• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

tours in the artillery

imjustsomeguy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi.

I am applying in the CEOTP program (waiting for my interview and med) and I have been trying to make my choices as to which MOC's I want.
I know I want in the combat arms and my three choices are infantry, armour and artillery. (I considered MARS, but I am going to stickĀ  with one element).

I want to be to go on a few tours in my career.
I know the infantry are away a lot in various theatres, and the armour has gone to Afghanistan, but I am interested in artillery as my 1st choice.
My question is how many combat engagements does the artillery participate in? I know they are in Afghanistan now, but how often in the past have the guns been deployed? I did search around the combat arms site, but the topics most often discussed seem to be about equipment and a little on training.
I know that there are a few gunners on this site that can give me some insight. Much appreciated, thank you.

As it says on the hat badge the guns are Ubique (everwhere) at least in one form or another ie: FOO's (or Fire Effects Officers or whatever the new name for them is), they (the guns as a Battery) where in Bosnia from 2000 till we pulled out ( I think those where the dates), but before that I could not tell you...

Edit to clarify

241 said:
As it says on the hat badge the guns are Ubique (everwhere) at least in one form or another ie: FOO's (or Fire Effects Officers or whatever the new name for them is), they where in Bosnia from 2000 till we pulled out ( I think those where the dates), but before that I could not tell you...

Thanks!
I appreciate the reply. I want as much info from the forum as possible. At almost 31, it about time get on with a career.
I am hoping things go quickly after April 25.

Back