• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transfer to Reg force infantry please help.

Snowy91

Inactive
Reaction score
I just received my acceptance to regular force infantry.  My offer is in memo format and I do not recognize all of the numbers and some information is not clear.  Take a look and please try to translate for me.

First of all it says posted to LFCA TC meaford...is this just for course or where I'll be stationed?

Secondly my UIC is 3508, I'm not familiar with this unit number if anyone knows which regiment it is.

Third my Position number is BTL AWTR, I couldn't even guess what this means

Fourth my URS is CFB Borden, this is just where my records will be kept, correct?

These were my main questions in regards to the offer...sometimes I wish the military could just talk english.  Can anyone help?

You are probably only posted to Meaford for course.  This is not unusual as you have to be posted somewhere.  The UIC is more than likely either Meaford or Borden and I believe Meaford is a detachment of Borden.

BTL AWTR (I'm guessing here)  Base Training List - Awaiting Training

Snowy91 said:
I just received my acceptance to regular force infantry.  My offer is in memo format and I do not recognize all of the numbers and some information is not clear.  Take a look and please try to translate for me.

First of all it says posted to LFCA TC meaford...is this just for course or where I'll be stationed?

Secondly my UIC is 3508, I'm not familiar with this unit number if anyone knows which regiment it is.

Third my Position number is BTL AWTR, I couldn't even guess what this means

Fourth my URS is CFB Borden, this is just where my records will be kept, correct?

These were my main questions in regards to the offer...sometimes I wish the military could just talk english.  Can anyone help?

You are posted to LFCA TC Meaford  on the Base Training List while you await BIQ. Its Meaford therefore it is RCR.

Do I find out if I'm 1 or 3 RCR at the end of DP1?  And so this means I'll be in meaford waiting for a course once my contract starts and not just start on course?

Also, thank you for your reply.

Snowy91 said:
Do I find out if I'm 1 or 3 RCR at the end of DP1?  And so this means I'll be in meaford waiting for a course once my contract starts and not just start on course?

Also, thank you for your reply.

Usually that will be told to you on your Graduation Parade, should you make it that far. 

Yes, you will be in Meaford awaiting course.  When the Course starts, is unknown to us, so it could be a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or even a month or two.  That is another thing you'll find out when you get there.

By the way; these are all questions you should have asked the person(s) who gave you your offer.

Back