• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Exactly. If people want the "nicer version", go ahead. But it should not be a "You've been posted to Unit X. Now pay up."
Agreed - however once you see the issue items and the kit shop items there is a distinct difference. For those that want to pony up why not?

Or just get rid of our regimental system.

1 Bn Of Inf needs a rifleman in Pet ? Too easy. 4 Bn of Inf in Edmonton has an extra one off you go.

Keep the buttons and bows the same across the Army and let them use the Inf branch cap badge.

1 Bn Of Inf needs a rifleman in Pet ? Too easy. 4 Bn of Inf in Edmonton has an extra one off you go.

Keep the buttons and bows the same across the Army and let them use the Inf branch cap badge.
season 6 dewey largo GIF

You joke (or not) but that's pretty much what the Australians did.

The intellectual property is own by the Government of Canada so unless permission is sought no 3rd party can sell the product. The CANEX usually has right of first refusal with the exception of unique unit/regt merchandise

"Branch, regimental, and group funds may establish kit shops to offer specialized
merchandise, unique to the branch, regiment or group. These kit shops can play a vital
role in the maintenance of branch, regiment or group traditions and through their profits
support branch, regimental or group activities"

Also key is that the demand for this sort of thing is quite low so less the CANEX or a unit likely nobody would want to sell the product

CHAPTER 6 BADGES AND MOTTOES
SECTION 3 - KIT SHOPS

While I agree with @markppcli that one should not be forced, there should be zero issue with better versions being avail if one wishes to purchase them.

So that’s the rub. See the previous post about no “self respecting patricia” - that’s the attitude that “heavily suggests” members shell out their own money.

So that’s the rub. See the previous post about no “self respecting patricia” - that’s the attitude that “heavily suggests” members shell out their own money.
Yea that sort of bunk helps no one, agreed. The whole I did so you will and you will loss respect/credibility are not conducive ways to generate regimental pride

Exactly. If people want the "nicer version", go ahead. But it should not be a "You've been posted to Unit X. Now pay up."
On the RCN side it's usually more a 'less shitty' version. I do love my pre-unification metal cap badge for my peak cap though, way nice than the embroidered cap badge with a metal-ish anchor.

Edit: Maybe I'll try marketing a NWO badge that doesn't look like it was done by someone that hasn't seen a ship, waves and doesn't understand perspective as a side hustle for fun.

On the RCN side it's usually more a 'less shitty' version. I do love my pre-unification metal cap badge for my peak cap though, way nice than the embroidered cap badge with a metal-ish anchor.
Wasn't the pre-unification badge the RN one below (yes it's the Officers one but you get the point), which looks nothing like the RCN one?

64189.jpg

Wasn't the pre-unification badge the RN one below (yes it's the Officers one but you get the point), which looks nothing like the RCN one?

64189.jpg
Oak leaves replaced by maple leaves, although there are no maples on the west coast (from what I understand)

As to the "metal" cap badge (RCN), I seem to recall seeing that in post unification pictures about the internet.

Oak leaves replaced by maple leaves, although there are no maples on the west coast (from what I understand)
At the risk of being pedantic, BC has big-leaf maple, Douglas maple and vine maple. The last two are shrubs, and the first one is a tree. There are no sugar maples, which I believe the national symbol is based on, west of Ontario.

:geek:

At the risk of being pedantic, BC has big-leaf maple, Douglas maple and vine maple. The last two are shrubs, and the first one is a tree. There are no sugar maples, which I believe the national symbol is based on, west of Ontario.

:geek:
I'm as pedantic as the next pedantic nerd! Thanks for the clarification.

Back