• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Donald H]

If only Americans would learn to accept that in the way that most of the modern world accepts it!

[/quote]

That's the thing about being the toughest kid on the block (with most of the modern world be-trodden to you for military protection, military and civilian aid, and straight up handouts).

You don't have to give a shit what other people think.

shawn5o said:
Ref Trump's taxes- Its getting very interesting

Yeah it is.  From a security point of view many of Trump’s normal detractors have brought up his liability in having 3 to 4 hundred million dollars in debt to parties unknown.

If we follow the money and it leads to Russia, Turkey or Saudi Arabia it would be cause for concern and explain many many things in this past administration.

Remius said:
Yeah it is.  From a security point of view many of Trump’s normal detractors have brought up his liability in having 3 to 4 hundred million dollars in debt to parties unknown.

If we follow the money and it leads to Russia, Turkey or Saudi Arabia it would be cause for concern and explain many many things in this past administration.

And if you follow the money and it leads to Bank of America in Connecticut, then what will be your explanation?

shawn5o said:
But it is illegal for the IRS to leak the personal tax returns of any individual. The Times is probably guarding its sources better than security at Fort Knox.

May be it didn't come from within the IRS, it may have come from someone within the Trump Organization.

Weinie said:
And if you follow the money and it leads to Bank of America in Connecticut, then what will be your explanation?

That his position on those issues were without any conflict of interest perceived or otherwise as it pertains to his massive debt load. 

But he hasn’t revealed who he owes money to or released his tax info.  Until he does he gets to live  with the cloud of suspicion over his head. 

Remius said:
That his position on those issues were without any conflict of interest perceived or otherwise as it pertains to his massive debt load. 

But he hasn’t revealed who he owes money to or released his tax info.  Until he does he gets to live  with the cloud of suspicion over his head.

Cloud of suspicion does not equal wrongdoing.

Weinie said:
Cloud of suspicion does not equal wrongdoing.

Absolutely.  I never said otherwise. 

But all of it stinks so far.  Transparency on his part could easily fix the issue.

shawn5o said:
Yet they also debunk many cherished left-wing fantasies — and they may confirm what Trump supporters have said since 2016: that he has sacrificed his personal fortune to serve.

Breitbart News

That’s a bizarre take on it. That’s like saying I sacrificed my ability to dance to serve. No I didn’t; I’ve just consistently sucked at it for a long time.

By all appearances now, if Trump had simply taken the fortune he inherited and invested it conservatively in a mix of blue chip and money market funds, he’d have done far better than pretty much any of his myriad failed and failing business ventures.

Regarding the security risks- that sort of personal debt would kill anyone else’s chance at a security clearance. That kind of personal financial liability is an absolutely huge concern from a security amd reliability standpoint, completey aside from popping myths about his business acumen.

Brihard said:
That’s a bizarre take on it. That’s like saying I sacrificed my ability to dance to serve. No I didn’t; I’ve just consistently sucked at it for a long time.

By all appearances now, if a Trump has simply taken the fortune he inherited and invested it conservatively in a mix of blue chip and money market funds, he’d have done far better than pretty much any of his myriad failed and failing business ventures.

Regarding the security risks- that sort of personal debt would kill anyone else’s chance at a security clearance. That kind of personal financial liability is an absolutely huge concern from a security amd reliability standpoint, completey aside from popping myths about his business acumen.

Yeah, pretty easy to observe on that with the benefit of hindsight.

Another perspective:

“If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”

― Steve Jobs

Weinie said:

Another perspective:

― Steve Jobs

Indeed. His business failures vary in duration, but some seem to span decades too. It doesn’t look like, in net terms, he has much ‘success’ to claim.

Has a president ever had a couple hundred mil in loans in his own name come due while in office before?

Weinie said:

Another perspective:

― Steve Jobs

The issue is that he portrayed himself as a very successful businessman now and back then.  What the times piece seems to show is that he was a successful celebrity and invested his fortune in terrible deals.  Or at least for the last 15 years and somehow got himself into a 300-400 million dollar debt load.  It gets hard to not see any issues with that.

>Until he does he gets to live  with the cloud of suspicion over his head.

There are so many of those clouds; how do we know which is which?  Are both the Russian collusion and debt clouds in suitable shades of red?

Remius said:
The issue is that he portrayed himself as a very successful businessman now and back then.  What the times piece seems to show is that he was a successful celebrity and invested his fortune in terrible deals.  Or at least for the last 15 years and somehow got himself into a 300-400 million dollar debt load.  It gets hard to not see any issues with that.

So bad businessman or bad president. Some folks on here are obsessed with one thing or another about him: I personally don't give a fat rats azz about his business acumen or his debt, he is the POTUS, and as a consequence we have to deal with him as POTUS, not as a celebrity, not as a real estate tycoon.

We have a PM who used to be a drama teacher.

Weinie said:
So bad businessman or bad president. Some folks on here are obsessed with one thing or another about him: I personally don't give a fat rats azz about his business acumen or his debt, he is the POTUS, and as a consequence we have to deal with him as POTUS, not as a celebrity, not as a real estate tycoon.

We have a PM who used to be a drama teacher.

A POTUS with a 300 to 400 million dollar debt, assuming those numbers are accurate.  With unknown backers. Does that sort of thing not concern you?  That to me is the real story behind his tax returns.  Not how he gamed the system if done legally.

Keep in mind he also charges his secret service types to stay at his hotels.  That thing that tax payer money actually foots the bill for.  Remember when he wanted to host the G7 at his resort.  Seems like he may have forgotten that he isn’t a tycoon anymore.

I feel like many folks here could benefit from Episode 1138 Scott Adam’s explanation on taxes, business, cash flow vs income, cash flow and debt, etc.  If you already have a basic understanding of all of that, then the podcast isn’t necessary and you’d know this NY Times article is a gigantic nothing burger designed to fool low information swing voters. 

In fact, as Scott Adams suggests and I agree, this all shows us one important thing; Trump is far cleaner than we all thought. 

Debate tonight at 21:00hrs.

Regardless of anyone’s views it will be an interesting debate.

Remius said:
Debate tonight at 21:00hrs.

Regardless of anyone’s views it will be an interesting debate.
One for the ages

QV said:
I feel like many folks here could benefit from Episode 1138 Scott Adam’s explanation on taxes, business, cash flow vs income, cash flow and debt, etc.  If you already have a basic understanding of all of that, then the podcast isn’t necessary and you’d know this NY Times article is a gigantic nothing burger designed to fool low information swing voters. 

In fact, as Scott Adams suggests and I agree, this all shows us one important thing; Trump is far cleaner than we all thought.

Is this the Scott Adams you're talking about?

https://www.scottadamssays.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back