• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UAV version of the F-35? Oh, yeah!

thunderchild

Inactive
Reaction score
I read that the f-35 is being built as a unmanned combat areal vehicle??  something like the french neuron?

The F-35 will have a pilot......

Theres a thing called research, how about trying it once in a while? Like this.

The single-engine, single-seat F-35 will be manufactured in three versions

Having a seat usually means a pilot, don't you think?

Beav

I know that the f-35 A,B,C will have a piolt but I was reading that it may also be built as a unmanned combat areial vehicle can anbody confirm this or was it just mor wiki bs.

thunderchild said:
I know that the f-35 A,B,C will have a piolt but I was reading that it may also be built as a unmanned combat areial vehicle can anbody confirm this or was it just mor wiki bs.
I would only take most things on Wiki with a grain of salt, and check out more factual sites.

Beav

I found an article stating that the F-35 has alwas been considered for a UCAV production as well as the X-45 here is the adress
WWW Navlog.org/unmanned_f35.html

Interweb aviation wonderchild is still going eh ?

Why yes he is.

thunderchild said:

......and using Wikipedia as an A1 Source.    ::)

actually I avoided that site exactly for this reason, I only offer the information I read take it as you wish just trying to prove my point.

thunderchild said:
actually I avoided that site exactly for this reason, I only offer the information I read take it as you wish just trying to prove my point.

Providing information from non-credible source WON'T prove your point.  It just confirms my thought that you don't really know what you're talking about and you're taking sources left, right and center to look like you know something about the subject.

You are right I don't Know anything about this subject only what I have read if I'm wrong.

Okay I think this can be locked now before it gets out of hand.

Beav

Then go read some more from reputable sources, read the news, take a bit of time to educate yourself on the subjects you want to discuss THEN come back here prepared to back up your points....

Old news, but to those looking for better sources you can read a little here http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/15/AR2006081501288.html . There was also an AP press release but I can not find it at the moment.

ark, I think most of us know there were talks about a unmanned F-35, however, that "news" is more than 2 years old.  I think it's dead and burried.  A lot of the systems onboard a fighter are there to support the pilot (ejection seat, environmental systems, HUD, MPDs, space).  It just doesn't make sense to use a manned aircraft as an unmanned aircraft since you can save tons of weight and space by removing the pilot.  If you use a manned airplane, you loose that advantage.

SupersonicMax said:
ark, I think most of us know there were talks about a unmanned F-35, however, that "news" is more than 2 years old.  I think it's dead and burried.  A lot of the systems onboard a fighter are there to support the pilot (ejection seat, environmental systems, HUD, MPDs, space).  It just doesn't make sense to use a manned aircraft as an unmanned aircraft since you can save tons of weight and space by removing the pilot.  If you use a manned airplane, you loose that advantage.

I am not going to argue if it is a good or bad idea. Just wanted to post a source that this is something being (or has been) evaluated.

Back