• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training schedule for the summer of 2004 and 2005

O

OpFor

I have a few questions about joining.

A) I‘m handing in my application as soon as I finish grade 10, and I was wonder if I would (probably) have to wait until the summer after that to take my basic training. Is this what will most likely happen?

B) Applying for trades that arnt "open". If a trade I want isnt open, does that mean Im basicly **** out of luck and have to wait like 2 years to get in or something? I get the feeling that unlike the US army there probably isnt much room.

C) How does the army deal with soldier waiting training? I mean, if a dude wants to be infantry will they let him go a year or something with no range time? What does a PAT platoon do in off time exactly?

Any information would be great, thank you in advance.

In response to (B), I will speak from my own experience. It may not always work out this way.

I applied for the Infantry Officer trade in September 2002. I was told it had just closed. It became open for application again in February 2003, with a selection board that sat in May. It is likely that I will be on a September basic course, which works out fine for me - I had applied way ahead of when I actually wanted to start, knowing how long the process can take.

hey hey....

I want to apply summer 2004-2005 (medical Tech), however, I am not sure when I have to apply? ASAP?

Yot: Most reserve units are on stand-down for the summer right now.
I would suggest applying RIGHT AWAY. Start the application process. It‘s long especially for reserves, so it‘s best to get a head start NOW!

Good luck! See you on the field! :cam:

but I am not ready to make that physcial test

Yot, I would suggest placing in your paper work ASAP. Depending on the situation and previous military experience, it could take anywhere from 4 months (unlikely with 39 brigade right now) to 14 months (with a former service record). It took me 14 months. I applied in March 2002, and only did my physical April 2003. I can tell you as a local it will take a bit for 39 brigade, so don‘t waste time. You could always redo your entrance fitness test anyway...so not a problem.

ok, thanks for advice!
I am going to apply tomorrow..

When I had started grade 11 i tryed out for the reserves in september 2002... make long story short i failed the aptitude exam. its now june 2003. I was tould you have to wait one year before you can re-aply. should I try enrolling myself again over the summer because you stated that it will most likly be a while before you get enrolled?

Back