• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Uniforms at RMC

Calgone

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, What I would like to know is what's the day to day uniform is at RMC?

All I could find online is that the cadets at RMC are required to wear a uniform. However the only images I found are of the Scarlet uniforms which I assume are for formal events.

As well if an Officer Cadet or Naval Cadet wanted to, would they be able to wear CadetPAT? The ripoff of MARPAT.

Calgone said:
Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, What I would like to know is what's the day to day uniform is at RMC?

All I could find online is that the cadets at RMC are required to wear a uniform. However the only images I found are of the Scarlet uniforms which I assume are for formal events.

As well if an Officer Cadet or Naval Cadet wanted to, would they be able to wear CadetPAT? The ripoff of MARPAT.
The day to day dress at RMC for the current year is what is called 3Bs, which is a pair of wool pants, a short sleeve shirt and depending on the season, a sweater. Next year, a new College dress uniform will be adopted for day to day wear. Furthermore, you would not be permitted to wear CadetPAT. As a member of the CF, you would only be permitted to wear CADPAT as it is the only authorized combat uniform of the Canadian Forces.

I have searched the "3Bs" online and found no images.
Just so I can try put an image in my head, is it more like a private school uniform or a military uniform?

Calgone said:
Just so I can try put an image in my head, is it more like a private school uniform or a military uniform?

It is the Military Uniform of the Canadian Forces.  It would be DEU, (Distinctive Environmental Uniform) in a "Order of Dress" called "3B"; which was as Big Foot described above.

Big Foot said:
Next year, a new College dress uniform will be adopted for day to day wear.

Just out of curiosity, what's the new uniform going to be?

Dimsum said:
Just out of curiosity, what's the new uniform going to be?

From a friend of mine who sat on a committee evaluating the new uniform:

Black Pants with Red Stripe (similar to 4s pants, maybe they will even use the 4s pants).
White, short sleeve shirt.
Black jacket similar to the "Canex" jacket with two crest: one RMC crest and one squadron crest.
Either a black with red strip Kepi (wedge) or black with red band Forge Cap.

Can anyone confirm this?

Calgone said:

Why would any self-respecting O/NCdt want to wear CadetPAT?

Why would any self-respecting cadet want to wear CadetPAT?

I don't know why one would choose to wear CadetPAT, it was more of a hypothetical question.

Calgone said:

If you found a picture would you mind posting a link?

For those of you who have been asking, this is the standard CF 3B uniform with the RMC brassard on the left sleeve.

Big Foot said:
For those of you who have been asking, this is the standard CF 3B uniform with the RMC brassard on the left sleeve.

BF that shirt's WAY too big on you LOL  ;D

Yeah thanks for the picture BF. It was not what I had pictured.

Another question though, at any point in time do the cadets at RMC wear CADPAT?

MedTech said:
BF that shirt's WAY too big on you LOL  ;D

Ugh, don't get me started on those shirts. 1/2 Inch too small in the neck, swimmin' in the rest.

benny88 said:
   Ugh, don't get me started on those shirts. 1/2 Inch too small in the neck, swimmin' in the rest.

That shirt is horrible.  Besides the bad cut and cheap material is that nasty colour.  We (the Army) need a much sharper uniform.

Agreed! The US Army shirts looks pretty sharp ;D they look pretty similar too!

Back