• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. 2012 Election

On Nov 6 Who Will Win President Obama or Mitt Romney ?

• President Obama

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 24 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those saying "What if it's a tie?", may I present the XKCD guide to an electoral draw: http://what-if.xkcd.com/19/

Classic line:

Putting all this together: The probability that every battleground state is exactly tied is roughly equal to the probability that, when one of the Florida electors reaches into the hat to draw a name, he or she is struck by a falling cocaine bale, the hat is hurled away within the next few seconds by a tornado, and the elector is obliterated minutes later by a meteorite impact.

If you’re in the US, don’t forget to vote—your vote could make or break a tie. 

And if you’re voting in Florida, keep an eye on the sky.

Interesting article:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/canada/better+Canada+Romney+hands+down/7501629/story.html

Okay if we are into numbers here's mine , Romney 225 Obama 313.
Should be interesting.

7500950.bin

Thanks to the Ottawa Citizen

I figure whoever gets/wins/buys the most votes, will probably win...I only say probably because of that thingy in Florida a few years back :whistle:

MM

Grimey said:
Obama by a comfortable margin due to the EC votes.  He has done his darndest over the last 4 yrs to turn the US into a client state.  It's only a few weeks shy of Thanksgiving and turkeys (clients) don't vote for that holiday, nor Christmas.

I hope I'm wrong though for $16,000,000,000,000 reasons.

I find this interesting; I don't foresee any more of a "client state" than the US would be seeing right now had Bronco Bama allowed the auto manufacturing populace and companies to go bankrupt (exactly as the Republicans wanted to do) and therefore the follow on economy, business' and mom-n-pop shops all those people shop at too. It'd be taking a whole lot of money in fed dollars to support all those people (ie: just a shitload more new "clients") and their families right now.

Someone else said it best: Decide which is the lesser of the two poisons.

I would like to see Romney win. I think Obama will win.

I will toss this out though - if Romney does win, I think it will be by a surprising margin...

muskrat89 said:
I would like to see Romney win. I think Obama will win.

I will toss this out though - if Romney does win, I think it will be by a surprising margin...

ditto.....there might just be a surprise out there....

Four years isn't long enough for the utopian dream to be shredded and the rosey glasses to fog up.  Obama will get back in.

Then ER's post about the financial cliff the US is on might just come true....

GAP said:
Then ER's post about the financial cliff the US is on might just come true....
Now I wish I had some gold bullion....  :nod:

I'm calling this for the President.  The only votes left in Florida are in Miami-Dade, which is a Democrat bastion.  The President will squeak out with Florida and take Ohio and the Presidency.

edited to add: I just used the Race to 270 counter and I predict 299 Electoral College votes for Obama to Romney's 239.

Infanteer said:
I'm calling this for the President.  The only votes left in Florida are in Miami-Dade, which is a Democrat bastion.  The President will squeak out with Florida and take Ohio and the Presidency.

edited to add: I just used the Race to 270 counter and I predict 299 Electoral College votes for Obama to Romney's 239.

I can live with that.  ;D

I think that the President will hold on. That being said, I also predict that the House will go solid Republican with the Senate split. Tea Party effect? Should make for an interesting 4 years.

Obama has 275 electoral votes, thus secured himself Office for another term.

The Senate will be in the hands of the Democrats again, the House of Representatives is still being calculated but displays signs of s strong Republican majority in the House.

The choice seems to be pretty secure; polls might be hard to judge but the models for calling winners state-by-state are pretty reliable.  It looks like the Democratic Party is correct to pride itself on the precision of its GOTV efforts.  Anecdotal lawn sign counts and estimates of election day lineups turned out to be relatively worthless indicators of turnout.

This came up on one of the Twitter feeds.  Interesting, and bleak.  I guess at this point all (administration, congress) of the incumbents (both parties) of the past 4 years basically have to deal with their own failure to select and maintain a proper aim in 2009.  We (Canada) are still screwed by our degree of economic connectedness to the US.  I'm glad my house is almost paid for and I'm not on a fixed income, and that I'm not a US taxpayer.

It's been a very interesting year and a half of campaigning from both sides.

Hopefully the Pols in Congress (both House and Senate, GOP and Dems alike) take the results as a sign from the electorate that they want a functional bipartisan legislative body working to get the country back on track.

It's either that, or we're all F'd.

cupper said:
It's been a very interesting year and a half of campaigning from both sides.

Hopefully the Pols in Congress (both House and Senate, GOP and Dems alike) take the results as a sign from the electorate that they want a functional bipartisan legislative body working to get the country back on track.

It's either that, or we're all F'd.

Bipartisan? America!? :rofl:

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

We will now have to live with the consequences of this election, and it will be pretty ugly for us as well.

Back