• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Army to announce Major Redeployment

M

MAJOR_Baker

US Department of Defense is set to announce major redeployment of forces from Europe. Expected to return are 1st Armored and 1st Infantry Divisions along with various 5th Corps units.

The remaining forces are Headquarters, and Air Force units.

IMO, it is a win win for the US, some smaller bases will be in eastern europe, likely Poland and return of forces from an expensive, difficult, crowded location to train in! In the short run a large number of Germans will become unemployed and rental rates will drop. :warstory:

If you move troops into Poland won‘t the Russians get a little concerned?

Why have army bases in Europe when they now have army bases in the Middle East! It will be cheaper and closer to the action. Keep the Air Force Bases as an intermediate staging area.

Hmm, keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

I‘m just wondering where all the funding is going to come from for these bases. It seems to me that US forces are constantly redeploying, developing new technology, buying more equipment, helping train and equip smaller armies, especially in South America, etc...where is this money coming from. Perhaps Maj. Baker can fill me in on the state of US Military finances...

Just look at the kit and man power that will be available!

Having been in Germany when we were there and having been to Bamberg and Kharlsrue they were huge Base‘s just to name two.

The people that are going to really get whacked as a result of this are the large number of American expatriates that participate in the American shadow economy over here. You would not believe the number of American contractors, businesses and professionals over here that provide services to the US Community. There are American Lawyers, American Car Salesmen, American Doctors, and American Dentists overhere all providing goods and services to the American Military Community. These are the people who are really going to be hurt by this.

As for the Germans, the economy already sucks over here. The US Military has really never driven the German Economy, and the US is now so spread out across the south that I don‘t think the effect will be all that major. Largely because the deployment to Iraq has already significantly created an economic impact.

Back