• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldgateboatdriver said:
Cupper: You are assuming those missives and memo exist. Given the current occupant (s) of the White House, I think you may find that the various Secretaries have been told to just go and run their department, that only the various Executive Orders are issued and distributed, and that the rest is just continuing spewing of campaign rhetoric by the Prez carried out for no other purpose than press (yes, press) consumption (i.e.: i'll continue to make outrageous statements from the W.H. so you guys put it on the TV and provide me with free contact with my base).

So you are saying that we all have fallen into  wormhole and were spit out into an alternate universe where facts don't matter, and we must adore a strange narcisstic orange coloured man who suffers from a low sense of self asteem and a bad combover?

Nope, not buying it. ;d

cupper said:
Is there any other type of atheist?

Yep. There are those that progress from "I don't believe in gods" to "Thou shalt have no gods". 

Chris Pook said:
Yep. There are those that progress from "I don't believe in gods" to "Thou shalt have no gods". 
I call those people antitheists.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Cupper: You are assuming those missives and memo exist. Given the current occupant (s) of the White House, I think you may find that the various Secretaries have been told to just go and run their department, that only the various Executive Orders are issued and distributed, and that the rest is just continuing spewing of campaign rhetoric by the Prez carried out for no other purpose than press (yes, press) consumption (i.e.: i'll continue to make outrageous statements from the W.H. so you guys put it on the TV and provide me with free contact with my base).

President Trump is following a well known playbook, and the smokescreen of tweets and getting free press coverage (he pretty much erected another Trump tower inside their collective heads) while his minions do the real work seems consistent with the sort of Info Ops campaigns being waged by Russia (Hybrid Warfare) IOT bring attention to himself, connect with the base, distract opponents (and the American media is clearly an opponent, think of them a democrat operatives with bylines) and get inside everyone's OODA loop. To my mind the real test will be when legislation is being crafted by the Congress, and the budgets are being prepared; how will the President's deal making skills work with members of the Senate and the House?

Thuc: 

Which defines the real role of Steve Bannon on the National Security Council.  He is the IA Liaison.

Have you heard the latest reason why Trump is a horrible choice for president and sending the left into yet another outrage?

He eats his steak well done, and with ketchup!

He also continues to ditch the press when he wants to go out for supper, how dare he.

Jarnhamar said:
Have you heard the latest reason why Trump is a horrible choice for president and sending the left into yet another outrage?

He eats his steak well done, and with ketchup!

To be fair, that is an insult to the animal that was killed for it, and I'm not even a hard-left-winger.  >:D

The ketchup or well done?  ;D

My 11 year old tells me Trump is a racist (she got mad when I told her to give me an example of what he said that's racist). She also likes her steak practically blue. So gross.

Jarnhamar said:
My 11 year old tells me Trump is a racist (she got mad when I told her to give me an example of what he said that's racist).

Only thing matters to a politician is how people vote.

"Clinton held an 80-point advantage among blacks (88% to 8%)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016#Voter_demographics

mariomike said:
Only thing matters to a politician is how people vote.

"Clinton held an 80-point advantage among blacks (88% to 8%)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016#Voter_demographics

I'm confused. How does that relate to racism. Is it the candidate or the voters who are racist? Is it just a talking point?

kkwd said:
Is it the candidate or the voters who are racist?

He's your president. I'm not eligible to vote in US elections. :cdn:

All I know is what I read in the fake news: "Clinton held an 80-point advantage among blacks (88% to 8%)".

kkwd said:
I'm confused. How does that relate to racism. Is it the candidate or the voters who are racist? Is it just a talking point?

It's an example how a narrative can be pushed on people and accepted without any semblance of proof.

[quote author=mariomike] He's your president.
[/quote]

Just curious, do you realize how often you say this?

Jarnhamar said:
It's an example how a narrative can be pushed on people and accepted without any semblance of proof.

mariomike said:
He's your president. I'm not eligible to vote in US elections. :cdn:

All I know is what I read in the fake news: "Clinton held an 80-point advantage among blacks (88% to 8%)".

This is what I posted. Fake news?

Jarnhamar said:
Just curious, do you realize how often you say this?

When asked questions like, "Is it the candidate or the voters who are racist?"

S/he would likely know the answer to her/his question better than I, not being a US voter.

That may be the reason they put US political threads in Radio Chatter.

And probably why they post this, in this thread,
milnews.ca said:
I know I've been gently poked for not having a sense of humour when it comes to some of the digs going on.  To pass along some sage advice, [i]"we have to remember to check if we are in RADIO CHATTER before we want to "seriously" comment on a less than "serious" thread"[/i] ;)

This Radio Chatter thread is entertainment to me. Because I don't vote there. My wife's family pay vacation property taxes in Florida, so she's a little more concerned about the current situation than I am.

When Canadians start protesting / rioting in the streets against the Prime Minister of Canada, I'll start paying more attention to the Canadian political threads in the regular forum.

kkwd said:

Thanks for the links. Here are a few for you,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=trump+protest&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=DXq3WM63JsWC8QfZnI2gBQ&gws_rd=ssl
"About 141,000,000 results"

This is just from today in the UK
https://www.google.ca/search?q=trump+uk&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&biw=1536&bih=723&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A3%2F1%2F2017%2Ccd_max%3A3%2F1%2F2017&tbm=#tbs=cdr:1%2Ccd_min:3%2F1%2F2017%2Ccd_max:3%2F1%2F2017&q=trump+protest+uk&*

You know he can't come to Ottawa? PM Trudeau had to go to Washington D.C. instead,
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/city-hall-blog-a-trump-visit-to-ottawa-isnt-like-an-obama-love-in-for-police

"It has been tradition that Canada receives the first foreign visit by a U.S. president."

“(With) Obama, it’s a love-in and the two visits we had with President Obama were very positive. I think the dynamics with a person like Trump is totally different that we have to factor into our planning assumptions and the potential (for) demonstrations or activities on such a visit.”
Ottawa Police Chief Charles Bordeleau

He complained that President Obamas security costs are high. But, his are staggering in comparison,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=trump+uk&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&biw=1536&bih=723&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A3%2F1%2F2017%2Ccd_max%3A3%2F1%2F2017&tbm=#q=trump+cost+security&*

If I was paying taxes in the US, I would be concerned about that.

If protests were the only consideration, it wouldn't be an issue. It's the rioting, damage and mayhem that is putting people on guard.

mariomike said:
Thanks for the links. Here are a few for you,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=trump+protest&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=DXq3WM63JsWC8QfZnI2gBQ&gws_rd=ssl
"About 141,000,000 results"

Oh no, it must be fake, the first link on that page goes to Fox News.  ;D

mariomike said:
He complained that President Obamas security costs are high. But, his are staggering in comparison,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=trump+uk&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&biw=1536&bih=723&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A3%2F1%2F2017%2Ccd_max%3A3%2F1%2F2017&tbm=#q=trump+cost+security&*

The word you are looking for is apopleptic.

mariomike said:

Concerned, maybe a more appropriate description would be seeing red and turning white and cursing blue.  ;D
Anyway, Obama was a high profile figure. Trump is an extremely high profile figure. Trump is a target like has never been seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back