• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. 2012 Election

On Nov 6 Who Will Win President Obama or Mitt Romney ?

• President Obama

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 24 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I predict that when the shine wears off this election, the economy goes further into the sewer and thousands of Americans lose everything they've been fighting to hang onto, the MSM will end up attacking Obama and laying total blame at his feet.

Of course they will never admit their collusion and twisting of the news to complete the subversion of the US electorate in the fiasco that was supposed to be a true and fair election.

The Electoral College is an antiquated and disposable commodity that needs to be done away with.

I didn't see any female voters with their forefinger dyed purple; obviously all those votes are disallowed.

Hey, it was good enough for the US-imposed supervised "democracy" in Iraq.   :dunno:

Edit.....because the election-monitoring beer effected my spelling ability.    :facepalm:

recceguy said:
I predict that when the shine wears off this election, the economy goes further into the sewer and thousands of Americans lose everything they've been fighting to hang onto, the MSM will end up attacking Obama and laying total blame at his feet.

Of course they will never admit their collusion and twisting of the news to complete the subversion of the US electorate in the fiasco that was supposed to be a true and fair election.

The Electoral College is an antiquated and disposable commodity that needs to be done away with.

They'll probably lay it all on Gee Dubya and say Obama inherited an irretrievable economy, did all he could but couldn't drag it back from the event horizon.

Now that it's over I can comment further.  I'm not really keen on either, but, Romney would be my last choice of the two.  I don't think he has what it takes and the devil you know is better than the one you don't.  It's a shame the Republicans cannot seem to get it together and pick a candidate that's worthwhile.  I did like McCain, but his VP was a poor choice. 

For those of you here who shudder at the thought of Billary ascending to the throne in 4 years time, take heart.  If Bronco turns out to be the nightmare you fear he will be, there's no way in hell any Democrat will come after this term.  The same fate McCain suffered after 8 years of the Shrub.

I watched a really good movie last night: To Live. I turned off the subtitles because Gong Li's voice is so lovely and clear that I can understand whole sentences, sometimes. I went to bed fairly early, a happy but - in matters regarding US politics - uninformed man.

gong-li-02.jpg

Gong Li's ... uhh ... voice

All I needed to know was emblazoned on this morning's paper: Obama is still President; the GOP still controls the House of Representatives and the Democrats still control the Senate. Status quo ante.

What is going to change? Who is going to change? Barack Obama? John Boehner? Harry Reid? All three of them need to make some political changes if they want to avoid pushing America over the edge of the Fiscal Cliff.

:waiting:

Well that means that by June everybody will start lining up for the 2016 election......

Technoviking said:
Since the comments are now coming, I'll just remind everyone that abortion murders your baby.  You know, that individual that is a result of vaginal intercourse.  Unique DNA and all that.  But since we in Canada are satisfied with a 400 or so year old definition of "human being", ignoring science to keep intact an agenda, I'll just keep all other opinion to myself.  Don't want to be burnt at the stake.  No pics this time. 

I'm also glad I live here, for what it's worth.

There has to be some sort of Godwin type term for any discussion that decends into the realm of abortion ::)

>Who is going to change?

Either Obama is the moderate, reach-across-the-aisle kind of guy that his supporters claim he is (which we never really saw because the 2008 Congress didn't require bipartisanship), or he is not - and this divided Congress will leave no room for pretending otherwise.

I am puzzled by the "women's issue" of contraception.  I get that Obamacare demands it be covered by insurers, and I get that many Republicans and religious groups object to that constraint.  I never did see anyone claim to support a ban on contraception.  And I guess I've been pretty lax in checking what my provincial health care plan covers - I didn't know contraception is covered anywhere in Canada.  Being misinformed is a terrible thing.

GAP said:
Well that means that by June everybody will start lining up for the 2016 election......

Diane Francis (National Post) is already suggesting it's
bush_jeb.jpg
vs.
220px-Hillary_Clinton_official_Secretary_of_State_portrait_crop.jpg
in 2016.
                                                                                    Jeb Bush                                                      Hillary Clinton

If the outcome still interests you, look at the US markets ~ in less than one hour the DJIA has lost nearly 2% of its value.

Well, that market change didn't take long.....

As to 2016 I think  Paul Ryan is a valid contender.....the Bush's I think have run out their family tree .....Clinton is a dead end....they will come up with some non entity.....

E.R. Campbell said:
Diane Francis (National Post) is already suggesting it's
bush_jeb.jpg
vs.
220px-Hillary_Clinton_official_Secretary_of_State_portrait_crop.jpg
in 2016.
                                                                                    Jeb Bush                                                      Hillary Clinton

Hmn.  i would have thought that Governor Christie would be the man.  Although he has burned some bridges.

E.R. Campbell said:
If the outcome still interests you, look at the US markets ~ in less than one hour the DJIA has lost nearly 2% of its value.
yeah, but Ruger (RGR) is up 7% and S&W SWHC 10% ...

PanaEng said:
yeah, but Ruger (RGR) is up 7% and S&W SWHC 10% ...

:rofl:

I guess this is US reaction to last night's election results:
4320758-portrait-of-scared-young-businessman-putting-gun-into-his-mouth.jpg

And: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/video/video-markets-tumble-after-us-election/article5045683/

Back