• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US National Strategy for Counter Terrorism

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hot off the press...

US National Strategy for Counter Terrorism

My fellow Americans:

I made a solemn promise to the American people to spare no effort to preserve the
safety and security of the United States. This National Strategy for Counterterrorism
helps keep that promise. We must defeat the terrorists who threaten America’s safety,
prevent future attacks, and protect our national interests. This requires a new approach
to combatting and preventing terrorism.

In fulfilling my promise to renew America’s strength and security, I have revitalized our
military, and we are now, through action and leadership, prevailing against the terrorists
aiming to harm us and our interests. We are using all available tools at our disposal to
combat terrorist groups, starve them of support, and prevent them from recruiting new
followers. We are also disrupting terrorist threats within our own borders, from
individuals mobilized to violence by a range of domestic and foreign terrorist ideologies
and who threaten our safety.

This has not been easy. My Administration inherited a world in which the terrorist
threat had become more complex and widespread than ever before. We, the people of
the United States, face global terrorist networks and their affiliates. We face terrorist
organizations backed by state sponsors. And we face homegrown threats inspired by
terrorist propaganda.

The National Strategy for Counterterrorism recognizes the full range of terrorist threats
that the United States confronts within and beyond our borders, and emphasizes the
use of all elements of national power to combat terrorism and terrorist ideologies. It
enhances our emphasis on targeting terrorist networks that threaten the United States
and our allies and on disrupting and denying their ability to mobilize, finance, travel,
communicate, and inspire new followers. We will deny terrorists the freedom to travel
and communicate across international borders, and we will take action to limit their
ability to recruit and radicalize online. We will combat the violent, extreme, and twisted
ideologies that purport to justify the murder of innocent victims. We will also ensure
that America’s critical infrastructure is protected, in order to deter and prevent attacks,
and is resilient so that we can quickly recover should it come under attack.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/NSCT.pdf

Back