• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Election in 7 days, what's your prediction?

Who do you think will win the U.S. election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Baker

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
As the question asks you, who do you think will get the big chair in the Oval Office?

Beav

I think Obama will win.
I also think that that's a very bad thing for the US and the rest of the world in general.

But that's just me. 

isn't there already a thread on this in the international situation section? or you just want predictions, no analysis?

CougarDaddy said:
isn't there already a thread on this in the international situation section? or you just want predictions, no analysis?
Just what everyone thinks, that's why its in R/C.

Beav

Bass ackwards said:
I think Obama will win.
I also think that that's a very bad thing for the US and the rest of the world in general.

But that's just me. 

If he does win....will he live till Inauguration day?

Either way The U.S is needing a transition from the Bush years. The current state of the world is NOT reflective solely on the United States or it's economy in general. It however is an integral part of the rest of the worlds ability to cope within thier own economies. The proof is already in the pudding that when one large market crashes so will others, the more crashes the more other countries are affected.

The best outcome for everyone will not lie with this presidential election, but the one that will follow it. However i feel strongly that even though McCain is a teetering old cudgel his running mate is probably better suited for the chair. Obama on the otherhand is NOT the best choice for president and that will come to light if he's voted into office. Either way i wish the US better fortunes that they have had with the Bush disasters.

Cheers.

I think Democrats may be able to pull it off if they can continue on their path of 'less slanderious comments' and promiting the little man as they have been doing. Maybe detering die hard loyal Republicans from voting or possibly turning them over to their side. However, if the Republicans hold onto the key states it may be too close to call.

My personal opinion is that I know nothing of the american political system, as it is far more complex then our own. Should be an interesting election to say atleast ;)

Generally considered the most reliable poll web site:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Real Clear Politics   

President Senate House
Election 2008           Obama    McCain           Spread
RCP National Average  49.9       43.5              Obama    +6.4
Favorable Ratings     +19.2      +8.5               Obama    +10.7
Intrade Market Odds   84.5       16.6 -

Electoral College       Obama     McCain   Spread
RCP Electoral Count    311          142     Obama  +169
No Toss Up States      353          185    Obama +168

Battleground States         Obama       McCain        Spread
Florida                            48.5              45.0        Obama +3.5
North Carolina                  48.9             46.3        Obama +2.6
Virginia                            51.0             44.5         Obama +6.5
Ohio                                49.2             43.4        Obama +5.8
Missouri                           47.8             48.2         McCain +0.4
Colorado                          50.8             44.3         Obama +6.5
Nevada                            50.3             43.3          Obama +7.0

Snafu-Bar said:
Either way The U.S is needing a transition from the Bush years. The current state of the world is NOT reflective solely on the United States or it's economy in general. It however is an integral part of the rest of the worlds ability to cope within thier own economies. The proof is already in the pudding that when one large market crashes so will others, the more crashes the more other countries are affected.

The best outcome for everyone will not lie with this presidential election, but the one that will follow it. However i feel strongly that even though McCain is a teetering old cudgel his running mate is probably better suited for the chair. Obama on the otherhand is NOT the best choice for president and that will come to light if he's voted into office. Either way i wish the US better fortunes that they have had with the Bush disasters.

Cheers.

whoa pony whoa.  Sarah -what does the VP do exactly- Palin is NOT better suited for the chair.  As a woman and a human being I find her offensive.  She is at the extreme right of the spectrum  and I don't agree with anything she's said to date.  IMO she's a ticking time bomb.  I wish McCain had picked a better running mate. 

That being said,  an Obama presidency doesn't look to be all hearts and flowers for the international community either.  Makes me very glad I'm not American, and very scared at what the fallout to this election is going to be. 

Lil_T said:
whoa pony whoa.   Sarah -what does the VP do exactly- Palin is NOT better suited for the chair.   As a woman and a human being I find her offensive.  She is at the extreme right of the spectrum  and I don't agree with anything she's said to date.  IMO she's a ticking time bomb.  I wish McCain had picked a better running mate. 

That being said,  an Obama presidency doesn't look to be all hearts and flowers for the international community either.   Makes me very glad I'm not American, and very scared at what the fallout to this election is going to be. 

Notice i said that this election is not the one to watch but the next. None of the candidates really stand out for being a positive transition from Bush, but that being said it is what it is, just as we are stuck yet another lame duck administration awaiting the next crop of lame duck replacements. Palin is obviously justifiable in being a candidate for the chair if she's been picked worthy of being a Vice chair. She's obviously just as capable of being a good or bad president as anyone else, the administration behind her is the part that counts the most. Being the top dog just means having to trust the people you feel are best to have working under you and helping in the process of making the big decisions when they need to be made.

It should be a calm 4 years of trying to quell the headaches left behind from the Bush administration and that will take most of thier attention and we all know that the focus of everyones attention has dramatically shifted away from the war on terror to the war on economic failure.

Cheers.

Indeed. 

Personally, I believe Palin was tapped, because of Hilary's defeat.  The McCain team was trying to capitalize on the notion that women would be more apt to vote for another woman.  Mike Huckabee or Rudy Giuliani would have been a better option.  I don't think it was because of her "foreign policy experience" or any supposed skill set at all.  I think Senator McCain is going to regret his choice of running mate, primarily because I also believe she is going to cost him this election. 

I hope you're right and it is a calm 4 years of clean-up after the last 8 years of insanity, and that the next administration can start to turn things around. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back