• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

URINE Questions

• Thread starter dave_conolly
  • Start date
I really guess nobody reads anything that's posted on previous pages here - you don't have to do a routine urine test except for aircrew, bio-science and SAR tech.  All others are free and clear...for now.

MM

I had to submit one. It was actually April 20th, I see I posted May 20th previously. It had nothing to do with drug use, as I have had no experience with this, just many,many beers. My trade choice was Nav Comm.

MedTech32 said:
As of last week, we are no longer testing Applicants Urine at the CFRC Level, except for those applicants who are going for:

Aircrew Trades
SAR TECH
BioScience 

However, that being said, as previously stated you will be given ample oppertunity to provide both Urine and Blood Samples to the Medics during your carreer, for both Health and Legal related issues.

And, as of April, they aren't being done - some places took awhile to catch up.  Perhaps a mod can lock this up?

I am Curious; I came clean with my past drug use (no pun intended) on the drug sheet, and I assumed the urine test would be for drug use.  But upon reading up I have seen people say it was only to check for health problems... I am not worried about failing a drug test, just curious as to why they wouldn't test for drugs in the medical.  Honor system?

"The urine test is used to determine if the recruit has any medical problems. Employers (including the DND) do not have authority to drug test as part of the recruitment process, as protected under the Charter of Rights and privacy legislation."

How true is that statement above?

reread the other 100 posts about the infamous drug screening question.

I don't do drugs.  Had some MJ with a friend a while ago (year) and haven't touched it since.  I am genuinely curious, thanks for your friendly advice though.

Knight13 said:
I don't do drugs.  Had some MJ with a friend a while ago (year) and haven't touched it since.  I am genuinely curious, thanks for your friendly advice though.
Last time I checked MJ was a drug!

Are we talking of the pee test to check whether or not women are pregnant in basics? Unless there is some doubt (or some change) the only test you should pursue would be a blood test to check whether or not your body could assimilate some vaccine (for malaria I think).

Be ready to have a pee test at any moment of your career! Just don't use drugs.

There is no urine test required for the medical during the recruitment process--assuming that's what you're talking about.

BeyondTheNow said:
There is no urine test required for the medical during the recruitment process--assuming that's what you're talking about.

There is if you are going for flight crew.

Mike_myers said:
Unless there is some doubt (or some change) the only test you should pursue would be a blood test to check whether or not your body could assimilate some vaccine (for malaria I think).

G6PD blood test to determine if there is a specific enzyme in your blood or not.  (Do they do that before BMQ now?)

BTW, there is no vaccine for malaria.

Back