• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

URINE Questions

• Thread starter dave_conolly
  • Start date
If you study hard you should pass it okay.

I have a question I did my medical on the 22nd and I was wondering aren't they supposed to take a urine sample? When I went in they had me do all the tests and that but never took a urine sample. So I'm asking is this normal and I shouldn't worry about it or is this something I should be worrying about?

Offstar1029 said:
I have a question I did my medical on the 22nd and I was wondering aren't they supposed to take a urine sample? When I went in they had me do all the tests and that but never took a urine sample. So I'm asking is this normal and I shouldn't worry about it or is this something I should be worrying about?

You may find an answer here.

URINE Questions 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/13577.125.html

Ok thanks I actually didn't expect there to be a whole post section for urine questions.

Offstar1029 said:
Ok thanks I actually didn't expect there to be a whole post section for urine questions.

You are welcome.  :salute:

Do you have something to worry about that might be picked up on a urine test?

MM

No there isn't anything for me to worry about I've never done anything. All I was worried about was if they had forgot to take it what the delay's it could cause to my application process would be. But I now know that they don't do urine tests during the application process for my trades.

.. I've never heard of them taking blood or asking for a urine sample at the medical, unless they tell you to go get one done by a doctor.

Offstar1029 said:
No there isn't anything for me to worry about I've never done anything. All I was worried about was if they had forgot to take it what the delay's it could cause to my application process would be. But I now know that they don't do urine tests during the application process for my trades.

Just checking  ;D

MM

Treemoss said:
.. I've never heard of them taking blood or asking for a urine sample at the medical, unless they tell you to go get one done by a doctor.

I believe some trades require a urine test. I might be wrong though.

Flatliner said:
I believe some trades require a urine test. I might be wrong though.

Pretty sure Air crew trades do, as well as some other Air Force trades.

All I really have to say about this is simply - why are y'all worrying about a pee test?  If you have nothing to hide medically or recreationally, you shouldn't obsess over a test that may or may not be administered.  Just be aware that you might be asked to provide at another other time  not of your choosing...

MM

medicineman said:
All I really have to say about this is simply - why are y'all worrying about a pee test?  If you have nothing to hide medically or recreationally, you shouldn't obsess over a test that may or may not be administered.  Just be aware that you might be asked to provide at another other time  not of your choosing...

MM

For me it was that I didn't want a delay in my file due to not getting a urine test when supposed to. Anything to make sure the process moves smoothly and nothing gets missed.

Flatliner said:
For me it was that I didn't want a delay in my file due to not getting a urine test when supposed to. Anything to make sure the process moves smoothly and nothing gets missed.

If it were meant to be administered, they'd have done it  ;)...though if I started doing recruit medicals again, I'd do them just to see how long it would take to get back to this forum  >:D.

MM

Hi, I just did my medical this morning and when I got to work I realised that no urine sample was taken. When I got off work the office was closed so I could not reach anyone to ask. Everywhere I look online/search it says that a urine sample is part of the medical exam so I want to get this resolved asap. Is a urine sample still part of the test. I am still going to call the office to find out tomorrow but curiosity is killing me.

thanks for those, when I did a search here I only got threads where people were asking about doing drugs etc... which I am not worried about. I will still give the local office a call just in case because I dont want any delays.

And they've all been merged.

I just called my local RC this morning to inquire about the medical. She told me that at this specific RC, they do NOT do urine samples. This is in Ottawa, Ontario for reference. I have my medical this week.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had my medical exam today and I did not undergo any urine test. I just did hearing/vision/flexibility(etc). Does anyone know why I wasn't tested?(I'm 17 btw)

sethh said:
I just had my medical exam today and I did not undergo any urine test. I just did hearing/vision/flexibility(etc). Does anyone know why I wasn't tested?(I'm 17 btw)

Urine tests aren’t conducted as part of enrollment medicals.

Back