• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for replies! They are taking 3 UTP-NCM PLT this year... Chances are low but you never know...

Yeah they don't take many....I dont have dwan access while Im at school but I think it was maybe 44 people total across all trades last year and there is little to no variation year to year. Its a tough competition!

sidemount said:
How it was explained to me (i was a MCpl 4 spec 1) is that you dont automatically go to the next higher pay incentive upon promotion to 2Lt/Lt. I was told that I would continue at my current rate of pay until I reached an officer level that was higher.
Since Ill be promoted to Lt and then 3 years later, Capt, I really wont get a pay increase until I hit Capt.
This may be wrong I dont know, just what I was told.
Hopefully a grad of the utpncm program will chime in

How does pay work?

The actual incentive level granted is determined IAW CBI 204.04(3) (b), which is the level and incentive that immediately exceeds their current rate of pay by an amount equal to the difference between the basic rate of pay and the first incentive in their new rank.

Example:

Cpl Smith is appointed OCdt and will continue to be paid at Cpl (4) IAW CBI 204.211 (10); his current rate of pay is $4663/mos; until he graduates from officer training, he will continue to receive annual increases, but no additional incentive increases as he has already reached the maximum; upon graduation, OCdt Smith will be promoted to 2Lt and paid at level D to Table "B" IAW CBI 204.211 (7) (a) (ii); finally, IAW CBI 204.04 (3) (b), pay is calculated as follows (at 2009 rates) -

i. Difference between incentive 1 and basic = $4718 - $4583 = $135
ii. Rate of pay will be no lower than current rate $4663 + $135 = $4798
iii. Rate of pay on promotion is nearest incentive equal to or above $4798 = 2Lt (2) or $4860

jitterbug said:
How does pay work?

The actual incentive level granted is determined IAW CBI 204.04(3) (b), which is the level and incentive that immediately exceeds their current rate of pay by an amount equal to the difference between the basic rate of pay and the first incentive in their new rank.

Example:

Cpl Smith is appointed OCdt and will continue to be paid at Cpl (4) IAW CBI 204.211 (10); his current rate of pay is $4663/mos; until he graduates from officer training, he will continue to receive annual increases, but no additional incentive increases as he has already reached the maximum; upon graduation, OCdt Smith will be promoted to 2Lt and paid at level D to Table "B" IAW CBI 204.211 (7) (a) (ii); finally, IAW CBI 204.04 (3) (b), pay is calculated as follows (at 2009 rates) -

i. Difference between incentive 1 and basic = $4718 - $4583 = $135
ii. Rate of pay will be no lower than current rate $4663 + $135 = $4798
iii. Rate of pay on promotion is nearest incentive equal to or above $4798 = 2Lt (2) or $4860
Awesome explanation! Thanks!
I like that much better then what was told to me haha

So with that, a Mcpl 4 spec 1 would go to Lt(6123), as its base rate - 1st incentive is $200 and Mcpl 4 spec 1 + 200 is just over $6000, and not $5885 like you had originally posted?

Members selected for commissioning retain vested rights under
QR&O 204.07 and 204.072. Normally, candidates will be paid in
accordance with QR&O 204.2112, however, due to the complexity of pay
issues, each case will be determined by Director General Compensation and
Benefits/Director Pay Policy and Development (DGCB/DPPD) prior to a
selection offer being made to ensure the selected pay scale is appropriate.

You may be right if spec pay plays into it.  Unfortunately the QR&Os referenced are no longer in existance.

CANFORGEN 077/15 CMP 038/15 151759Z APR 15
RANK AND PROMOTION UPON COMMISSIONING FOR IN-SERVICE COMMISSIONING PLANS, REGULAR FORCE

See also,

RANK AND PROMOTION UPON COMMISSIONING FOR IN-SERVICE COMMISSIONING PLANS, REGULAR FORCE
http://army.ca/forums/threads/106920/post-1364365#msg1364365

and,

http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/106920/post-1411553.html#msg1411553

Wasn't able to find this elsewhere, but also wasn't totally sure what to search for.

There are several occupations I'm interested in - both NCM and Officer route. I've tried the university thing though and it wasn't really for me, not right now anyway. Is it possible to enter the CAF as an NCM and then later go back to school and become an officer, without releasing first?

ShoddyGunner said:
Wasn't able to find this elsewhere, but also wasn't totally sure what to search for.

You may find these discussions of interest,

NCM to Officer
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+NCM+to+Officer&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=xw-0VsK0J6iC8QeOmZnoCQ&gws_rd=ssl

As always, your most trusted source of information is Recruiting.

ShoddyGunner said:

PAAALEEEEASSE!

This is not the first thread you have started with exactly the same comment.  Mariomike has been kind enough to do your research for you and give you links to the appropriate topics.  Your lack of initiative is wearing thin here.  The members of this site are more than willing to help people, but they tire of people too lazy to do any research on their own.  We are not here to cater to people who have silver spoons in their mouths and can not do anything for themselves.

Learn how to use SEARCH.  Your Googlefu really sucks.

I was using the wrong search terms. I do try searching for things before posting, but clearly haven't been trying enough different combinations of words. I'm not trying to have other people do my research for me, I just figure that if I can't find it and it already exists someone will say so.

However, I do understand I've been inconveniencing people, especially Mariomike, and I'm sorry. I'll do better.

Also, totally forgot about the "site:" function on Google - I think it'll help me find what I'm looking for in the future.

ShoddyGunner said:
Also, totally forgot about the "site:" function on Google - I think it'll help me find what I'm looking for in the future.

You may have just explained mariomike's epic ability to find and provide sources before anyone else...

Perhaps his hegemony is ending...

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that he has the whole Site memorized.

...or he has the lists of repetitive questions, with links bookmarked now.  [:D

I doubt that he's likely to reveal his secrets. If everybody could do this, we'd have to pay him less.

And I've merged several of the links that he provided into one thread - seven pages of most-likely repetitive questions.

Anybody want to start a pool on the date of the next new thread on this subject...?

One word....'Metadata'. That is Mario's secret.

Oh by the way...big up to you Mario. A pint of Guinness and a nice curry is on its way to you.  :salute:

Loachman said:
I doubt that he's likely to reveal his secrets. If everybody could do this, we'd have to pay him less.

And I've merged several of the links that he provided into one thread - seven pages of most-likely repetitive questions.

Anybody want to start a pool on the date of the next new thread on this subject...?

This is for all the UTPNCM hopefulls that have applied for the 2016 year.

What MOC have you appled for?
Have you heard any response yet?
Is this you first year applying to the program?
Any inside information that might help other 2016 hopefuls?

I've applied for nursing and this is my first time applying to the competition.
Not gonna lie pretty stressed waiting for a response from the Universities and Ottawa.
Hopefully my hard work will pay off, fingers crossed

I've applied for PAO. My first application, was described by my BPSO as a strong file. I've been accepted to York in Toronto (closest U to Borden with a Communication Studies degree). The program CANFORGEN stated that messages would be released in March, I don't expect to see one until near the end of the month (if accepted). In the mean time, I got my ILP DL to work on along with my duties as CSM.

A friend of mine who did UT just said to enjoy the ride. The process may be long but worth it...

Last year I didnt get my acceptance until June.
Its a long painful process that is very worth it in the end.
Good luck to you and don't expect to hear anything for some time yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back