• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unveiling of New CANSOFCOM Dress Uniform

Yup, that's the uniform LOGISTIK had on display last year at CANSEC and what I mentioned then.

Dimsum said:
large_000000.jpg

How in God's name would people know you're in the airforce if the uniform isn't blue?!

PuckChaser said:
How in God's name would people know you're in the airforce if the uniform isn't blue?!

Don't worry - if there's a fighter pilot around, he'll tell you.

PuckChaser said:

That guy isn't a** f**ce.

I'll resurrect that uniform for the Canadian Army Air Corps when I become God-Emperor.

But so not with a wedge.

Privateer said:
Would this be worn by all CANSOFCOM personnel, or just "army" personnel and not "navy" and "air force"?
I imagine it will be worn by (and so specifically identify) those personnel in occupations unique to CANSOFCOM.  Alternately, they will set the precedent that RCN, CA and RCAF will follow by insisting personnel change DEU on posting into (or out of) the command.

… so, either an enduring re-occurring waste of money or “I can’t be in the hatless course photo because my identity is a national secret, but I can wear my resume in public and on an OC Transpo bus.”

Edit: spelling

PuckChaser said:

Simple: because he is wearing Air Force gloves :)

Those are Army gloves.

He's Royal Flying Corps.

Surprised nobody has keyed in on rank insignia.

Can't wear the CA DEU because it is controlled by the CA, hence can't wear CA rank because it is controlled by the CA as well.
Can't wear the RCAF DEU because it is controlled by the RCAF, hence can't wear the RCAF rank because it is controlled by the RCAF as well.
Can't wear the RCN DEU because it is controlled by the RCN, hence can't wear the RCN rank because it is controlled by the CA as well.

Logical conclusion:  CANSOFCOM specific rank (and by extension the rest of the buttons and bows including trade insignia) are in the offing as well...

garb811 said:
Surprised nobody has keyed in on rank insignia.

Can't wear the CA DEU because it is controlled by the CA, hence can't wear CA rank because it is controlled by the CA as well.
Can't wear the RCAF DEU because it is controlled by the RCAF, hence can't wear the RCAF rank because it is controlled by the RCAF as well.
Can't wear the RCN DEU because it is controlled by the RCN, hence can't wear the RCN rank because it is controlled by the CA as well.

Logical conclusion:  CANSOFCOM specific rank (and by extension the rest of the buttons and bows including trade insignia) are in the offing as well...

Ha!  I propose "pixellated squares and daggers".

Dimsum said:
Ha!  I propose "pixellated squares and daggers".

The rank is black on a black slip on. You don't see the rank, because much like the person, you'll never see them coming.  ;D

PuckChaser said:
The rank is black on a black slip on. You don't see the rank, because much like the person, you'll never see them coming.  ;D

giphy.gif

I sure hope the metal rod in the picture is *optional wear*.  :eek:

If not, that explains the facial expression.  ^-^

Attachments

• Metal Rod Optional.jpg
    Metal Rod Optional.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,564
Eye In The Sky said:
I sure hope the metal rod in the picture is *optional wear*.  :eek:

If not, that explains the facial expression.  ^-^

Well spotted.... but then again, that's your job isn't it? :)

Haggis said:
Are the DEU worn now by the RCAF, CA and RCN not distinctive enough?  They are, of course, manufactured by the same supplier who now provided CANSOFCOM uniforms, so they must be awesome.

See what just happened there?  Instead of whining about our curent DEU, I just upped it's stature to that of the CANSOF DEU.  [:D

Well I'm not sure what the RCN and RCAF think about there uniforms, but the current CA DEU looks like a business suit with badges....And I would certainly welcome a uniform that makes us actually look like soldiers, not a green bag designed by a rotund CDS at unification :-/

Hell even bringing back the Tan uniform of the 90's would be better than what we have now..

Jon

Old EO Tech said:
Well I'm not sure what the RCN and RCAF think about there uniforms, but the current CA DEU looks like a business suit with badges....And I would certainly welcome a uniform that makes us actually look like soldiers, not a green bag designed by a rotund CDS at unification :-/

Hell even bringing back the Tan uniform of the 90's would be better than what we have now..

Jon
Hear, hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me (or my computer) or do the colours in that picture look off?  The tan beret (for comparison) looks really dark.

MCG said:
I imagine it will be worn by (and so specifically identify) those personnel in occupations unique to CANSOFCOM.  Alternately, they will set the precedent that RCN, CA and RCAF will follow by insisting personnel change DEU on posting into (or out of) the command.

… so, either an enduring re-occurring waste of money or “I can’t be in the hatless course photo because my identity is a national secret, but I can wear my resume in public and on an OC Transpo bus.”

Edit: spelling

There is definitely that.  I suppose they will have their own regimental hat badge to go with their regimental command badge.......  Nothing says Special Forces like a unique uniform AND unique hat badge AND unique command badge.

While I made a couple of jokes already in this thread, I'm actually in the who cares crowd. 

We spend millions of dollars on random pet projects all the time so I suppose SOF should have their cake as well. 

A few thousand uniforms is really a drop in the bucket as far as costs go.  I remember when RMC brought back the College Uniform 10 years ago and there was a huge amount of moaning and groaning.  At the end of the day the cost was only around $1 million dollars which is penny change. 

The irony is we are repeating the same mistakes with CSOR that we made with the Airborne Regiment. 

Humphrey Bogart said:
While I made a couple of jokes already in this thread, I'm actually in the who cares crowd. 

We spend millions of dollars on random pet projects all the time so I suppose SOF should have their cake as well. 

A few thousand uniforms is really a drop in the bucket as far as costs go.  I remember when RMC brought back the College Uniform 10 years ago and there was a huge amount of moaning and groaning.  At the end of the day the cost was only around $1 million dollars which is penny change. 

The irony is we are repeating the same mistakes with CSOR that we made with the Airborne Regiment.

Not quite.  The CAR was given elite status but populated with a lot of dregs of the leg units and almost never used.  There is a much higher standard to getting in the CSOR and they are a much more disciplined and experienced unit.  Everyone I knew who went to the CAR was given a jump course to get them out of the unit because they were problem cases.  The CAR was best known for breaking up transient quarters on air forces bases when they got drunk. 

Lightguns said:
Not quite.  The CAR was given elite status but populated with a lot of dregs of the leg units and almost never used.  There is a much higher standard to getting in the CSOR and they are a much more disciplined and experienced unit.  Everyone I knew who went to the CAR was given a jump course to get them out of the unit because they were problem cases.  The CAR was best known for breaking up transient quarters on air forces bases when they got drunk.

You're are right ref selection; however, I'm referring to thw cultural aspects that the CAF is again perpetuating.  It's better that SOF remain quiet as we are probably one major incident away from another Somalia Inquiry. 

Back