• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Uniform/Badges upon OT effective date

Ron2112 said:
Anyone know what the deal is going from Navy to ATIS? I'm thinking general Air Force cap badge.

The Jimmy, and Eye is correct with the Trade badge, if you are 3s qualified/PLAR/Granted yes, take it to the tailors and have it sewn on,
if you are not granted 3s, (states in the OT instruction message, ) DO not get it sewn on

At CFSCE for QL3 ATIS, you show up with the Jimmy Cap Badge and and good to go, until such time as your staff tells you to have that trade badge sewn onto your DEUs dont.

Crispy Bacon said:
You need to show up to RMS Clk QL3 with the Log cap badge. The other accoutrements (Log Branch shoulder flashes, etc) are issued once completing QL3.

So is my jacket stripped of all accoutrements but wear the new beret w/ cap badge?  ???    A little confusing all the different bits I'm gathering.

ryanski said:
So is my jacket stripped of all accoutrements but wear the new beret w/ cap badge?  ???    A little confusing all the different bits I'm gathering.

Yes this makes little sense to me too, having an OT wear the new badge with CADPAT workdress, but then wear his old uniform when in DEU seems stupid.  It should be all new or all old.  But this is the CFLTC(aka CFSAL).....

Old EO Tech said:
Yes this makes little sense to me too, having an OT wear the new badge with CADPAT workdress, but then wear his old uniform when in DEU seems stupid.  It should be all new or all old.  But this is the CFLTC(aka CFSAL).....

And as every Trade is different in how they interpret these things, it is always best to ask your DS these questions, not ask a vague question on the internet.  Did the OP even mention what Trades (s)he was moving between?

I didn't,  but as Eye In the Sky's detective work stated;

A quick look thru the OP's post history shows he is OT'ing from ACISS to RMS Clerk.  Any RMS / Log branch types know the answer on this one?

This is indeed true.  At the time of my question I did not realize it was trade specific.

ryanski said:
I didn't,  but as Eye In the Sky's detective work stated;

A quick look thru the OP's post history shows he is OT'ing from ACISS to RMS Clerk.  Any RMS / Log branch types know the answer on this one?

This is indeed true.  At the time of my question I did not realize it was trade specific.

RMS Clerk is a PURPLE Trade.  You do not have to change DEU.  For the badges/accouterments that you should wear at the School....use your head and ask the School.  What one course may have done last year, or several years ago, may not be what your course will do.

Eye In The Sky said:
Safe guess the OP can find it all in the JIs on the DIN CFLTC site?

Try this.  IIRC, the info on this used to be detailed in the RMS QL3 Joining Instructions or somewhere like that. 

Thanks for the "use your head/read the joining instructions" comments,  however,  as I do not have a course date yet,  I was wondering what my dress would be for the duration of my OJE until I get a course message.  I will ask the BPSS section on the 16th.

Thanks.

edit: didn't mean to sound like an arrogant dick.

Bah, don't worry about it. 

If this helps, look at your VOT Instruction message.  It says that on the effective date, you are now RMS Clerk, and likely says QL0 (mine did).  You will no longer be ACISS eff that date, you will be a QL0 RMS Clerk.  If you don't get any conflicting direction, you would be in the right to wear the Log capbadge vice Jimmy.

Enjoy your "posting slump"  8).

Awesome, thanks.  Great document btw (although I didn't quite get the full 2 months of slumping in :()

Back