• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

We have heavy artillery to donate?? 😕
At least allegedly ....

Meanwhile, gettin' stuff to them the long-ish way around

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

Attachments

• April.14.2022.UCC-letter-to-Minister-Anand-re-Ukraine-military-aid.pdf
    155.4 KB · Views: 1

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
I agree, 32k value add bodies.
Purple hair being the metric used for value added 🤣

We have heavy artillery to donate?? 😕
"Heavy Artillery"

I wouldn't call a towed howitzer that can be slingloaded by a helicopter heavy but we are pretty creative with our definitions these days.

Just like we have a "Battlegroup" in Latvia 😂

Austin Powers Movie GIF

Underway

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
155mm is "heavy" artillery by weight of shot (oh I went all Nelson with that statement) not by the weight of the gun itself. It's the largest standard NATO ordinance. What else would you call it? Besides, it's a politician going for a soundbite. Being pedantic would lose the headline.

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
155mm is "heavy" artillery by weight of shot (oh I went all Nelson with that statement) not by the weight of the gun itself. It's the largest standard NATO ordinance. What else would you call it? Besides, it's a politician going for a soundbite. Being pedantic would lose the headline.
Since the old 175mm and 203mm stuff was withdrawn, the only Heavy Arty in NATO is Rocket Arty - but I agree saying Medium Arty loses the sound bite...

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
You done did good. 😉

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
You haven't figured it out yet 😉 I am pedantic 😄

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I wouldn't call a towed howitzer that can be slingloaded by a helicopter heavy but we are pretty creative with our definitions these days.
The irony is that it’s a ‘medium’ (by NATO defn) helicopter (Ch-47 Chinook) that slings an M777, but every reasonable person calls a Chinook a heavy-lift helicopter, even though by NATO’s defn, only the Mi-26 Halo and C/MH-53 Sea/Super/King Stallion are “heavy”…heck, even a Black Hawk fits into the ‘medium’ category… 🤢

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Russian assault units are leaving Mariupol, multiple sources report this. A small part of the Russian units remains to block the Azovstal plant, the rest are transferred to other sectors of the Ukrainian front to develop an offensive there. Where the troops are going is unknown, perhaps Kharkov, Nikolaev or Kherson.

1650552631702.gif

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
Russian assault units are leaving Mariupol, multiple sources report this. A small part of the Russian units remains to block the Azovstal plant, the rest are transferred to other sectors of the Ukrainian front to develop an offensive there. Where the troops are going is unknown, perhaps Kharkov, Nikolaev or Kherson.

So how long will it take you to run away and queue WMD usage in Mariupol?

Kirkhill

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

I counted 4 or 5 BMP2s and 1 or 2 BMP3s. Is that all that could be salvaged?