• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popfly said:
a question for everyone who has received an offer~

IAW CANFORGEN 077/15,

If you were a MCpl would your offer state:

APPOINTMENT TO 2LT; or would it say OCdt no matter which rank you are? Would a Sgt's say APPOINTMENT TO LT?

No, mostly because Officers are commissioned not appointed.

GSK really is lacking.

CafeRacer59 said:
Has anyone received or heard of any offers for AERE

Good day.

I received an offer for AERE. It was sent to my Sqn. OR account on 14-May-2015, and then it passed down through my chain of command a few days ago. I will be attending RMC this fall.

I feel relieved now... It took me a lot of work and dedication, and my CO was very supportive. I'm glad to see that it finally paid off.

Wish you a good luck to all who applied.

Good day:

Thursday morning I recieved my approval to the UTPNCM for Nursing. Im just waiting to sign off on my offer. Good luck on all those still waiting!

So I was told today that due to a Clerical error that not all messages are out yet. Not sure how much truth there is to this though. However, I have yet to see a non-selection message.

Popfly said:
a question for everyone who has received an offer~

IAW CANFORGEN 077/15,

If you were a MCpl would your offer state:

APPOINTMENT TO 2LT; or would it say OCdt no matter which rank you are? Would a Sgt's say APPOINTMENT TO LT?

All officers are commissioned as 2Lt; some receive simultaneous promotion to other ranks.

sidemount said:
So I was told today that due to a Clerical error that not all messages are out yet. Not sure how much truth there is to this though. However, I have yet to see a non-selection message.

If you had to rate this source on a scale of A-F, A being the best and F being the worst.... how would they fare?

C+ ish

I take everything with a grain of salt though, especially since no one has posted an offer here in about a week which makes me think they are in fact all out.

I'd like to believe your source. My optimist side would like to, anyway. My realist side is throwing up his hands in the air. I suppose we're back to, "Wait and see."

Castus said:
I'd like to believe your source. My optimist side would like to, anyway. My realist side is throwing up his hands in the air. I suppose we're back to, "Wait and see."

This guy has also given up and started thinking about how to improve my application for next year.  As much as I realize that clerical errors do exist, how hard can it really be.

Same boat.

Ive pretty well started to plan for what I want to do this coming year....not sure if I am going to re-apply or try something different. My CoC has mentioned CFR but they are all changing so we will see after the summer.

A question for previous UTP selectees:

If you get selected for a Civy University that is quite far away from your residence and your local base (45 min drive in my case), are you also entitled to any kind of commuting assistance, or even a move if it is more than 40km away?

I have not been assigned a ULO yet so am posing the question here as it will help me determine how I distribute my classes throughout the week (trying to save on fuel).

So I just received an offer for RCEME officer.....at the end of a 22km ruck no less.

sidemount said:
So I just received an offer for RCEME officer.....at the end of a 22km ruck no less.

Can I ask what the date time group was on your message?

Just wondering if it was a recent release.

I havent seen the paperwork yet however my csm said it showed up during the march and the CO told me when we got back so Im assuming it would be today....they have been checking all the time on my behalf

It is unfortunately really late in the year for offers as many universities have a deadline of June 1st for accepting offers.

Agreed, this is VERY late in the game.  Still no posting message for accepted offers yet. 

wolot said:
It is unfortunately really late in the year for offers as many universities have a deadline of June 1st for accepting offers.

That is why you enroll in the university for the spring/summer sessions and then defer your enrollment into crses until the fall.  Thousands of people have done UTPNCM with the same message time frame and they have made it to school that fall.  Folks need to remember they are entering into an officer production program and need to use a bit of ingenuity to get around issues. 

MJP said:
That is why you enroll in the university for the spring/summer sessions and then defer your enrollment into crses until the fall.  Thousands of people have done UTPNCM with the same message time frame and they have made it to school that fall.  Folks need to remember they are entering into an officer production program and need to use a bit of ingenuity to get around issues.

The boards held for the UTP program decide where you will be going to university, not the CF member. How can one enroll in a university without an offer with a specified school? It may work out if you have a substantial portion of your degree complete, live in the same geographic area as your preferred institution etc... but it may not (the CF may send you somewhere else based on other factors you are unaware of). Also several trades require professional degree programs (i.e B.Eng. or B.Nurs.), where the only option is a fall start date with the specified deadline. The CF is using the civilian educational system to support officer production, they should get in line.

Flatspin said:
The boards held for the UTP program decide where you will be going to university, not the CF member. How can one enroll in a university without an offer with a specified school? It may work out if you have a substantial portion of your degree complete, live in the same geographic area as your preferred institution etc... but it may not (the CF may send you somewhere else based on other factors you are unaware of). Also several trades require professional degree programs (i.e B.Eng. or B.Nurs.), where the only option is a fall start date with the specified deadline. The CF is using the civilian educational system to support officer production, they should get in line.

You give the board the name of the desired universities that you wish to go to.  You apply for all of them, register and then defer enrollment into classes.  Other then RMC I have yet to see a UTP candidate go to a university that they didn't themselves list on the application.  There will always be a few issues but magically thousands of people have seemed to make it work.  I like you wish the CAF would get in line with lots of things but I don't get too worked up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back