• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TOS offer during Covid

TCM621

Sr. Member
Subscriber
Reaction score
185
Points
430
I have been told have new TOS available and I need to sign in 3 weeks. I know nothing about them and I don't have a CoC to speak of right now. I am waiting for clarification but what are my options? This is a pretty shitty time to decide the next near decade of my life.
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
592
Points
940
It depends on your trade and what your current TOS is, and maybe your CRA date.  Can't you email the person who info'd you back and ask them what the TOS options are?  eg - sign a IE25, or a CE, etc?  Depending on where  you are in your MOSIDs TOS sequence you could have a choice...
 

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
466
Points
980
Tcm621 said:
I have been told have new TOS available and I need to sign in 3 weeks. I know nothing about them and I don't have a CoC to speak of right now. I am waiting for clarification but what are my options? This is a pretty shitty time to decide the next near decade of my life.

They are asking you to sign because once signed by the CO it expires in 30 days. However DMCA 4 has stated that 30 day aspect is suspended during this time period when queried so it is moot.  I am confused why you don't have a CoC to do admin with? Most places are carrying on the torch just through alternative means. 

Regardless your options are sign or don't sign. If you don't sign or refuse to sign it just means that your service is slated to end whenever current TOS is suppose to end.  You can always request a new TOS later up to the day before release (not recommended waiting that long).

I have attached a few docs to help you through the process. In general the TOS system is fairly rigid but you do have options to what TOS are being offered to you as laid out in the TOS sequence attachment.  The FAQ has some good info and the quick ref is ok but that is more for unit staff.


At the end of the day this is an adult decision so I would never trust someone else to tell me what my options are so my suggestion is dive into the attachments and know what is the best option for you and your family.





 

Attachments

  • TOS FAQ.docx
    32.4 KB · Views: 60
  • TOS Quick Ref Guide.pdf
    83.9 KB · Views: 51
  • TOS Sequence.pdf
    379.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Suggested TOS Offer SOP.docx
    22.5 KB · Views: 45
  • TOS Briefing Form.docx
    15.2 KB · Views: 43

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
592
Points
940
MJP said:
I would never trust someone else to tell me what my options are so my suggestion is dive into the attachments and know what is the best option for you and your family.

I could have been clearer in my meaning;  would have been better to say 'what TOS options are being offered and are they correct with my MOSID sequence'.  My last TOS offer was a bit of a tail-chase;  they offered me a CE but not the IE25, then the IE came but that end date was after my CRA date.  In the end, the TOS I signed was CE to CRA but it was after a few months of back and forth.

I was fighting with DVPNI to get connected for the refs to no success;  is it still MILPERS Instr 05/05?  Found the answer in the FAQ you attached - never saw that one before, thanks for that.

 

TCM621

Sr. Member
Subscriber
Reaction score
185
Points
430
Thanks for the info. My CoC consists of two contractors and a civilian for the first 3 levels. My TOS were promulgated in March and I just heard about it today from the BOR. However, that won't be the case by 31 October so no need to worry
 

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
466
Points
980
Tcm621 said:
Thanks for the info. My CoC consists of two contractors and a civilian for the first 3 levels. My TOS were promulgated in March and I just heard about it today from the BOR. However, that won't be the case by 31 October so no need to worry

Ahh yes that makes sense, we all seem to forget that not everyone falls into perfect CoC boxes (myself included).  Good luck and feel free to drop any general questions in thread.  You can PM me specific ones if ya want.

 
Top