• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training for HCAs

yellowknifer30

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All,

Wondering if there are any HCAs out there who might have some information regarding the professional training that occus after BMOQ.  I recently interviewed for both HCA and nursing officer and was told that I should be merit listed within the next couple of weeks.  Unfortunately my career counselor did not have a lot of information on the training for either of these professions.

I have looked extensively at the CF website and I am aware that for HCA there are two courses that will be completed in Borden, ON as well as an 8 month distance course.  My question is what happens once you have completed BMOQ?  Will you posted to Borden, ON or will you be given a posting where you will complete the distance course and travel to Borden, ON to complete the other two courses?

If anyone has any information about the training process I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

After you complete BMQ you will be posted to the base where your initial trades training takes place. In this case for you, that base would be Borden. You will be there until such time you complete your trade training. Once that is done, and you are qualified you will be posted to a base to actively start work in your new field. Any distant learning portions that you complete will be completed at your new posting location, with either all online courses or a combination of both online and some classroom portions. Any other career courses you complete, you will be sent on TD (Temporary Duty) to complete those courses and sent to that base where the course is being held to complete it. Once that course is complete you return back to your posting location again.

Back