• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TV Contents

JDMCRX

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Guys Curious doing the BFT soon just curious what should be in the TV . I work for BCE and not alot of people to pick there brains there.

Can anyone shed some ideas.

Im curious to the side pouches to the rear 7L pack. I had a kit list 2 years ago but can not find it.

HaHa Cute

On another note what do you guys use to stuff the pockets. I know you are not allowed to sign out for 4 magazines. What else could i use to improvise for C7 Mag and Gernades.

Josh

JDMCRX said:
HaHa Cute

On another note what do you guys use to stuff the pockets. I know you are not allowed to sign out for 4 magazines. What else could i use to improvise for C7 Mag and Gernades.

Josh

Wood.  Balls.  Anything the same size, shape, weight.  Use your imagination.

Well on the BFT you get issued a Rifle an the EIS for it.

Theres a thread somewhere here, talks about some weights some guy made up to simulate full mags, try to make something like that for ruckin in your own time.

Hey Guys Curious doing the BFT soon just curious what should be in the TV . I work for BCE and not alot of people to pick there brains there.

Can anyone shed some ideas.

Im curious to the side pouches to the rear 7L pack. I had a kit list 2 years ago but can not find it.
Your profile says you are currently with the Reserves, in Ottawa so, here is what I dug up.
28 (Ottawa) Service Bn: http://www.army.dnd.ca/28SERVICE_BATTALION/ops.htm
TV Load-out: http://www.army.dnd.ca/28SERVICE_BATTALION/ops/28SvcBnTacticalVest.pdf
Edit: Upon further review of the document, (not much help there  ::) ), seems to be alot of "misc items" placed in the TV.

Site hasn't been updated since 2005-08-19, I would ultimately say, ask your Sect Comd or 2 I/C.
Edit to add quote.

You can try this list.  It seems to make sense.  Even has pointers for when you travel by Air.

TV will contain:

(1) bayonet and scabbard;
(2) magazine, 30 rnd x 5, one per pouch and one on wpn as ordered;
(3) bottle, water, 1 litre, with canteen cup right or left side of TV;
(4) bottle, water, 2 litre (when ordered), slung;
(5) flashlight, pocket, right side of bayonet;
(6) the left front utility pouch will contain the fol:
    (a) gloves, surgical x 2 pr (in water proof bag);
    (b) foot powder (in waterproof bag);
    (c) field dressing x 1.
    (d) waterproof match case; and
    (e) strike anywhere matches.
(7) the right front utility pouch will contain the fol:
    (a) cam stick/paste;
    (b) insect repellent (pack in check on baggage only);
    (c) lip balm;
    (d) sun screen (Check in check on baggage only);
    (e) earplugs;
    (f) BFA (if ordered); and
    (g) Ballistic glasses.
(8) small pack system (7.5 L fanny pouch) attached to back of TV will contain the fol:
    (a) rain jacket & pants;
    (b) wide brimmed field hat (WBFH), when not worn;
    (c) weapon cleaning material;
    (d) KFS
    (e) gloves combat/CADPAT when not worn;
    (f) socks x 1 pr;
    (g) foot powder;
    (h) cbt bootlaces x 1 pr;
    (i) field dressing x 1; and
    (j) Triangular bandages.

Perfect GW thats what i was looking for. I work for BCE and most the people in there are civi's i work with maybe 10 millitary people. 2 being PTE and rest MWO and Officers.

Thanks guys

Oh going to update profile now

If you work for CE you could just fill your vest with un-actioned work orders...and finger sandwiches.
AB

GW did you get that from the Infantry school in G-Town? Because that's the exact copy I had on my CAP

MedTech said:
GW did you get that from the Infantry school in G-Town? Because that's the exact copy I had on my CAP

You'll find that most Units have set up something similar to this as SOP for most of their Bug Out Kit.  This was a LFCA or JTFN directive for OP Nanook.  Most common sense lists should be variations on this theme.

The kit list WATC gave us for course contained almost nothing.

Other than EIS, it was something like...left front pouch: bug juice, came paint, BFA; right front pouch: paracord, ear plugs, gloves; canteen cover: canteen and canteen pouch; C9 pouch: C9 ammo for C9 gunners, misc. items for riflemen.

Back