• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Typical BMQ Routine

Hawkeye

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the scedule was like for bmq in st jean ex what time does your day start and end , meals ect....   

Regards

Did you Try a search, as i know for a fact this has been discussed many times

it's spoonfeeding time!!! (doesn't happen very often, so be gratefull)

cflrs.forces.gc.ca has everything you need to know about basic.

lights out at 2300 no later and no to be out of thier cart before 5 but thats your day right there

Both my kids are there right now ones going in as a cook and the other a dental assist.  Lucky them they're in the same class tog. Yes sir your up and ready to run about 5am and lights out at 11pm.  For gods sake make sure you are physically fit or you will be put on hold for a month or until you can pass the PT testing.  Everything is in one huge building...Mike is or was on the 12th floor and you can't use the elevators I think until week 4.  Just remember there's no life like it! especially come paydays.

if you dont like sleep, you will do very well ;D  after coming back from the 2nd week in the field, fri night I fell asleep at the bar stool waiting for my meal, back perfectly straight, neck cricked back, the waitrees woke me up and scared the crap out of me.

I'm here right now (at CFLRS) and I don't find it too bad. I'm on RFT, and we work out the whole day, so by the time 2300 rolls around, we're dead, and just feel lucky to have somewhere to fall onto. The waking up at 0500 you'll get used to quickly, after 2 weeks of being here, I'm already getting up at 0500 whether I need to be or not, out of habbit.

One thing's for sure, you'll never be bored, there's always something that you need to do. even in your "off time"  you need to prepare for inspection etc.

Anyone know what the week to week BMQ training consists of, what the typical physical training regiment us ( so i can get into getter shape) and other items such as classroom and firearm and practical skills

Not to be a dick,  but really?  It's been asked by others quite a few times.  Searching the forums will get you the answer,  as well you can google it and find the weekly BMQ schedule on the CFLRS St Jean website. 

As well do you need detailed info on those classes?  Not really anything you can do to prepare for it,  there will be experienced instructors and lots of classes to teach you what you need to know.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/ps/rec/es-wt/index-eng.asp

marinemech said:
Anyone know what the week to week BMQ training consists of, what the typical physical training regiment

You wake up early, go to bed late and are kept busy in between. You come out a very basic military member.

That's all you need to know at this point.

Other than being as physically fit as you can, there is ZERO you can do to prepare. Reading the daily course schedule is not going to provide any useful information.

I looked online and i can't find any schedule of a BMQ like what happen week 1 and etc

can someone help me?

thanks

southernsniff said:
I looked online and i can't find any schedule of a BMQ like what happen week 1 and etc

can someone help me?

thanks

While not a schedule, this kind of tells you what you will be doing: http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-basic-training.page

southernsniff said:

can someone help me?

thanks

As far as I know, you won’t find a detailed schedule. You’ll find examples of a general idea of what to expect. But if you poke around here, you’ll find many, many comments about the types of activities which took place and when over the duration.

Items on any given day during course can be switched or postponed. And anyway, it’s not beneficial to either the recruit OR the staff for the recruit to have tons of time to prepare for the day’s events at all times. Depending on your pl staff, they either will or won’t provide the Course Senior with a basic schedule for the day and sometimes week. But that isn’t always the case. There are going to be times when your pl will need to get themselves together and make a timing with next to zero foreknowledge of what they need to prepare for. This is done on purpose.

The Army.  The only place you can be in time but you’re considered late.....

Back