of you are reading this, please do your best to provide lots of feedback regarding the new package. During EME common, we got a bit of a taste of things to come, and it looks like a decent setup, though it could use some polish.

Back