• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
@Soldier35 Do you have any footage of explosions from Russian soldiers using a TOS-1 Thermobaric system on their own colleagues?

Okay I know the humour is dark asf…buuuttt… 😈😂

But did anybody else chuckle at the Ukranian letter supporting the Russian actions against their own?

Specifically the part about the use of flamethrowers, and the tradition of cooking kabobs in May?

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Finland just signed a security pact with the UK... I assume this is an 'appetizer' to full NATO membership:

Finnish President tells Russia 'You caused this' as he signs security pact with UK​

The President of Finland, Sauli Niinistö has told a news conference in Helsinki that Russia's invasion of Ukraine "changed the picture" on the country's security. In a message to Russia he said, "you caused this - look at the mirror". Mr Niinistö was speaking after he signed a joined security pact with Boris Johnson. For the latest developments: https://qrcode.skynews.com/skynews/uk...

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
... Bold, coloured: the interesting part is that the regular AFU is not mentioned.
Hypothesis #1: Unregimented, irregular forces are more likely to record and publish their (occasionally illicit) activities.
Hypothesis #2: Unregimented, irregular forces are more likely to engage in behaviour that flouts the laws of armed conflict ...
Well, to be entirely fair to the Territorials, UKR mil intelligence shared a memo to soldiers early on (Google Translation attached) about 3 weeks or so into the latest invasion reminding troops that killing prisoners was not on, so someone in system was thinking, "ya know, this (could get/is getting) pretty ugly".

Or it could also be a case of this ....
when-you-are-the-reason-for-the-safety-briefing.jpg

Attachments

• gur-gov-ua.translate.goog--5.pdf
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Kirkhill

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

Kirkhill

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score

Oh sure... but when my troops did the same thing on Salisbury Plain all I got was extras ;)

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Oh sure... but when my troops did the same thing on Salisbury Plain all I got was extras ;)

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons
Be thankful it was just that. Digging cable trenches in Poland, we may or may not have caused a UXO scare when we hit an old German CBRN kit with an iodine pack. Looks a bit like VX after 70 years. Ruffled a few feathers....