• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I was referring to the suggestion a P-8 or AWACS was doing the direct OTHT piece; Lumber covered a plausible scenario that covers that. 🙂
I know. I was perhaps too discretely making a note between committing an overt act, and supporting others through 3rd party information passage.

A P-8 or AWACS would be no different than precisely what FORTE10 & 11 feeding OTH RMP filtered/declassified to UAF have been doing for the last few weeks…or even MAXAR to be honest…or who knows, MDA and RADARSAT2 ISAR data…

Spencer100

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
It’s late and all that but, that sure sounds like a Hostile Act to me by NATO/a NATO country against forces of another country?
NATO has been feeding data to Ukrainians from the start. GB and GB of targeting data has been sent. Even Canada is supplying radar sat data, it was reported as part of the package we sent.

I would eat my shoe if there were not NATO people on the ground in Ukraine. Some just newly "retired" some just there. It also has been reported Academy (old Blackwater) is there. Etc.

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Every weapon we’ve sent or bit of intelligence we’ve shared is a ‘hostile act’ to some lesser or greater extent. I’m sure there has been intelligence provided directly already that has led to Russian deaths and loss of equipment. This one is just a particularly noteworthy hit.

If, hypothetically, NATO did facilitate a kill on this, good. This is a very reasonable, proportionate, and discriminate hit. It’s both a symbolic blow and a real, tangible, military one. Keep knocking down major combat capabilities. If Russia doesn’t like it, too fucking bad. They launched this war of aggression; they chose to enter and choose every hour to remain in the war they’re losing. They can choose at any point to withdraw from Ukraine. They will probably find a strong correlation between no longer invading a sovereign nation and ally of the West, and no longer having their military curb stomped.

I’m going to have to disagree; I am thinking of the shooter/spotter perspective of having trained to a certain extent as the spotter in a situation like this. OTHT is active,with intent and…at risk of crossing lines late at night I’ll leave my comments there.

Lumber proceed a very likely scenario where the active Spotter was Ukrainian.

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
If this is exactly how this played out, I am going to seriously be like this for a day or two:

Andy Cohen Wtf GIF by loveconnectionfox

In my world, we call these things “big shooters”. If this went down with a single or even 2 ASMs…nice.

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Sunk?

No Lloyd's Open Form opportunity, then.
Last OSINT update I heard about 6pm MST, she had capsized and was going down. Neptune's are apparently sea skimming missiles and avoided the ships air defense. Thing to remember, this ship was built in Ukraine, a 4th ship of the class is rotting in Mikolaiv. They knew exactly where to hit to damage the magazine of the ship. I'd call it a successful combat debut for the Neptune.

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Meanwhile, "human trafficking" can be such a harsh term ...
This from the Kremlin info-machine last week (archived link) ....
On April 6–7, Presidential Commissioner for Children's Rights Maria Lvova-Belova visited the Donetsk (DPR) and Lugansk (LPR) people’s republics. She discussed issues pertaining to children’s aid with the republics’ heads ... The purpose of Maria Lvova-Belova’s two-day working visit was to organise targeted humanitarian aid for families with children in the DPR and the LPR, treatment for those wounded in the conflict zone, and rehabilitation for orphans. She discussed placing orphans and children without parental care, evacuated to the territory of the Russian Federation, in Russian families. Work is underway to implement earlier instructions issued by the President to simplify the existing legal mechanisms ...

suffolkowner

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
So honestly the whole thing sounds pretty simple from Lumbers explanation. Were pretty confident that Ukraine has been getting help from the Uk and US in particular on land so why not on the sea or as stated via TB2. Realistically the Russian Navy is nowhere in as good a shape as the Russian Army and we have seen our own NATO navies do things like hit civilian freighters and worse in non combat scenarios. I think it is wrong to expect better performance from the Russians. Likely that much work has been put into finishing the Neptune and equally likely that while this might have been the first success it doesnt necessarily follow that it was the first attempt

What defences would the ship have had against sea skimming missiles?

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Guys, guys, guys - @Soldier35 may have something more recent ...
18 minutes later ....
Ammunition exploded on the missile cruiser "Moscow". According to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, due to a fire on the missile cruiser "Moscow", a detonation of ammunition occurred, the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet was seriously damaged. Now the ship is afloat, the fire has been extinguished, the explosions of ammunition have stopped. The missile cruiser "Moscow" is planned to be towed to the port ...
Funny, that ....