• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unveiling of New CANSOFCOM Dress Uniform

daftandbarmy said:
I hope he doesn't have an ND on those scissors :)

When you've done what he has done in his career, then you can make fun of him for his ND. It is easy to be the critic of the man in the arena. MGen Rouleau immediately owned up to his mistake and called the CDS directly and then advised all the members in his command, a lot of others probably wouldn't have.

Journeyman said:
Channelling my inner RSM/Adjt.... nice uniform, but incorrectly worn.

Paraphrasing the Dress Regs, earned foreign skill badges can be worn:  a) when in the awarding country, or b) when officially hosting someone from that country.  MGen MR is wearing the US Military Freefall Parachutist Badge, while not meeting either of the criteria above.

CHAIRBORNE!    ;)

***deleted*** for being wrong, just plain wrong. ;)

slayer14 said:
When you've done what he has done in his career, then you can make fun of him for his ND.
It comes with the territory of being combat arms IMO.  MPRRs and racks of medals don't immunize someone from ribbing. 

Not a fan of the short pants myself but I'm sure it would make the boot band fans happy  ;D

Journeyman said:
Channelling my inner RSM/Adjt.... nice uniform, but incorrectly worn.

Paraphrasing the Dress Regs, earned foreign skill badges can be worn:  a) when in the awarding country, or b) when officially hosting someone from that country.  MGen MR is wearing the US Military Freefall Parachutist Badge, while not meeting either of the criteria above.

CHAIRBORNE!    ;)

Eye In The Sky said:
May as well point out the beret is not being worn IAW CFP 265 either... :eek:rly:

Beret. The beret shall be worn evenly on the head, with the sweatband 2.5 cm above the eyebrows, the badge centred over the left eye, and the crown pulled downward to the right. The break of thesweatband shall be worn centred at the back of the head, with no draw string visible.

:clubinhand:
The problem is you are quoting the CAF Dress Manual. As SOF, the regular CAF rules do not apply and they have their own set, drafted by themselves and approved directly by the CDS.  Unfortunately, they are Classified so unavailable for viewing by anyone else in the CAF.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

garb811 said:
The problem is you are quoting the CAF Dress Manual. As SOF, the regular CAF rules do not apply and they have their own set, drafted by themselves and approved directly by the CDS.  Unfortunately, they are Classified so unavailable for viewing by anyone else in the CAF.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

JOHN...has a long moustache.  JOHN...has a long moustache.  :panic:

BEADWINDOW!!  You're not supposed to talk about the dress regs that don't exist! 

Eye In The Sky said:
JOHN...has a long moustache.  JOHN...has a long moustache.  :panic:

BEADWINDOW!!  You're not supposed to talk about the dress regs that don't exist!

I love the SOF guys and gals in the way that they are supposed to be so secretive and out of the public view. But with their special uniforms and haircuts you can spot them a mile away.
Everytime I see one I can only think of Col Flagg.

I loved that guy!  Who else could you trust to go that extra mile and break their arm with the x-ray machine when needed?

slayer14 said:
When you've done what he has done in his career, then you can make fun of him for his ND. It is easy to be the critic of the man in the arena. MGen Rouleau immediately owned up to his mistake and called the CDS directly and then advised all the members in his command, a lot of others probably wouldn't have.

Easy!  Need to take the banter in stride.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s having a good chuckle over this thread and all the handwringing and angst over the dressy-dressy sky-is-falling stuff. ;D

G2G

Jarnhamar said:
It comes with the territory of being combat arms IMO.  MPRRs and racks of medals don't immunize someone from ribbing. 

Not a fan of the short pants myself but I'm sure it would make the boot band fans happy  ;D

Precisely.... If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.

And I bet that 'they' get issued boot bands too while we poor can-fods have to make do with a lady's garters :)

Good2Golf said:
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s having a good chuckle over this thread and all the handwringing and angst over the dressy-dressy sky-is-falling stuff. ;D

G2G

Incorrect berets result in reduced operational effectiveness and detract from our force enablers that would otherwise...oh crap, I can't even finish that one....

Eye In The Sky said:
Incorrect berets result in reduced operational effectiveness and detract from our force enablers that would otherwise...oh crap, I can't even finish that one....
Beret’s on point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garb811 said:

So the SOF dress manual does not include creases in the pants (in the scissors cutting photo check out MR's right leg) or squared/tapered sideburns (MR's are spiked/hooked).  As for MR's beret it has had the same shape since 1986 when I first met him in Artillery Phase training.  Take a look at this CSOR Change of Command Parade for more dress tips!  Source: http://www.thedailyobserver.ca/2017/07/06/new-commanding-officer-for-csor

Why keep CSOR a secret when you can find photo-ops on front page of local newspaper?

Attachments

• CoC Pde CSOR.jpg
    CoC Pde CSOR.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 907
CSOR is so secretive, both the incoming and outgoing COs are "seated left".

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

Anyone notice the chairs for the VVIPs in the background:

41M0BvWoXJL._SY400_.jpg

Who knew watching a CANSOF event would feel just like a shiatsu massage at the mall  ;D

FSTO said:
I love the SOF guys and gals in the way that they are supposed to be so secretive and out of the public view. But with their special uniforms and haircuts you can spot them a mile away.
The only unit within the Command that that often-repeated myth approximates is JTF2, although even they have occasionally done public displays.

The others are very much intended for open consumption.  On one occasion, I was with the CO & RSM of JTF2. The RSM asked a soldier walking by if he was with CSOR, to which the troop replied, "I might be" (with a bit of a 'who are you to ask?' sneer [not necessarily a good move]).  The RSM took him aside and gave him a 'loving' chat on how CSOR is part of "the public face of SOF."

Back to the original topic though, if you cannot be readily identified in public, then "the real enemy" wins -- the budget-cutters!  ;)

Good2Golf said:
I suspect you're right  :nod:

.....although I can't imagine a GO with enough free time on his hands to wade through all the klag often posted.  :whistle:

Journeyman said:
.....although I can't imagine a GO with enough free time on his hands to wade through all the klag often posted.  :whistle:

There are a few GO that frequent these forums.  Others may simply have an EA who occasionally yells out "Hey, sir, you gotta come read this!"

Simian Turner said:
So the SOF dress manual does not include creases in the pants (in the scissors cutting photo check out MR's right leg) or squared/tapered sideburns (MR's are spiked/hooked)...

MR has always rocked awesome 'chops'! :nod:

G2G

Back