• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Is that 5 of 7?

Extreme left on the top row seems to be intact and in situ. Extreme left on the bottom row I think is intact but displaced to the left.
If it opens the route up, 2 out of the way that can be picked up after the fact isn't that bad of a day.

Saves an EOD team having to be on the X while Ivan is watching.

Skysix

Reaction score
You never needed EOD for land mines.
You never needed EOD for land mines.
Unless they are booby trapped. Which with a hasty obstacle like that it would be careless not to. So EOD or suitably experienced sappers. But after the pressure wave any anti lift or other traps now are no threat so yes, they can be moved aside by grunts for the UKR-TDF to later defuse and repurpose against the LPR/DPR/SU2.0

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
In a pinch, I don’t see why any pioneer section couldn’t BIP that, or explode a breach through. Even on my basic demo course we learned how to BIP dud grenades. B-GL-381 might not wholly approve, but in the midst of an actual war, I don’t see an issue with chaining up some detonator-sensitized det cord, half blocks of C4, and some time fuse and exploding the fuck out of it.

RedFive

Subscriber
Reaction score
In a pinch, I don’t see why any pioneer section couldn’t BIP that, or explode a breach through. Even on my basic demo course we learned how to BIP dud grenades. B-GL-381 might not wholly approve, but in the midst of an actual war, I don’t see an issue with chaining up some detonator-sensitized det cord, half blocks of C4, and some time fuse and exploding the fuck out of it.
Is "exploding the fuck out of it" the technical term from B-GL-381? Asking for a friend.... :ROFLMAO:

FJAG

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score

TacticalTea

Reaction score
Reiterating what Gen Leslie said previously. Send the tanks and LAVs.

And yet, I still find people in the Forces who think - after four months - that there's ''no place'', ''no time'' to train them on Canadian equipment that is simultaneously ''too decrepit'' yet ''indispensable to Canada's defense''.

Double speak, excuses, and mediocrity seem to have pervaded the minds of even our own ''warfighters''.

Last edited:

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score

And yet, I still find people in the Forces who think - after four months - that there's ''no place'', ''no time'' to train them on Canadian equipment that is simultaneously ''too decrepit'' yet ''indispensable to Canada's defense''.

Double speak, excuses, and mediocrity seem to have pervaded the minds of even our own ''warfighters''.
If GD ramped up production, and was allowed to build LAVs in it's US facilities for us too, I suspect they could replace our vehicles rather quickly.

I am saddened we aren't send the last few coyotes to referb and then Ukraine, the surveillance suites would be very useful to them.

GR66

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

I suggested some time ago that we should send Ukraine all our M777s and begin training them on our LAVs.

I believe I read that one of the reasons that modern tanks weren't being shipped there was because there was some kind of agreement by NATO members not to do so. So instead I suggested we give our Leopards to Poland so they can ship Ukraine more of the Russian models they have in stock.

I'll reiterate what I said then. Our weapons and equipment do nothing to deter Russia while they are sitting in Canada. While Russia is tied up in Ukraine they don't have the strength to simultaneously launch a new attack against NATO so our military hardware equally has no real deterrent effect sitting in Latvia either. The only way right now for our artillery, LAVs and tanks can actually achieve the goal of deterring a militarily aggressive Russia is to give it to Ukraine so they can more effectively fight Russia on NATO's behalf. Give them our equipment and purchase heavier replacement equipment from the US to replace it (M109's, Abrams and eventually Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicles.

$0.02