• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transfer, Question, help appreciated

Fry

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I unofficially found out that I got picked for AD arty , my 2nd choice. However, I really want Armoured. Not that I dislike AD arty, but I REALLY REALLY want armoured.

Should I reject the official offer or should I accept it and put in a transfer during BMQ? If so, how long would it take?

Last rough numbers I heard for armoured were 300+ and ad arty was like 30.

Thanks guys.

Depends on your personal circumstances.  Can you afford to reject the offer (and I'm not just talking financially)? 

Hey there,

well thats cool about getting AD Arty probably pretty sweet . Look at those numbers. They must really like there trade. If I were you I would stick it out and try that. Just remember this is coming from a non CF member so don't take my word for it just my opinion. If you look on my post on OT there are a number of good posts by experienced members.

For what I recall you can maybe under the right circumstances. Like Gunner said stick it out and it gets better and, who says you wont like it.

Also you shouldn't reject offers that just looks bad. Maybe call a Army career counsellor.

Take care

I know... I emailed the local cfrc, hopefully I'll hear tomorrow. I'll probably give them a call and see what happens. I really really want armored more than anything though. I was told that the more selections I have, the better chance of getting picked, so I put down 3 choices.

But if I don't accept the arty AD offer, I won't probably get to go to basic before Xmas.

Financially, I'd perfer to go before christmas... personally, I'd really like to go right now.

Fry the best people to answer this question for you is the recruiting centre or Kincanucks on this board. I wouldn't trust 'lay' advice on this issue if I were you. :D

Good luck with it

Well I hope you offered him some tea and an ice-bag after  :eek:

all I want to know is if you can get an OT while in BMQ.

Fry,

Your question on getting an OT has already been answered.  Do a search. 

Back