• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know the organization or person responsible for making that chart. Was it a reputable source or somebody with a graphics program in their basement just having a laugh at gullible persons. I can't seem to find the originators of that chart.

;D

mariomike said:

C1gOsVwXUAUG78f.jpg

kkwd said:
I would like to know the organization or person responsible for making that chart. Was it a reputable source or somebody with a graphics program in their basement just having a laugh at gullible persons. I can't seem to find the originators of that chart.

The beauty of the chart is it illustrates my point about using aggregators like Instapundit. Glenn Reynolds will link to almost any of these sources when an interesting (to him) topic arises, and his readers can follow the links and get differing perspectives on many of the topics at hand. Mind you, clicking on multiple links within one of the shaded areas won't provide much diversity of opinion, but choosing to go across multiple circles, ovals etc. does provide a much broader and greater diversity of opinion, multiple sources and wider perspective.

Lumber said:
And I predict this will be the only time or place I ever hear about this story.

Let's touch base again in the morning!

And so far all I've seen is stories like these:

Comey delivers blow to Trump credibility
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/politics/comey-hearing-russia-wiretapping/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/20/white-house-stands-ground-after-russia-probe-confirmed-says-no-collusion.html

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Trump Russia claims: FBI's Comey confirms investigation of election 'interference' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39324587

Fox news has benched Judge Napolitano over his claim that British intel provided NSA with voice recordings.He had claimed to have 3 sources.I am a bit surprised by this as the judge in the past has been very credible.

tomahawk6 said:
Fox news has benched Judge Napolitano over his claim that British intel provided NSA with voice recordings.  He had claimed to have 3 sources.  I am a bit surprised by this as the judge in the past has been very credible.
Like he has been with 9-11;)
Meanwhile, an interesting take on what Comey said - and didn't say - at the Lawfare blog here - an excerpt:
... One of the only good pieces of news for Trump in this testimony is Comey's formulation of the investigation he announced as a counterintelligence investigation, not a criminal investigation. This little-understood distinction is actually important. A criminal investigation is designed to suss out whether a crime was committed and needs to be prosecuted, who is guilty of it, and whether the evidence would support a conviction. A counterintelligence investigation, by contrast, is designed to respond to foreign espionage against the United States. The goal is not necessarily to prosecute but to figure out what kind of steps may need to be taken to prevent whatever harm is threatened. Most counterintelligence investigations don't result in criminal charges; they might result instead in long-term monitoring of foreign actors, cyberdefense activities, or even diplomatic moves. So when Comey says this is a counterintelligence investigation, not a criminal investigation, he is flagging that prosecuting anyone, let alone the President, may not be his top priority.

All of which makes his apparently gratuitous inclusion of a criminal element in describing the investigation curious. As Comey notes, the criminal component of this investigation is actually always there: "As with any counterintelligence investigation," he said, "this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed." The criminal element is always there there because criminal process is an inherent feature of any investigation that involves activities—like hacking and spying—that implicate federal criminal laws ...

tomahawk6 said:
Fox news has benched Judge Napolitano over his claim that British intel provided NSA with voice recordings. He had claimed to have 3 sources. I am a bit surprised by this as the judge in the past has been very credible.
Fox obviously yanked him for claiming that there were sources;  it's a slippery slope before someone f*cks up and admits that facts exist.

Trump has ordered that passengers must leave cell phones,lap tops ect in the hold of the plane due to terror concerns.Canada and the UK follow suit. Looks like the Yemen raid may not have been a complete bust after all.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/politics/electronics-ban-devices-explosives-intelligence/index.html

tomahawk6 said:
Trump has ordered that passengers must leave cell phones,lap tops ect in the hold of the plane due to terror concerns.Canada and the UK follow suit. Looks like the Yemen raid may not have been a complete bust after all.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/politics/electronics-ban-devices-explosives-intelligence/index.html

Actually cell phones are OK. Any electronic device larger than a cell phone has to go in checked baggage.

tomahawk6 said:

According to the most recent info from CBC  (ie - about the same time you spewed your latest ill-informed propaganda), it was stated that "a decision on whether to implement a similar ban respecting large electronics on flights to Canada will be made shortly." 

Now, perhaps there are too many syllables in that bold/yellow bit, but the gist is that Canada has not yet decided on what we'll do.  There is nothing in your CNN report (oh look, suddenly CNN isn't "fake news"  ::) ) or the CBC report that says Canada has... or is going to... follow the US lead.  They may.... or may not; it has not yet been decided. 

:not-again: 

Journeyman, you're becoming predictable. 

Just a thought.

:cheers:

Chris Pook said:
Journeyman, you're becoming predictable. 
"Predictable."  That's pretty rich, being posted in a Trump bukkake-fest.

My predictability does  become apparent when the Trump toxin spreads to Canadian topics.

I regret (more than you can imagine) that my preference for facts and thinking is at odds with the majority of group-think in this thread.  Yes, I've done a reality-check, wondering if I'm 'the only one in step,'  and while I can understand some of the emotions behind this 'movement' I just can't understand the suspension of thought that embracing it requires (unless that sort of thing was never one's strong suit anyway).  Oh well.

As I've stated before, I'm more than happy  to avoid this mess altogether..... if people would stop trying to drag Canada into the alt-garbage world -- in this, and other, threads. 

Some solutions are  pretty simple.  :nod:

Journeyman said:
... That's pretty rich, being posted in a Trump bukkake-fest ...
What is Googled, cannot be un-Googled ...  ;D

milnews.ca said:

If you want to make a splash,

"Instead of dipping udon noodles in the sauce, the sauce is poured over noodles as bukkake means pouring in Japanese."

milnews.ca said:

Do NOT ever go on Reddit, Urban Dictionary, or...well, anywhere.  >:D

>I would like to know the organization or person responsible for making that chart. Was it a reputable source or somebody with a graphics program in their basement just having a laugh at gullible persons. I can't seem to find the originators of that chart.

It almost doesn't matter.  You can look at the centreline, which includes NPR, WaPo, NYT, etc, and realize that however accurate it is in general, most of those are all widely recognized in the context of US politics as being left of centre.  Just shift everything one column left to correct for bias.

Brad Sallows said:
It almost doesn't matter.  You can look at the centreline, which includes NPR, WaPo, NYT, etc, and realize that however accurate it is in general, most of those are all widely recognized in the context of US politics as being left of centre.  Just shift everything one column left or right to correct for bias based on your view/take on the respective outlets.
FTFY  ;D

Brad Sallows said:
You can look at the centreline, which includes NPR, WaPo, NYT, etc, and realize that however accurate it is in general, most of those are all widely recognized in the context of US politics as being left of centre. 

Widely recognized by who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back