• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't know that NPR and NYT pull hard for the progressive/Democratic side, you don't understand US politics.

Brad Sallows said:
If you don't know that NPR and NYT pull hard for the progressive/Democratic side, you don't understand US politics.

And you don't know NPR.

Well, looks like Trump was right (again) about being wire tapped. 

Will this slow motion train wreck ever end? 

>And you don't know NPR.

I know it well enough, and have read enough left-leaning commentators who agree it leans left to conclude that it leans left - not far left, but left nonetheless.  Maybe the presence of the icons of left-leaning agencies slightly left of the centre line is deliberate.  But in that case I'd expect CNN to be further left, not straddling the true centre.

Anyways, as for the author.  Apparently: here.

QV said:
Well, looks like Trump was right (again) about being wire tapped. 

Will this slow motion train wreck ever end?

And it looks like (again) that those on the trump train don't have very high levels of reading comprehension.

Did you even read the various articles?

First, lets state Trump's claim:

1. His phones were wire tapped;
2. The wire tap was conducted during the election;
3. The wire tap was ordered by then-President Obama.

Now, let's look at what the articles actually tell us:

1. That the surveillance being conducted was not being conducted against Trump, or anyone in Trumps team. Rather, it was being conducted against foreign targets;
2. Any communications from or regarding trump that were collected were completely incidental. (Perhaps they were wiretapping the phone of a Russian national, who received a phone call from Trump...);
3. That this surveillance began and was being conducted AFTER the election; and
4. That this surveillance was being conducted under the authority of a legally issued FISA warrant.

The comments by Nunes do not appear to support Trump's claims, debunked by FBI Director James Comey, that he was wiretapped by his predecessor President Barack Obama. Rather, they appear to relate to conversations between Trump or associates and people who were targeted by FISA warrants -- that Nunes said did not appear to be illegal.

So, NO, Trump was not right. This is completely unrelated event that confirms nothing that Trump said.

Hey now, no need to be nasty. 

Trump is not precise in the words he chooses though I wish he was because it would alleviate much headache. 

Trump stated he was wire tapped by Obama - which IMHO many people take to mean that while Obama was president Trump or his team were surveilled in some fashion. Whether directly, indirectly, legal or not.  With the latest news reports Trump appears to be correct.  Trump and/or his team's private communications were recorded by the state and they appeared in some sort of intel report. 

So Obama's NSA "wire tapped" Merkel.  Obama's IRS targeted outspoken conservatives for audit.  Is it really that hard to believe Trump may have been inappropriately surveilled before the election? 

Trump's detractors have an easy job: the literal interpretation of almost everything he tweets and much of which he says extemporaneously is demonstrably false.  Most people understand that Obama had not the power to directly order a wiretap on any of Trump's phones.

But those interpreting Trump's remarks more loosely have a case that someone should answer to.  How did "incidentally" intercepted information - including the identity of some of the "incidental" participants - find its way into the media during and after a controversial election?  Who gave the policy direction which set in motion the sharing of information, and who leaked it beyond the agencies authorized to share it?

Obama changed E.O. 12333 shortly before he left office to allow the dissemination of unscrubbed gathered intelligence. There are many rules in this E.O. to still protect the identity of US citizens with any requesting agencies scrubbing the info. So the NSA collects the SIGINT and another agency makes the case they need unscrubbed data to conduct an investigation. According to Adm Rogers in his testimony to congress on Monday there are 20 persons authorized to disseminate the raw SIGINT to requesting agencies. I guess there would be a paper trail so they can track down if any agencies received raw SIGINT specifically about Gen Flynn. And for other cases as well.

https://icontherecord.tumblr.com/post/155766682978/fact-sheet-on-eo-12333-raw-sigint-availability

We now see what new info Nunez took to Trump yesterday. A whistle blower came forward with 47 hard drives of recordings done under the Obama administration. Meanwhile the former Prez is soaking up the sun in Fiji.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03/intelligence-expert-obama-committed-surveillance-crimes-jailed-video/

http://www.ibtimes.com/where-michelle-obama-barack-obama-french-polynesia-monthlong-stay-without-wife-2509409

tomahawk6 said:
We now see what new info Nunez took to Trump yesterday. A whistle blower came forward with 47 hard drives of recordings done under the Obama administration. Meanwhile the former Prez is soaking up the sun in Fiji.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03/intelligence-expert-obama-committed-surveillance-crimes-jailed-video/

http://www.ibtimes.com/where-michelle-obama-barack-obama-french-polynesia-monthlong-stay-without-wife-2509409

First One = Fake News.

Second One = So what? He's a private citizen on vacation.

Lumber said:
Second One = So what? He's a private citizen on vacation.

Obama is just a one percenter now keeping his distance from the riff raff.  >:D

I guess the GOP just found out that health care reform is hard.

It's like they've been asleep for the last 8 years.

cupper said:
:facepalm:

He's filthy rich and doesn't have a job. Staying in a fancy resort that costs from $2000 to $12000 a night he in not going to to run into any of the little people.  In case you ask, yes, I am jealous, big time.

I'm reading Obama was one of the top US Firearms salesmen ever. Record purchases with him in office. I'm reading now that with Trump in firearm purchases have dropped considerably (aside from the left strangely increasing their firearm and ammo purchases).  Good news for us as some firearm companies are lowing their MSRP to try and pick up sales.  :evilrifle:

If I were mining for Milpoints i would frequent this thread and take a Contra-Trump stance. Seems you can get scads of points for the just about any post just as long as it is a dig at Trump or his side.  >:D

kkwd said:
If I were mining for Milpoints i would frequent this thread and take a Contra-Trump stance. Seems you can get scads of points for the just about any post just as long as it is a dig at Trump or his side.  >:D

I think it's more about being accurate and non biased.  If someone points out the fallacy in Trump's line of thinking/tweeting, it doesn't mean he's anti trump.  Maybe he's just pro fact.  Facts are something this administration seem to be loose with.

Remius said:
I think it's more about being accurate and non biased.  If someone points out the fallacy in Trump's line of thinking/tweeting, it doesn't mean he's anti trump.  Maybe he's just pro fact.  Facts are something this administration seem to be loose with.

I see, so "those" media reports have more truthiness that "those other" media reports. Anyway, Milpoints have nothing to do with accuracy. They are equivalent to a Facebook "Like". It simply means you like the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back