• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cupper said:
The problem that has been overlooked in all this is the lack of planning and preparation that preceded the issuing of the EO.

Government agencies that would be implementing the directives had little or no warning that this was to be released, so were caught with their tighty whiteys around their ankles.

Of course just because Trump mentioned the ban over a year ago in Dec 2015 doesn't count as a warning. After all why would you plan just in case for something that obviously was never going to happen under President Clinton.

Trump is doing what he said he was going to and people everywhere in the world act surprised. I like the way everything gets twisted to the extreme and how everything is labeled as racist too.  So far I haven't seen anything racist out of him.  Sexist, homophobic, prejudice, etc etc maybe but not racist as racism is simply the belief that one race is superior to another. Haven't heard any comments for or against any race yet.

Anyone else starting to feel like they are in a sci-fi movie, big business takes over the government and runs the world?  next up - Canada with Kevin taking over.  UFC will hold nothing to that battle.

CountDC said:
Trump is doing what he said he was going to and people everywhere in the world act surprised.

How dare a politician do what they say they would...

Oh wait, he's not a politician, that is probably why he won.

CountDC said:
Of course just because Trump mentioned the ban over a year ago in Dec 2015 doesn't count as a warning ... Trump is doing what he said he was going to and people everywhere in the world act surprised. I like the way everything gets twisted to the extreme and how everything is labeled as racist too ...
Those that don't like the principle will never be convinced, but there's a lot of people out there who aren't surprised about the EO as much as surprised that it seems that more than a few contingencies weren't planned for - or, if they were, communicated to everyone tasked with making it so. 

Although it sounds like it's being fixed, leaving Iraqi translators (who'd worked for the U.S military) who were lined up to go to the U.S. out to dry - even temporarily - looks like someone didn't ask some obvious questions when Iraq came up on the list.  I thought of it in spite of being just an old fat guy with no specific immigration experience and only a modicum of military experience.

Here's hoping none of these guys end up as the lead, wearing an orange jump suit, in the next ISIS/Daesh video.

hope not and that is just the case where it was left open for the powers to be to make special exceptions for.  Now the question is are they ready and willing to use it in order to take care of those that have put their necks on the line to assist the U.S. military.

milnews.ca said:
And, for the first time I've seen it, the EO's now up on the whitehouse.gov page - here it is as a bit of fodder for the discussion here:

Hmmmm.

I did not find the words "Muslim" or "Islam" in that whole document.  I saw numerous references to "Terrorists" and "Terrorism".

Hmmmmmm?  All those protesters who are out in the streets and still calling Donald Trump a "Racists" should really stop and rethink what they are protesting about.  I think that it is they, the protesters who are the real "RACISTS".  It is they who are identifying "TERRORIST" with "MUSLIM", not Donald Trump. 

That Executive Order covers all religions and philosophies, naming none.  For the protesters to claim that this is solely a "anti-Muslim" order, is FALSE.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose--see The Donald from 1987:
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2017/02/09/what-trump-is-throwing-out-the-window/

mathews_2-020917.jpg

Mark
Ottawa

Meanwhile, Attorney General firing alright -- AG - STOPS!!!!!!!!
President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.

Taking action in an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, Mr. Trump declared that Sally Q. Yates had “betrayed” the administration, the White House said in a statement.

The president appointed Dana J. Boente, United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as acting attorney general until Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama is confirmed.

Ms. Yates’s decision confronted the president with a stinging challenge to his authority and laid bare a deep divide at the Justice Department, within the diplomatic corps and elsewhere in the government over the wisdom of his order ...
Info-machine statement attached (source)

George Wallace said:
... All those protesters who are out in the streets and still calling Donald Trump a "Racists" should really stop and rethink what they are protesting about.  I think that it is they, the protesters who are the real "RACISTS".  It is they who are identifying "TERRORIST" with "MUSLIM", not Donald Trump ...
On that bit in yellow - really?  So can I guess that, if you disagree with the protesters, that you must think that we can't paint aaaaaaaaaaaaaall Muslims with the terrorist brush like the protesters appear to be doing?  ;)

Attachments

• C3dzdTOUkAAPqw5.jpg
    C3dzdTOUkAAPqw5.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 88
tomahawk6 said:
Most claims about Trump’s visa Executive Order are false or misleading

As are most arguements put out by the administration.

So it would be fair to say no one knows what they are talking about.

mariomike said:
Mon Jan 30, 2017

REUTERS

Wall Street falls the most this year as Trump honeymoon sours
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-idUSKBN15E1B2
Major U.S. stock indexes posted their largest drop so far in 2017 on Monday as investors worried that a curb on immigration ordered by Donald Trump was a reminder that some of the U.S. president's policies are not market-friendly.

It was the largest daily percentage drop for the Dow since October, while the S&P and Nasdaq dropped the most since late December.

So much for the Dow closing over 20,000.

The media is just as guilty of these 'alternate' facts. This whole thing feels like a propaganda war. Both sides are pulling the wool over our eyes.

Both have been caught in obvious lies, but they still go on with their next barrage of propaganda.

It is becoming really hard to trust any 'news' site, and it seems like we as the consumer of news, if you want to stay informed, you need to do your own fact checking.

CBP (customs and border protection) were given no direction on how to deal with legal permanent residents (green card holders). There was no clarification on how to address admitted applicants who were in transit to the US.

I have a friend who is an ICE Agent and when I chatted with him Sunday he said their Department is ecstatic.

So it would seem, is the USBP http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/unions-of-border-patrol-ice-agents-cheer-trump-actions/article/2613278

https://www.facebook.com/bpunion/

Joint Press Release Between Border Patrol and ICE Councils
As representatives of the nation’s Frontline immigration officers and agents responsible for enforcing our laws and protecting our borders, we fully support and appreciate President Trump’s swift and decisive action to keep the American people safe and allow law enforcement to do its job.

We applaud the three executive orders he has issued to date, and are confident they will make America safer and more prosperous. Morale amongst our agents and officers has increased exponentially since the signing of the orders. The men and women of ICE and Border Patrol will work tirelessly to keep criminals, terrorists, and public safety threats out of this country, which remains the number one target in the world – and President Trump’s actions now empower us to fulfill this life saving mission, and it will indeed save thousands of lives and billions of dollars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170082/Border-guards-say-Trump-s-orders-IMPROVED-morale.html

But hey - they're the people doing the work. What do they know? Memes on Facebook, prattling soccer moms and airport protesters have a much better handle on things

gryphonv said:
The media is just as guilty of these 'alternate' facts. This whole thing feels like a propaganda war. Both sides are pulling the wool over our eyes.

Both have been caught in obvious lies, but they still go on with their next barrage of propaganda.

It is becoming really hard to trust any 'news' site, and it seems like we as the consumer of news, if you want to stay informed, you need to do your own fact checking.

Gryphonv, you may, or may not, find this of interest,

Techniques to Control the Media
http://billmoyers.com/story/trumps-seven-techniques-control-media/

muskrat89 said:
I have a friend who is an ICE Agent and when I chatted with him Sunday he said their Department is ecstatic.

So it would seem, is the USBP http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/unions-of-border-patrol-ice-agents-cheer-trump-actions/article/2613278

https://www.facebook.com/bpunion/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170082/Border-guards-say-Trump-s-orders-IMPROVED-morale.html

But hey - they're the people doing the work. What do they know? Memes on Facebook, prattling soccer moms and airport protesters have a much better handle on things

Let's not forget, ICE and the USBP are not Customs and Border Protection.

Let's not forget, ICE and the USBP are not Customs and Border Protection.

Thanks. In my ex-wife's family, my father in law was an Immigration Officer, my brother in law a Customs Officer, and 2 more Brother In Laws were Border Patrol Agents. I have a decent handle on the nuances.

Plus I live in a border state and security is part of my job so I work with a number of Federal, State and Local agencies...

The friend I chatted with Sunday is a part of a Unit that specializes in tracking down folks who enter on Visas to do things like bio-chemistry or flight lessons, and then disappear....

gryphonv said:

How has that changed?  It's always been "read the left-wing slanted article, read the right-wing slanted article, then somewhere in the middle is the truth".  It's just that in the social media age, "news" is coming so fast and furious that it easily helps our confirmation bias.

Not to disagree with you, Muskrat89, I'm not eligible to vote in your elections.

But, I also read this,

January 26th, 2017

Donald Trump was not 'unanimously endorsed' by ICE, border patrol
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/26/donald-trump/trump-claims-unanimous-endorsement-ice-border-patr/

"We will triple the number of ICE agents."
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1440/triple-ice-enforcement/

I was a loyal union brother for many years. If a politician promised to triple our numbers on the street, we would have been "ecstatic" too.  :)

As far as front-line union political support is concerned, the International Association of Firefighters and Paramedics union ( 300,000 members in 2012 ) refused to endorse either candidate.

"The fact is we do have one candidate who has been good on our issues as a former United States Senator. And another candidate, on the other side, who says some crazy things and who doesn’t have a record on our issues and who is running as a unconventional outsider. But we cannot ignore that we have a more heated and ugly dialogue going on in our country and in this union over this election, over these candidates, than we’ve seen in modern times."

“A decision to endorse either way could have the real potential to do real harm to our union solidarity.”
General President Harold Schaitberger
https://www.statter911.com/2016/08/15/firefighters-union-will-not-endorse-trump-clinton/

Dimsum said:
It's just that in the social media age, "news" is coming so fast and furious that it easily helps our confirmation bias.

:)

Attachments

• internet.png
    internet.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 136
I'm feeling much better about the Trump Presidency now.  [:D

Attachments

• IMG_0387.PNG
    IMG_0387.PNG
    314.4 KB · Views: 94
milnews.ca said:
Those that don't like the principle will never be convinced, but there's a lot of people out there who aren't surprised about the EO as much as surprised that it seems that more than a few contingencies weren't planned for - or, if they were, communicated to everyone tasked with making it so.

Thank U for the PM and giving me the scoop its appreciated, that MSG I believe is when the site is at wiggle room only, figured was affecting others see it did, the more complains the better, must be agitating for D staff, etc. on a much lighter note.....

Well looks like MOP is hard at work stick poking Trump, as his BFF Bannon whisper sweet nothings in Trump's ear, solidifying his hidden agenda of creating chaos and mayhem. Bannon thrives, walking around with a Stubby every time he steers and stirs' the pot, or unfazed by media, etc., critically scrutinizing him.

The Trompetistas (Spanish…remove o add u…obvious), might be right, it’s been only a week and change quacking Donald is seating in El Presidente’s Big handed chair, with a very green Staff, (Ok Trump’s arse kissing Cronies, is more factual), lets give them a chance he could be 110% right.

Now in my neck of the woods we had a French catholic I believe whackooooo walk into a mosque kills and injures innocent people and then Calls the police 

For the greater good In the Land of the FREE, America should come together in consensuses and fallowing the lead of the Trumpetistas, and even written a sing along song.

Lets See what I can belt out…………

Every body talking about, a WALL now, Muslim Ban, TPP, NAFTA, Obama Care, 5 Mil illegally voted…Allllll Weeeeee areeee Sayinggggggggggg…Isss Give Trumppppp Aaaaa Chanceeeeeeeeeeee…Allllll Weeeeee areeee Sayinggggggggggg…..Isss Give Trumppppp Aaaaa Chanceeeeeeeeeeee

Crdox7SUAAAVcgT.jpg

1122ffft.jpg

C.U.

Chispa said:
Well looks like MOP is hard at work stick poking Trump, as his BFF Bannon whisper sweet nothings in solidifying his hidden agenda of grating chaos and mayhem. Bannon thrives, walking around with a Stubby every times he steers the pot, or fazed by media, etc., critically scrutinise him.

The Trompetistas (Spanish…remove o add u…obvious), might be right, it’s been only a week and change quaking Donald is seating in El Presidente’s Big handed chair, with a very green Staff, (Ok Trump’s arse kissing Cronies, is more factual), lets give them a chance he could be 110% right.

Now in my neck of the woods we had a French catholic I believe whackooooo walk into a mosque kills and injures innocent people and then Calls the police 

For the greater good In the Land of the FREE, America should come together in consensuses and fallowing the leed of the Trumpetistas, and even written a sing along song.

Chispa: What the hell are you on, and where can I get some?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back