• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

Consequential claim sitting at 81 weeks now. Def not getting any better. They're just pushing to resolve the easy claims first in order to improve their stats.

Consequential claim sitting at 81 weeks now. Def not getting any better. They're just pushing to resolve the easy claims first in order to improve their stats.
I have an 'easy' claim sitting at about 68 weeks.

Sent a message to VAC this week, received an answer this morning, the oldest common claims they are working on currently are dated at Feb 2019 (Stage 3, or decision stage).

Sent a message to VAC this week, received an answer this morning, the oldest common claims they are working on currently are dated at Feb 2019 (Stage 3, or decision stage).
4 more months to go at this rate. That will be just about 2 years. Disgusting. There is a post from me, back in 2015, on the first page of this thread being concerned I hadn't received a decision at 15 weeks. Oh how nice it was to have such problems.

Def not 4 more months. They've been doing January and February 2019 since last November.

A quick update. Took them 6 days to get me the lump sum forms. Submitted it back to them on the 14th. We will see how long it takes to receive payment. You would think they would send the lump sum election form along with the decision letters like they used to do back in the day. When people are waiting 1 to 2 years on average to get their claims sorted it makes little sense to add an additional delay to the process.
How long did it take?

Are we talking about SSSD date or started a claim? I got a claim I started in Nov 2018...

my thoughts exactly, ptsd claim was complete feb 19, I requested lump sum form took full week for them to "put in a request" to have lump form sent. we'll see how long it takes to get the form, then how long until the money is actually deposited
Keep me updated I’m in the same boat I’ve been waiting 3 weeks now for my deposit 😩😩

Are we talking about SSSD date or started a claim? I got a claim I started in Nov 2018...
Your SSD is the day you submit all the information required on your part. Everything after that is on VAC. They will often try to tell you that it doesn't start until they have all the information they need but that isn't what the policy says. With that is mind, I try to make sure I submit everything the same day I start the claim so they have no excuse to make it take longer than it already does.

Your SSD is the day you submit all the information required on your part. Everything after that is on VAC. They will often try to tell you that it doesn't start until they have all the information they need but that isn't what the policy says. With that is mind, I try to make sure I submit everything the same day I start the claim so they have no excuse to make it take longer than it already does.
Yea I know, I just don't know what people in this thread were using. I got one with a SSSD of August 2019 but I initiated the claim in November 2018....

Contacted VAC regarding the wait times, mine was submitted on the 23rd via myvac account. They said its processing and can take up to 6 weeks.
Believe me, it won't take 6 weeks. VAC is processing the Lump Sum payment forms faster these days. I submitted mine on a date back in February and I had my Lump Sum deposit 5 days later.

Believe me, it won't take 6 weeks. VAC is processing the Lump Sum payment forms faster these days. I submitted mine on a date back in February and I had my Lump Sum deposit 5 days later.
Good to know. Looks like most people are receiving it within 2 weeks if submitted through myvac. We'll see how long mine takes.

Back