• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unveiling of New CANSOFCOM Dress Uniform

Humphrey Bogart said:
You're are right ref selection; however, I'm referring to thw cultural aspects that the CAF is again perpetuating.  It's better that SOF remain quiet as we are probably one major incident away from another Somalia Inquiry.

Concur, the khaki hat was more than sufficient recognition but these guys have the ear of bean counters. 

Lightguns said:
Concur, the khaki hat was more than sufficient recognition but these guys have the ear of bean counters.

"If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around." Mark Twain

[:D

Un f***ing real! (Sorry for the harsh terms, but...). New hardware purchases snafued, recruiting snarled and choked, attrition at an all time high (for many undiscussed reasons) and the tall foreheads in OW want/have more buttons and bows. Reality check please!

Maybe this is meant to be regimental Full Dress or Undress for CSOR? It is a regiment after all...

ueo said:
Un f***ing real! (Sorry for the harsh terms, but...). New hardware purchases snafued, recruiting snarled and choked, attrition at an all time high (for many undiscussed reasons) and the tall foreheads in OW want/have more buttons and bows. Reality check please!

You're using the same logic to pick at a minor portion of the overhead of an organizational sub-component (CANSOF's clothing budget within DND's budget [ <1/75,000th]) as The Rideau Institute/Ceasefire.ca inappropriately uses to posit that DND's budget within the GoC's budget is the only place where inefficacy/inappropriateness happens.  Frankly, in both cases, DND's budget and the GoC's budget writ large, there are a lot more places where far more money proportionately is not used wisely. 

The three items you link through attribution as being caused by CANSOF's assaulter/operator dress uniform (procurement, recruiting and attrition) will not be solved by halting the revision of a few hundred dress uniforms.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Lightguns said:
Let's go whole hog banana republic:

"Canadian Special Operations Force Regiment( Pierre Trudeau's Own)"

I would shorten that to "Canadian Special Operations Force Regiment ( Pierre Elliott Trudeau's)" or "CSOFR (PET)"

I think one of the magic words in this whole discussion is "LOGISTIK".

At a recent Mess Dinner, people were wearing BLUES, ordered on points through LOGISTIK.  As LOGISTIK also supplies the UK Forces, and who knows how many others, the sale of different varieties of uniforms is only more business for them.

I just came off the departure parade for the GG.  The flag party was manned by CANSOF troops in their new uniform.  I have to say, the uniform is very striking and tasteful.  Honestly several cuts above the CF Greens the rest of the Army wear.  The concept display l saw last year didn't do this final one justice.

jollyjacktar said:
I just came off the departure parade for the GG.  The flag party was manned by CANSOF troops in their new uniform.  I have to say, the uniform is very striking and tasteful.  Honestly several cuts above the CF Greens the rest of the Army wear.  The concept display l saw last year didn't do this final one justice.

Even from the sole picture I was able to find, I have to agree.  All jokes and shots about our love of buttons and bows in recent years aside, the folks in CANSOF do a difficult and dangerous job;  I've no qualms with them wearing a uniform that 'stands out' and sets them apart of the other 3 DEUs. 

http://www.gg.ca/gallery.aspx?id=11729

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 4,170
George Wallace said:
I think one of the magic words in this whole discussion is "LOGISTIK".

At a recent Mess Dinner, people were wearing BLUES, ordered on points through LOGISTIK.  As LOGISTIK also supplies the UK Forces, and who knows how many others, the sale of different varieties of uniforms is only more business for them.

Blues as in mess kit??  I had to pay for mine (mess kit) but I think the RCAF musicians get a quasi-mess kit for formal events.  That's a guess, the picture that made me think that is at this link, Pic 3 of 7.

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/rcaf-band/index.page

the material colour seems lighter than the *old style* mess kit, its more like the 'new style' RCAF mess kit but the buttons and pants are different.

Eye In The Sky said:
Blues as in mess kit??  I had to pay for mine (mess kit) but I think the RCAF musicians get a quasi-mess kit for formal events.  That's a guess, the picture that made me think that is at this link, Pic 3 of 7.

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/rcaf-band/index.page

the material colour seems lighter than the *old style* mess kit, its more like the 'new style' RCAF mess kit but the buttons and pants are different.

Blues = Patrol Dress = black-tie equivalent at least for armoured and sigs,I believe:
MD-4.jpg

Likely another thing that will help with the appearance of the uniform is the fact they are in better shape than most the CF.

They even made their multicam look like a $1M too because of that fact.

Good2Golf said:
Blues = Patrol Dress = black-tie equivalent at least for armoured and sigs,I believe:
MD-4.jpg

Oh right.  Not all black hat units do the Patrols, so I never thought of that. 

Eye In The Sky said:
Oh right.  Not all black hat units do the Patrols, so I never thought of that.

Actually, ALL the Army did Patrols in the day.  It was "Walking Out Dress" in the Mess and also often worn by the Duty Officer.

Some Reserve Units have been using it for years as Mess Kit.

I have a friend who, in the past couple of years, has used his 'points' to order it through Logistik, for Mess Dinner and other Mess functions. 

Looks like it is making a comeback.

George Wallace said:
Actually, ALL the Army did Patrols in the day.  It was "Walking Out Dress" in the Mess and also often worn by the Duty Officer.

That must have been before my day...I'm still a young pup!!  :nod:

Eye In The Sky said:
That must have been before my day...I'm still a young pup!!  :nod:

It was.

[Sorry for my redundant post above.  Went back to catch up and saw that you had replied to that same info.]

Good2Golf said:
MD-4.jpg

Is no one else going to wonder about the story behind how an Army Captain has Navigator wings? 

Is this a secret plot for the RCAF to float the test balloon for Blues of the Patrol kind?

>:D

Back