• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Update to the DND Army page

N

ninty9

I was pleasantly suprised to see that DND has updated the Army page like all the other ones they hav done over the past year.

I remember a discussion a while back on when they would get it done, since they did the front page, but not the army page. Looks good.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/English/home.asp

Nice work indeed! It‘s been a long time coming, but I know there‘s been a lot of work involved. The changes seem to be geared to the right audience - folks looking for info on the army - and that‘s great!

That update surprised me as well.

The site seems to have definitely retooled for a younger audience. Having a DND menu tab that says ‘cool stuff‘ is worth the update :cool:

wow, taht is pretty cool. i never expected that, and i was just on that site a couple days ago. It seems to be really geared towards recruiting...although i thought that they had too many recruits as it is?

If only the massive web design budget were spent on buying new equipment.. ;)

Very good job! I like it more informative and easier to access info. :cdn:

they did a very good job

but, in one of the "action" pics for the Night Vision Goggles, the Soldier is wearing a US Woodland boonie hat

The discussion forum is a nice idea as well, but you have to wonder how heavily moderated it will be, as it is a DND offcial site.

The overall site design is quite nice though, the update was needed. There was a post on the old LFRR forum indicating that the site would be updated. Good work to those involved :)

Some of us got issued the US boonie cap before the CADPAT one.

Bzz

Probably worth posting the link to the site "intro" as well:

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/index.asp?FlashEnabled=1&

Clearly a lot of work went into it!

The new website looks a lot like the British Army website. WAY better formated than the US Army website, I give 2 THUMBS UP!!!!! :fifty:

cdnarmy.ca is listed as an ‘official‘ link on the links page.

pretty cool. :)

Back