• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Van attack in Toronto [Merged]

J

jollyjacktar

Guest
tomahawk6 said:
This perp is looking at a life sentence I hope.Whats life like in a Federal prison ?

If only he could be let loose amongst the general population.  It would be a short sentence.
 

YZT580

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
629
Points
960
Isn't life 25 years with no chance of parole for 15, unless you are declared a dangerous offender in which case it is indeterminate.  Another gift from father Pierre.  Life means life, riggghhht!
 

Altair

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
1,443
Points
1,110
tomahawk6 said:
This perp is looking at a life sentence I hope.Whats life like in a Federal prison ?
He's probably looking at 10 life sentences. 250 years, I think that would be the longest sentence in Canadian history?

Unless he's mentally ill.
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
857
Points
1,260
Altair said:
He's probably looking at 10 life sentences. 250 years,

Probably won't even serve half of that.  :)

Altair said:
I think that would be the longest sentence in Canadian history?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/justin-bourque-gets-5-life-sentences-no-chance-of-parole-for-75-years-1.2818516
"It is the longest sentence in Canadian history"

Brihard said:
An Armenian name, for what that's worth.

A Christian country, for what that's worth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Armenia

Altair said:
Unless he's mentally ill.




 

Attachments

  • familyguy.jpg
    familyguy.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 308

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
7,226
Points
1,110
Ugh. Facebook is confirming the post where he refers to himself as Pte(Recruit) and 00010 Infantryman is real. I friggin hope this reprobate wasn’t actually CAF.
 

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
62
Points
530
Brihard said:
Ugh. Facebook is confirming the post where he refers to himself as Pte(Recruit) and 00010 Infantryman is real. I friggin hope this reprobate wasn’t actually CAF.

It doesnt matter what he calls himself.He is now a criminal with the deaths of innocents on his hands.
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
857
Points
1,260
QUOTE

Toronto van attack suspect Alek Minassian was a member of the Canadian Army
https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/8xkjgg/exclusive-toronto-van-attack-suspect-alek-minassian-was-a-member-of-the-canadian-army

END QUOTE

Other sources,
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Alek+Minassian%22+canadian+forces&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A4%2F24%2F2018%2Ccd_max%3A4%2F24%2F2018&tbm=
 

Trueprince2

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
CTV News has confirmed that Yonge Street attack suspect Alek Minassian was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces from Aug. 23, 2017 until October 25, 2017. Minassian did not complete his recruit training and requested to be voluntarily released after 16 days of recruit training.


Source cp24
 

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
62
Points
530
He dropped after 2 whole months ? If he was a nutcase in high school how he passed the medicals is anyone's guess.
 

OceanBonfire

Sr. Member
Reaction score
302
Points
880
tomahawk6 said:
He dropped after 2 whole months ? If he was a nutcase in high school how he passed the medicals is anyone's guess.

I'm more concerned he was resourceful to get at least 4 good enough references and pass the interview.
 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
2,045
Points
1,060
tomahawk6 said:
He dropped after 2 whole months ? If he was a nutcase in high school how he passed the medicals is anyone's guess.
Dropped after 16 days, took the remaining time to process release or that they're counting the leave without pay between enrollment ceremony and BMQ start date.
 
J

jollyjacktar

Guest
I feel slightly dirty with that mouth breather having even ever so slightly been associated with our world.
 

Pencil Tech

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
mariomike said:
I agree with the highlighted part.

Having said that, any ideas on what this means?

QUOTE

Alek Minassian had made a Facebook​ post stating:


"Private (Recruit) Minassian Infantry 00010, wishing to speak to Sgt 4chan please. C23249161. The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger​!"

END QUOTE

Elliot Rodger​
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Isla_Vista_killings

Incel
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=incel
"involuntarily celibate"

4Chan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan

Chads and Stacys ( fantasy )
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/3dg4gv/chad_and_stacy_fantasy/
"Chad Thundercock is a nickname for any attractive, popular men who are sexually successful with women. Similar to the term “Normies”, Chad and his female counterpart Stacy are often used as pejoratives by those who consider themselves nonconformists on 4chan’s /r9k/ board."

Isn't the internet wonderful? Now these angry bitter little men who basically can't get laid (incel) can find likeminded losers and together they can plot their revenge, instead of working on being a person somebody might want to have a relationship with. These people have a role model and martyr to their cause, i.e. California mass murderer Elliot Rodger. So really, terrorism is fuelled by whatever your resentment is, might be political, might be religious, or it might just be that you're just a total dork and a loser and want to kill a bunch of people, either in a school, or a gay bar, or at a country music concert in Vegas with a rifle , or a pop concert in Manchester, or on the sidewalk with a van or truck, in London, or Nice , or Toronto. To me the causes are equally futile and the ISIS wannabes are essentially the same as the "incel" losers, and vice versa.

Check this out: http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/04/24/incels-hail-toronto-van-driver-who-killed-10-as-a-new-elliot-rodger-talk-of-future-acid-attacks-and-mass-rapes/
 

AbdullahD

Sr. Member
Reaction score
14
Points
210
Pencil Tech said:
Isn't the internet wonderful? Now these angry bitter little men who basically can't get laid (incel) can find likeminded losers and together they can plot their revenge, instead of working on being a person somebody might want to have a relationship with. These people have a role model and martyr to their cause, i.e. California mass murderer Elliot Rodger. So really, terrorism is fuelled by whatever your resentment is, might be political, might be religious, or it might just be that you're just a total dork and a loser and want to kill a bunch of people, either in a school, or a gay bar, or at a country music concert in Vegas with a rifle , or a pop concert in Manchester, or on the sidewalk with a van or truck, in London, or Nice , or Toronto. To me the causes are equally futile and the ISIS wannabes are essentially the same as the "incel" losers, and vice versa.

Check this out: http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/04/24/incels-hail-toronto-van-driver-who-killed-10-as-a-new-elliot-rodger-talk-of-future-acid-attacks-and-mass-rapes/

I went down that rabbit hole and looked.. I'm livid mad these things want these types of things to happen.

Christ my wife is about a million times better looking then I am and yet she still married me... don't these idiots get it the reason they ain't been laid is because they are misogynistic, jerks who act like douche bags to everyone? Forums that promote plans for murder should be shut down, the world does not need that crap. Turn the internet off, go outside, take a hike, get a job and try to be a good person....

Sorry I'm rambling, I'm just ticked and disgusted. Also I have a lovely wife and daughter not to mention my son, I don't mind people wanting me dead that's a whatever, but for wanting my family dead just because we are a family... thats a different issue.
 

Primus

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
Pencil Tech said:
country music concert in Vegas with a rifle
Great points on that post. I see the Toronto attacks as terrorism as well, as he had an agenda to punish people for his shortcomings .
I agreed on everything but this though. What was the motive to call Vegas shooting terrorism?
 

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
4,267
Points
1,090
PuckChaser said:
Dropped after 16 days, took the remaining time to process release or that they're counting the leave without pay between enrollment ceremony and BMQ start date.

Looks more like he started a reserve BMQ and quit.
 

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
4,267
Points
1,090
tomahawk6 said:
He dropped after 2 whole months ? If he was a nutcase in high school how he passed the medicals is anyone's guess.

Medicals aren't psychological tests.  He breathes, he pees clean, can see and hear the way we want him to and has no official medical history showing anything then he essentially can get in.

I'm pretty sure that: "Were you a nutcase in high school?" wasn't asked of him at any stage.

 

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
7,226
Points
1,110
Some disturbing insight into the online “incel” (involuntarily celibate) subculture that inspired and seems to be vegetating this attacker as well as Elliot Rogers. We truly do have a new class of violently radicalized losers seeking to visit harm on what they view as “normies”, or ‘normal’ (e.g., sexually, socially, economically successful) people. Careful... this stuff is disturbing and you can’t un-read it.

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/04/24/incels-hail-toronto-van-driver-who-killed-10-as-a-new-elliot-rodger-talk-of-future-acid-attacks-and-mass-rapes/
 
Top