• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UAE drops visa requirement for Canadians

The_Falcon

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Considering where I work, this is awesome news.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/visa-spat-with-canada-settled-over-a-double-double-at-tim-hortons-in-uae/article10664727/

And those Double Doubles at UAE Tim's are friggen expensive. 

Great news indeed, as I am also in and out of Dubai in my travels.

Cheers
Pop

Did the Government finally allow them to start operating into every Canadian airport with a super jumbo 10x daily?  :p 

skyhigh10 said:
Did the Government finally allow them to start operating into every Canadian airport with a super jumbo 10x daily?  :p

I guess you didn't bother to read the link.

Hatchet Man said:
I guess you didn't bother to read the link.

I actually did. My message was facetious ...    a joke if you will.

Have a nice day.

Straight from the UAE Embassy in Ottawa, the new visa-less rules take effect on 1 June.

http://www.uae-embassy.ae/embassies/ca/content/2117

The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates is pleased to announce that beginning June 1st, 2013, the Government of the United Arab Emirates will be restoring the previous visit entry requirements to the UAE, whereby regular Canadian passport holders will not require a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Canadian passport holders will be granted entry free of charge to the UAE with their visit arrival stamp, again, issued upon arrival in the UAE. No application in advance of travel is necessary. Please know that the Canadian passport will be stamped for 30 days upon arrival.

If further stay is required, an application for an extension should be made to the local General Directorate of Residence and Foreign Affairs three days prior to the expiry date.

Canadian diplomatic and special passport holders will require a visa to visit the UAE.

Back