• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Election: 2016

This is what I get for going to bed early  ;D

I guess we get to see just how good a deal maker he is.

Meanwhile, on the markets very early on ...
... As the votes rolled in for Trump, U.S. stock markets plunged with futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average falling 506 points, or roughly 4%, as investors began to brace for Trump’s agenda and his anti-free trade views. Those losses were paired when Trump struck a conciliatory tone in accepting Clinton’s concession.

Fear of a Trump presidency was evident at the open of trading in Europe, where stocks in London plunged 2%, after futures indicated losses as high as 4%. The Hang Seng Index in Hong Kong tumbled 2.7%, the South Korean Kospi fell 2.5% and the Japanese Nikkei 225 was down 5.1%. Australian and New Zealand markets fell by a similar measure.

Assets that rise in value during periods of market upheaval, for instance the U.S. dollar, gold, and government bonds, surged. Gold rose $41 to $1,316 a troy ounce, or over 3.2%. Ten-year U.S. Treasury note yields fell 12 basis points to 1.73%, indicating an investor flight to the safety of government bonds. The euro fell 2%, while the Japanese yen fell 3%.

The Mexican peso, the asset that has swung most violently depending on prospects for the presidential vote, plunged ...

Now comes the scary part:

15036355_1153971058025891_4155780657659882288_n.jpg

I just want to stand at the border waving at the Hollywood liberals as they cross into Canada. >:D
With full control the GOP should be able to kill Obamacare as the first order of business.This is something that everyone in the GOP can agree on and it doesnt need to be replaced.I could support grudgingly expanding medicare and Medicaid to cover everyone,but it wouldnt be pretty.

So any takers on his cabinet?

Rudy Giuliani
Newt Gingrich
Sean Hannity
Chris Christie

His kids.  (I bet he makes one of them his COS)

Brad Sallows said:
Let the enjoyment of hearing the lamentation of their women commence.

Oh,oh,oh, the wailing on CBC radio this morning was a delight to my ears.  I am going to enjoy the next few days of lamentations from the left.  How I wish I had of put some money on the election.

Wondering how the Democrats feel about how the nomination process now?
My post on FB.

"I'm not one to gloat or despair over election results. The true winner is every person that actually got to use that wonderful thing that, lots of folks would, and have, given their life blood for. The right to cast a ballot.......
I do however think this is an interesting topic of discussion. Its pretty much a given that the Democrat's heirarchy rigged the nomination process so that Ms. Clinton would beat Mr. Sanders. I wonder how things would have turned out had that not been so........I think Bernie would have won the election by a country mile. We'll never know but it does intrigue me."

Bruce Monkhouse said:
My post on FB.

"I'm not one to gloat or despair over election results. The true winner is every person that actually got to use that wonderful thing that, lots of folks would, and have, given their life blood for. The right to cast a ballot.......
I do however think this is an interesting topic of discussion. Its pretty much a given that the Democrat's heirarchy rigged the nomination process so that Ms. Clinton would beat Mr. Sanders. I wonder how things would have turned out had that not been so........I think Bernie would have won the election by a country mile. We'll never know but it does intrigue me."

They certainly did it to themselves.

So what about all that vote rigging  [:D

Bruce Monkhouse said:
My post on FB.

Great post Bruce.

Couldn't agree more.  The hierarchy did their best to rig the election.  Ballot stuffing, machines that mysteriously registered the wrong vote, a heavily biased media, biased polls.A campaign to recruit Hollywood actors and Youtube celebrities. Random accusations of alleged sexual harassment and assault. The president of the US campaigning for Clinton and not doing his own job.

And yet, a surprising win for democracy.  I hope Mr Trump throws Clinton in jail, addresses the rampant US media bias and takes apart the corrupt Clinton foundation.

Remius said:
So any takers on his cabinet?

Rudy Giuliani
Newt Gingrich
Sean Hannity
Chris Christie

His kids.  (I bet he makes one of them his COS)

I imagine that his kids will take over the Trump Empire/business as he gives up management of it.  Unlike in Canada, it is not necessary in the US for him to do so, but the "tradition" has been for the President to place their business interests into a blind management agreement to avoid a potential conflict of interest.

(That practice nearly bankrupted Jimmy Carter when he was President.)

Jarnhamar said:
Great post Bruce.

Couldn't agree more.  The hierarchy did their best to rig the election.  Ballot stuffing, machines that mysteriously registered the wrong vote, a heavily biased media, biased polls.A campaign to recruit Hollywood actors and Youtube celebrities. Random accusations of alleged sexual harassment and assault. The president of the US campaigning for Clinton and not doing his own job.

And yet, a surprising win for democracy.  I hope Mr Trump throws Clinton in jail, addresses the rampant US media bias and takes apart the corrupt Clinton foundation.

Its never too late to do the right thing.

Here is a good post mortem that I largely agree with.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-white-house-hillary-clinton-liberals?CMP=share_btn_tw

It lays the blame squarely on the DNC and Liberals.  He makes a strong argument.

Here's PMJT's response ...
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the result of the US Presidential Election:

“On behalf of the Government of Canada, I would like to congratulate Donald J. Trump on his election as the next President of the United States.

“Canada has no closer friend, partner, and ally than the United States. We look forward to working very closely with President-elect Trump, his administration, and with the United States Congress in the years ahead, including on issues such as trade, investment, and international peace and security.

“The relationship between our two countries serves as a model for the world.  Our shared values, deep cultural ties, and strong integrated economies will continue to provide the basis for advancing our strong and prosperous partnership.”
... Putin's statement ...
Vladimir Putin sent a message of congratulations to Donald Trump on his victory in the US presidential election.

In his message, Mr Putin said he hopes for work together to lift Russian-US relations out of the current crisis, resolve issues on the international agenda, look for effective responses to global security challenges.

The President said he is confident that Moscow and Washington can establish a constructive dialogue based on the principles of equality, mutual respect, and genuine consideration for each other’s positions. This would be in the interests of both peoples and of the entire international community.

Mr Putin wished Mr Trump success in the high office and responsibility of head of state.
... and @DarthPutin's response via his (satirical?) Twitter account here and here:
My first summit with President Trump will take place in the Russian city of Kiev.
Before he is inaugurated I will meet Trump in the Saint Petersburg suburb of Estonia.

The way forward for the Democrats will be instructive - will they think that Trump won, or that Clinton lost.  That will inform what they do, and how they change (or don't).

Last Night for some reason, CTV was 1/2hr ahead of the count, before the US Propaganda Machine networks posted.

I stated over a year ago that if Trump won, He would be the Biblical prophecy of the Antichrist.

We are headed into WWIII, 3rd WW, China, Russia, North Korea Vs US, etc., will be the next World wide block buster,
made in the USA, produced by Trump TV.

C.U.

Chispa said:
Last Night for some reason, CTV was 1/2hr ahead of the count, before the US Propaganda Machine networks posted.

I stated over a year ago that if Trump won, He would be the Biblical prophecy of the Antichrist.

We are headed into WWIII, 3rd WW, China, Russia, North Korea Vs US, etc., will be the next World wide block buster,

C.U.
They were ahead because they were speculating based on percentages. Many of the networks were doing it. Except FOX. They wouldn't speculate and wouldn't report till the numbers were real.

As for the rest of your post, that's even too far out for my imagination. :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Chispa said:

C.U.

That was likely because CTV were counting projected wins. 

They said those things when Bush was voted in. 

"Doing 38 Dan, chill the f**k out, mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down."

dapaterson said:
The way forward for the Democrats will be instructive - will they think that Trump won, or that Clinton lost.  That will inform what they do, and how they change (or don't).

If I were them, I'd start planning for Michelle Obama in 2020, now... :nod:

Clearly, not enough Dems came out to vote, albeit potentially whilst holding their noses.

If one looks at the closely contested States, one can assess that 164,000 Dems could have made the difference, had they sorted themselves out towards the end.  Dems correctly assessed MI as a close state, sending Hillary in on the last day, and it was, but there were three other States that would have made the difference too (most 'efficiently' re: minimal add'l voter turnout required to swing the votes).  I think the Dems knew about PA, but WI and CO were close but as I recall, weren't focused on by Team Blue.

EC votes -  State -  loss by voters - efficiency of additional voters per EC required

16            MI            ~17,000            1,000 / EC vote
10            WI            ~27,000          2,700 / EC vote
20            PA            ~70,000          3,300 / EC vote
  9            CO          ~50,000          5,500 / EC vote

55 (for 273)            ~164,000          3,000avg / EC vote

I'm sure they'll do the statistical autopsy on this one, but interesting to see the narrow margins and how a slight increase in turnout might have swung things for them.

One should see things move forward with an Executive, House and Senate now aligned.  Americans certainly should expect to see no excuses anymore on moving the issues.

Regards
G2G

>I stated over a year ago that if Trump won, He would be the Biblical prophecy of the Antichrist.

You must be young.  "They" said much the same about Reagan.  Now it just sounds tiresomely repetitive and meaningless alongside all the other crap about the Republican nominee-of-the-day being racist, misogynist, fascist, Nazi, Hitler, etc.

To paraphrase - you need to find a politics that goes to 11- on this one, once you dial it up to 10, there's nowhere left to go.

Yes that's what they were projections, just point out CTV was / hr ahead of most TV stations

I remember Reagan dubbed the antichrist, online is littered with it.

As for the rest, well time will tell, China and Russia have been seeking world domination.

U.S. And China Flirting With Military Confrontation In South China Sea
http://yournewswire.com/u-s-and-china-flirting-with-military-confrontation-in-south-china-sea/

US says Russian jet flew 10ft from plane over Black Sea.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37303247

Back