• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tweet attributed to Canadian Prime Minister on trending hashtag is fabricated - Associated Press

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
CLAIM: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted about the hashtag ”#TrudeauMustGo” and said his government is “committed to regulating and censoring Canadian online content.”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Trudeau did not post such a tweet. There is no record of the post and a spokesperson from the prime minister’s office also confirmed to the Associated Press that the image of the tweet was fabricated.

THE FACTS: Twitter users who oppose Trudeau’s leadership have been posting under the hashtag #TrudeauMustGo in recent days. Some have also shared a fabricated screenshot of what appears to be a tweet from the Canadian prime minister’s official Twitter account.

“It has come to my attention that #TrudeauMustGo has been trending for more than 24 hours. This is nothing more than the work of Putin and the CPC in an effort to discredit me,” reads the tweet in the screenshot. “This is precisely why our Government has committed to regulating and censoring Canadian online content.”

I can't believe this isn't the Beaverton.

Back