• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJP said:
You give the board the name of the desired universities that you wish to go to.  You apply for all of them, register and then defer enrollment into classes.  Other then RMC I have yet to see a UTP candidate go to a university that they didn't themselves list on the application.  There will always be a few issues but magically thousands of people have seemed to make it work.  I like you wish the CAF would get in line with lots of things but I don't get too worked up about it.

I'm sure for a B.A., B.Sc. that may indeed work (although would likely require payment of multiple registration deposits if you register for all the universities to which you are accepted, these are also likely nonrefundable). The other factor is that deferment is at the discretion of the institution, certainly not a right. Yes, it's a potential solution to the problem. It just won't work for everyone in the program.

In Ontario, you apply to schools and then they send you an acceptance through OUAC.
Thats all I did for a fall 2015 semester start. I accepted the offer from Queen's when I got it and sent it off to ottawa. That was back in Feb. Didnt have to pay anything up front so no biggie if I had to later decline.

No, I mean for the people that have sent acceptance messages for their offers. When can they (we) expect a posting message with an effective transfer date?

still no posting message.......i really hope its not August.  Still need to do HHT, sell my current house, and drive for 15 days to Nova Scotia lol. Pretty sure school starts first week of September. 

Yeah, your COS likely will not change but the Report For Duty (RFD) date can be within 30 days of the COS date.

Late to the party, but I received my offer for PSEL on 21 May 2015.  The message was cut on 07 May 2015, my orderly room did not do the best job of getting it to me, I found out through digging and bothering my WPSO. 

I accepted and have not received a posting message as of yet.

Posting message just arrived today, so they are coming if you don't have it already.

Cheers

Still waiting on the message. It turns out that they are working on them but releasing the ones for people who have to move first (makes sense).

Just an FYI to others. I got my posting instructions today. OCdt eff 01 July, posted to university 13 Jul.

277to081 said:
Just an FYI to others. I got my posting instructions today. OCdt eff 01 July, posted to university 13 Jul.

Same here. Got it this morning and am now wearing a thin little blue stripe instead of three chevrons and a leaf.  Cheers to new roads!

Chernoble said:
Same here. Got it this morning and am now wearing a thin little blue stripe instead of three chevrons and a leaf.  Cheers to new roads!

Well! Congratulations! As one of the long tenured members of the UTPNCM forum I am glad for you. You my friend are certainly proof that perseverance pays off.

I am glad to see you get in, I was sad to see that after waiting together for a response in 2013 that you weren't picked up the next year like many of us who didn't make the cut our first year out.

I wanted to publically say thanks for the advice, and that it was about time you had your shot. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back