• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transfer pension to PSSA and CT to reserves

meni0n

Reaction score
So let's say a member is releasing with about 14 years of service, but he will be CTing to the reserves. The member will also begin working at an indeterminate position with the Public Service on the following day after his release. Will it be possible to roll the pension to the Public Service even though member will be remaining in the reserves. I got two different answers, at a SCAN seminar the person who was doing the pension brief and works at a DND pension office said I will have to fully release from the Reg Force, do the value transfer and then rejoin the reserves. I called the Public Works pension office and was told that as far as they know It would be possible to transfer my pension even if I am going to the reserves.

Does anyone have any experience doing what I described and were they able to just roll their pension?

This may help,

Canadian Armed Forces pensions

Telephone

Toll free: 1-800-267-0325
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (your local time)

On-line or by e-mail or in writing
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/fac-caf/cntctns-cntctus-eng.html#details-panel1

Yeah, I called them and they said there should be no issues. But the guy giving the SCAN told me something completely different.

meni0n said:
........ But the guy giving the SCAN told me something completely different.

SCAN briefings are sometimes out of date, or subject to change before or after you Release.  I remember the SCAN Seminar in Nov 2004 telling us about how much we would be entitled to in education reimbursement for each year served, to a max of X; and on 1 Jan 2005 that was cancelled. 

Everything at a SCAN Seminar is "Subject to Change".

Only the person giving the brief works at the pension office here in Ottawa, that's why it's confusing.

Back