• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UK Police foil planned 2014 Armistice Day terror attack(s)

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Well done Scotland Yard.

Brits foil suspected Remembrance Day terror plot against Queen
CTV News
08 Nov 2014

London police staged a series of overnight raids on Thursday to quash a suspected Remembrance Day terror plot that may have involved an attack on the Queen, according to British reports.

Scotland Yard remained on high alert Saturday after four men were arrested on suspicion of “Islamist-related terrorism,” police said. Authorities suspect the alleged terror plot may have been linked to Remembrance Sunday plans involving Queen Elizabeth II and the Royal Family.

Four men between the ages of 19 and 27 were arrested in the London-area raids. They are being held on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

The arrests come amid growing concern in the U.K. that homegrown extremists might return from fighting with the Islamic State to commit acts of terrorism on British soil.

The lone gunman attack on Parliament Hill in Ottawa last month has also triggered renewed fears of a similar anti-military attack in the U.K.

In August, the U.K. raised its terror alert level to the second-highest on its scale, from “substantial” to “severe.” Officials have beefed up security in London ahead of Sunday’s Remembrance Day ceremonies, which typically involve the Queen laying a wreath at the cenotaph.

Britain honours its fallen soldiers each year on the second Sunday of November, called Remembrance Sunday. The Queen and the Royal Family are still scheduled take part in the annual ceremony.

British citizens mark Nov. 11 as Armistice Day, the anniversary of the end of hostilities during the First World War in 1918.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/brits-foil-suspected-remembrance-day-terror-plot-against-queen-1.2093360

I wouldnt celebrate just yet as I doubt the police have caught all of the bad actors.Her Majesty will continue with her duties particularly on the 11th which continues to make her a target.

tomahawk6 said:
I wouldnt celebrate just yet as I doubt the police have caught all of the bad actors.Her Majesty will continue with her duties particularly on the 11th which continues to make her a target.

The way things have been going lately we're all a target.  Given the years of IRA problems in the UK I'm sure something like this is all to well known to Her Majesty. 

Schindler's Lift said:
The way things have been going lately we're all a target.  Given the years of IRA problems in the UK I'm sure something like this is all to well known to Her Majesty.

Even the IRA may not like ISIS.....or whatever name theses b@st@rds are going by now.

Britain honours its fallen soldiers each year on the second Sunday of November, called Remembrance Sunday.

My understanding is that the Brits honour Remembrance Day the Sunday before Nov 11, not the second Sunday of the month as stated above.

Back