• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trade / job patch

Newbb

Inactive
Reaction score
Are we allowed to wear these patches? If so what canforgen allows us to do so? Anyone know anything?

Attachments

• 035FD63E-413E-40F9-81C6-F450E6A9FD8B.jpeg
    035FD63E-413E-40F9-81C6-F450E6A9FD8B.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 394
Newbb said:
Are we allowed to wear these patches? If so what canforgen allows us to do so? Anyone know anything?
Are you PUBLIC AFFAIRS/AFFAIRES PUBLIQUE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I am. But is there a specific canforgen? I’ve seen Chaplin’s wearing similar ones.

Newbb said:
Yes, I am. But is there a specific canforgen? I’ve seen Chaplin’s wearing similar ones.
Believe it’s for in theatre or ex.  That’s where I’ve seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question here;

Since we're now allowed to wear trade patches on our combat uniforms, I was wondering if I served back in 2004-2008 as an armored crewman level 2 (Surv-OP), and that i'm currently in the process of joining the PRes as a MSE Op, will I be allowed to wear the crewman level 2 patch as well as my MSE Op patch together since i'll be fully trained in both trades ?

Many thanks.

I'm taking the 'beg for forgiveness' route on this one for morale patches, and going to be rotating through the smiling dumpster fire, a "this is fine" dog and a few similar ones, as they are all topical for our section.

WOuldn't recommend this approach, as my GAFF is pretty low and not interested in further promotion, so I may be on a FAFO path here, but it does raise the morale of everyone that notices it.

Question here;

Since we're now allowed to wear trade patches on our combat uniforms, I was wondering if I served back in 2004-2008 as an armored crewman level 2 (Surv-OP), and that i'm currently in the process of joining the PRes as a MSE Op, will I be allowed to wear the crewman level 2 patch as well as my MSE Op patch together since i'll be fully trained in both trades ?

Many thanks.
When you OT, or rejoin as a new trade you no longer are in your old MOSID(MOC), and are no longer entitled to wear the old MOSID badges. Essentially, the CAF doesn't care what you used to be when it comes to uniforms, only what you are.

Because you have been out for so long, you likely have to BMQ again as well.

When you OT, or rejoin as a new trade you no longer are in your old MOSID(MOC), and are no longer entitled to wear the old MOSID badges. Essentially, the CAF doesn't care what you used to be when it comes to uniforms, only what you are.

Because you have been out for so long, you likely have to BMQ again as well.
Yeah for the BMQ part, that's not a problem since it's been like almost 20+ years: I'm ready to do it again.

Thanks for the info about previous MOSID entitlement. Much appreciated.

Back