• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC Return to Lifetime Pensions Discussion

meni0n said:
I sent a message on my vac to find out about taking the lump sum option, still waiting for an answer. I also did the calculation with the excel sheet, thanks for that. For the amount that I will get, I would really rather get it in one payment than getting a ridiculous 100$ a month....

Most of us would prefer it. I think. At my age, I could probably near double that with proper investing. Or I could buy a rental property and make more per month off the rent then the 1150.

$100-$500 a month for most that qualify under this won't have a major positive influence on their lives.

The new "veteran" that would receive these benefits is majority under 50, not retired, probably had or was forced to find work postmedicall

I am curious,
Once it's released and rolling, with trudexit mostly occuring in 2019, how will the conservatives improve this,
And

What is the additional pain and compensation, I have not seen anything that dictates what qualifies for it.

Ie
I'm at 102%,
Recieved  CIA at lowest grade.
1 at 65%
1 at 10%
1 at 20%
1 at 5%

VRAB for one more, back, go figure back is the hardest to do because of the way military doctors write.

And a review to increase my hearing because it's in a steady decline since 2012, and the latest puts me at an almost deaf in my right ear.

I work from home, medical reasons, I see physio, mental health and RMT regularly, hope fully soon a chiro.

Are they judging it like the CIA? Because thats a joke. Your CM decides on that, if you have one, and what happens when you are forced out of the Rehab program and your CM removed? Some intake case manager decides on it, that doesn't know you or your situation.

If anyone has insight on the Additional please post it?

TIA

The additional Pain and compensation benefit is the CIA. They will be eliminating the time servered criteria and will be based on the medical criteria that exists now. The benefit will also be tax free Grade 1 being $1500 Grade 2 $1000 and Grade 3 $500.

Whatever your grade is now will be protected on coming into force and they cannot bump you down a grade if they bumped you up due to the time served criteria.

Also if DEC the CIA supplement will be eliminated and a 1% per year added to your pay until you would have reached 20 years service. If you have 20 or more years then your SOL.

Got a reply from VAC saying that it would be possible to take it as a lump sum. Once all the calculations are done, we'll be provided with a worksheet and a choice of how to take it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

meni0n said:
Got a reply from VAC saying that it would be possible to take it as a lump sum. Once all the calculations are done, we'll be provided with a worksheet and a choice of how to take it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Beautiful.
Will be nice to have that and take control of it. Invest and retire early.

Thanks for the spread sheet, not counting my eggs before they hatch, but nice to get a ballpark of what to expect month to month or lump sum....

Kokanee said:
Thanks for the spread sheet, not counting my eggs before they hatch, but nice to get a ballpark of what to expect month to month or lump sum....

No I agree. I have found it best with VAC to know the math prior. Go in with a level head, and an understanding of the steps behind.
Ie-
Right now they won't give me a reassess even though I'm over 100% and they have me as 8% hearing loss, but in effect I'm deaf now in my right ear. Which, adds to the disability and puts me at 65% for PTSD and a combined 50% for others, which according to the intake case manager would put me at a grade 2 for CIA.

Question with regards to grade 1,2,or3. Is everyone grade 1,2,or3 or are some not graded and fall by the wayside. Anyone know or seen anything in print. Thanks in advance.

cowboy628 said:
Question with regards to grade 1,2,or3. Is everyone grade 1,2,or3 or are some not graded and fall by the wayside. Anyone know or seen anything in print. Thanks in advance.

A few things,
1. you have to apply, which if you don't know about it or have a shitty case manager you will.never know
2. It depends on the amount of physical disability, and if it affects working
3. It also will adjust via mental health.
4. I forget the right way, but starts at one level and increases to a third, with varying degrees of compensation. (Which is currently taxed) and next year not.

So-called if someone getting PSC pension, as well as APSC, they are near the old charter threshold. Which seems it will be the liberal war cry when it comes to voting.
But- very few veterans, that actually use it will be getting PSC, and full grade APSC.

upandatom said:
A few things,
1. you have to apply, which if you don't know about it or have a shitty case manager you will.never know
2. It depends on the amount of physical disability, and if it affects working
3. It also will adjust via mental health.
4. I forget the right way, but starts at one level and increases to a third, with varying degrees of compensation. (Which is currently taxed) and next year not.

So-called if someone getting PSC pension, as well as APSC, they are near the old charter threshold. Which seems it will be the liberal war cry when it comes to voting.
But- very few veterans, that actually use it will be getting PSC, and full grade APSC.

How about physical and mental? I just assumed that because I had 21 years in, I would be put at grade 3 regardless how severe confition is.

GreenArmychick said:
How about physical and mental? I just assumed that because I had 21 years in, I would be put at grade 3 regardless how severe confition is.

If you meet the medical requirements for whichever grade level you fall into then your time in won't matter.

So are the requirements for grade level printed? They must be know to some one if they use the grade in examples.

cowboy628 said:
So are the requirements for grade level printed? They must be know to some one if they use the grade in examples.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/2126

Well after reading the requirements for the different grades 1,2,3 its obvious to me the not many will be getting any of that money. I guess it's just going to be a vote against the Libs for broken promises. We were lied to last election and wont happen the next one. :rofl: to all those that were in ABC crowd.

cowboy628 said:
:rofl: to all those that were in ABC crowd.

I don't think there is any need to start making political jabs; governments are like diapers, they should be changed regularly after all lest they become too stinky.

I see nothing wrong with it (jabs). They were to stupid to know they were being used. P.S
Sorry if you were one of them. Have a great night

Move on. The ABC group have nothing to do with the thread.

They are only a concern for those that listened to them.

Milnet Staff

Teager said:
If you meet the medical requirements for whichever grade level you fall into then your time in won't matter.

The highest payment really is hospitalized and can't do 90% of daily.routine on your own

So, recently read in several spots. Liberals could call a snap election while NAFTA and other boondoggle mistakes are still fresh and not fully understood what's going on.

So if that happens, and liberals are out, what do you think will happen with the PFL?
Will it stand, and then the big topic will be the review of the new PFL and how it could be improved?

Back