• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remius said:
Maybe I'm reading too much into it and i did state worrisome not that the Sky was falling.  But this hasn't been the way it's always been.  The Press Corps association decides who gets seats normally.  What the administration is doing is not giving them access to the White House. This is a new way of doing it.  Nothing wrong with change but it looks like revenge politics to me.

Revenge politics? When did that become a thing?  Oh, right, Julius Caesar and a few disgruntled senators, but other than that it's been nice and amicable.

Kat Stevens said:
Revenge politics? When did that become a thing?  Oh, right, Julius Caesar and a few disgruntled senators, but other than that it's been nice and amicable.

you are blowing it up all out of proportion.....Julius was just having a pointed discussion with a few of his fellow senators....

:D

mariomike said:
Protests against Donald Trump
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_Donald_Trump

He's YOUR president. So enjoy! 

:)  :cdn:

Is your protest reference supposed to be about the womans march to fight for rights they already have or celebrating the left turning violent and physically assaulting people for wearing pieces of clothing? 

My understanding is that Caesar was just looking for a new job to get away from all the office politics and back stabbing.

;D

GAP said:
you are blowing it up all out of proportion.....Julius was just having a pointed discussion with a few of his fellow senators....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR_5h8CzRcI

Office politics can be so vicious.......

FJAG said:
I know, I know. The White House isn't Congress but the principle applies universally.

Just sayin'

:cheers:

Jeez FJAG - with reasoning like that you should apply for a Supreme Court position.  Brit, Yank or Canuck.  The Brits are running a competition just now.  [:D

Chris Pook said:
Jeez FJAG - with reasoning like that you should apply for a Supreme Court position.  Brit, Yank or Canuck.  The Brits are running a competition just now.  [:D

I don't qualify. I'm a practising apathetic atheist.  ;D

:cheers:

tomahawk6 said:
Why should the administration even let them into the building ? Every story lately from CNN to WaPo to NYT are made up stories.They can do that from anywhere. The media is being dishonest and Trump has called them out. It used to be that stories actually had sources not in Washington anymore and it has got to stop.

Where is your proof?

I'm beginning to think that the cabinet secretaries are either not receiving or not reading the missives and memos being issued from the White House.

Kelly, Mattis, Tillerson, McMaster have all given statements that directly contradict Trump's.

Kelly had to clarify that no military forces are being used in the carckdown on illegal immigrants.

Mattis and Tillerson had to reassure the European reps at the conference in Germany that the US will come to the aid of any Nato Member. Grant you Mattis also pushed on members pulling their far share.

McMaster has told NSC staffers that the use of the term "radical Islamic terrorism" is not helping as Terrorists are un-Islamic.

DHS put together a memo contradicting the Administrations justification for the travel ban, stating that country of origin plays little or no part in predicting who is going to carry out terrorist acts in the US. They go so far as to point out that of all the deaths that have occurred in the US by terrorist acts carried out by foreign born persons since the 1970's, 98% occurred on 9/11. 1.4 % occured prior to 9/11.

How long will this go on until the White House realizes that they may not be fully in control of their own agenda.

[quote author=cupper]

Mattis and Tillerson had to reassure the European reps at the conference in Germany that the US will come to the aid of any Nato Member. Grant you Mattis also pushed on members pulling their far share.

[/quote]

Given the riots unrest and violence spreading across European countries like Germany and France what's NATOs policy in sending NATO soldiers to member countries to combat that civil unrest? Could NATO deploy Peacekeepers to Sweden if it became that that?

cupper said:
Is there any other type of atheist?

Pretty sure Douglas Adam, of Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy fame self-described as a "radical atheist".  I would probably put Einstein in the "contemplative atheist" category.

Just saying.

cupper said:
I'm beginning to think that the cabinet secretaries are either not receiving or not reading the missives and memos being issued from the White House.

Cupper: You are assuming those missives and memo exist. Given the current occupant (s) of the White House, I think you may find that the various Secretaries have been told to just go and run their department, that only the various Executive Orders are issued and distributed, and that the rest is just continuing spewing of campaign rhetoric by the Prez carried out for no other purpose than press (yes, press) consumption (i.e.: i'll continue to make outrageous statements from the W.H. so you guys put it on the TV and provide me with free contact with my base).

Jarnhamar said:
Given the riots unrest and violence spreading across European countries like Germany and France what's NATOs policy in sending NATO soldiers to member countries to combat that civil unrest? Could NATO deploy Peacekeepers to Sweden if it became that that?
How close are these countries to needing more than just their own military to deal with internal security?  And I don't mean how close Alex Jones things they are ...
Oldgateboatdriver said:
... (i.e.: i'll continue to make outrageous statements from the W.H. so you guys put it on the TV and provide me with free contact with my base).
Or, as rabble.ca et. al. might say, to mention make people look here instead of looking at other things over there ...

milnews.ca said:
How close are these countries to needing more than just their own military to deal with internal security?  And I don't mean how close Alex Jones things they are ...

I have no idea. What if their army is unionized and go on strike  ;)
Really though I'm just curious about NATO arcs when it comes to civil unrest in a member country.

Jarnhamar said:
Really though I'm just curious about NATO arcs when it comes to civil unrest in a member country.

Not necessarily NATO, but they have had a Franco-German Bde since 1987, which made up the nucleus for the EU Corps for several years now.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocorps  Member nations currently are:  Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Spain. 

Jarnhamar said:
I have no idea. What if their army is unionized and go on strike  ;)

Would that not maybe be more of an EU issue?

mariomike said:
Protests against Donald Trump
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_Donald_Trump

He's YOUR president. So enjoy! 

:)  :cdn:

I do believe he shall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back