• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training after BMQ, Excatly what happens?

NFLD Sapper said:
The post was one big run-on sentence. It lacked capitalization and punctuations.

Don't poke the MOD's because you will come back with a stump......

Nothing more to see here, please move along.......

MILNET.CA MENTOR

What are you guys talking about?  Poking what?  I was just disagreeing.  Plus the post isn't a run on sentence at all.  It did lack capitalization, but that didn't make it unreadable or impossible to understand as was suggested.

owa said:
Wait, what exactly do you want me to read in the guidelines?  He gave an opinion on the post and I gave mine.  I wasn't rude about it by any means.

This:
"You will not use excessive webspeak, or other shorthand styles of typing. Please use English or French to the best of your ability; this makes it easier for those who are not posting in their native language."

Not everything on the interweb has to look like it was pulled off Twitter.

Could look on the bright side of a long delay at Gagetown. I feel for those away from family, but if I'm delayed I'll just enjoy the surfing New Brunswick has to offer :p
Just curious, maybe someone could offer some insight into what kind of freedom a recruit has while in Gagetown (especially during long delays) ?  Can you bugger-off on the weekends to do things or even during the weekday so long as your responsibilities with regards to living quarters and physical fitness are kept up?

To the original thread starter - have you looked into the option of part-time BMQ or is that not available for regular force candidates?
I'm taking my BMQ in January with training every second wknd while going to university and that's why I mentioned it.

Vimy_gunner said:
Could look on the bright side of a long delay at Gagetown. I feel for those away from family, but if I'm delayed I'll just enjoy the surfing New Brunswick has to offer :p
Just curious, maybe someone could offer some insight into what kind of freedom a recruit has while in Gagetown (especially during long delays) ?  Can you bugger-off on the weekends to do things or even during the weekday so long as your responsibilities with regards to living quarters and physical fitness are kept up?

When I was on Arty PAT in Gagetown I was pretty much out every night... and blew alot of money at the local and Freddy bars. Fun times though.

Typically you're done your PAT day at 3pm and you can go out and do whatever you want until your pt timing the next morning. When PAT started to get ridiculously packed and out of control before the May course started, we were in trouble alot (a few bad apples) and had room inspections on Saturfday and Sunday, but after that we were free again.

Even on course, the third weekend into our SQ we were allowed out, and had every weekend after that, and in DP1 we were even allowed out during weekday nights. We were dry and confined to Oromocto (I think) during the week though.

EchoHotel06 said:
Even on course, the third weekend into our SQ we were allowed out, and had every weekend after that, and in DP1 we were even allowed out during weekday nights. We were dry and confined to Oromocto (I think) during the week though.

That sounds awesome,  I just finished my DP1 Mod2 in Shilo and we were CB'd the weekend before SQ all the way till the 3rd weekend of DP1(9 weekends in total)

Obviously it'll depend how your course performs as a whole. If it's nothing but pumps, don't expect freedom. If you're a well oiled machine, you can plan some trips into town.

My course back in September-December 2008 was set loose the third weekend in, and that was after (IIRC) a BC and BSM inspection from 67 Bty.

Lerch said:
Obviously it'll depend how your course performs as a whole. If it's nothing but pumps, don't expect freedom. If you're a well oiled machine, you can plan some trips into town.

That's not always the case, You can have a great course and get nothing but punishment depending on the staff.

I Know that this topic hasn't been active for a while, but since everyone here has provided so much useful information i figured here was the best place to ask.

I should hopefully be finishing BMQ in April and as an Artillery NCM, after that I'm going to Gagetown (I think, some of my instructors have told me Shilo). I was wondering if anyone knew roughly what that wait time on PAT currently is for Artillery? I fully expect well over 6 month, but my wife and I kinda want to get a rough idea.
Thanks

When you arrive at The RCAS the CoC there will inform you of course dates when they become available.

Last we heard, a BMQ-qual DP1 Arty course will be posted to Shilo in May, do their arty training when the Regt can manage it, and fall in on the gunline after that. So your instructors may not have been wrong - but I couldn't tell you if you're part of that group.

Ralph said:
Last we heard, a BMQ-qual DP1 Arty course will be posted to Shilo in May, do their arty training when the Regt can manage it, and fall in on the gunline after that. So your instructors may not have been wrong - but I couldn't tell you if you're part of that group.

I would love to know when the next selection date is for Artillery. That is the trade I applied for :)

Lostly :cdn:

Back