• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tory minority in jeopardy as opposition talks coalition. Will there be another election?

Zip said:
Anyone still think that this is a good thing for the country... http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081202/quebec_coalition_081202/20081202?hub=Canada

And Canada the loser.
Agreed.

This is not a good thing. To the woodshed with Dion, Layton, Duceppe and Steven Staples~~~ :rage:

In my opinion we need someone with the power to do this if this coalition takes power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DygRpOO5kt0&feature=related

As was already stated in this thread just because of legalise doublespeak used by the current opposition parties to pull off this little coup makes it legal, it in no way makes it right. The GG should tell them all to pound salt and get back to governing the nation.

Blindspot said:
More rumours from Mike Duffy regarding backroom deals of the coalition:

- One billion more for Quebec in equalization payments.
- 6 Bloc senators!
- Elizabeth May a senator.

Democracy in action.

- I think it fairly safe to assume that PM Harper will not leave office before filling all Senate and Supreme Court vacancies.

Prariedawg said:
In my opinion we need someone with the power to do this if this coalition takes power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DygRpOO5kt0&feature=related

As was already stated in this thread just because of legalise doublespeak used by the current opposition parties to pull off this little coup makes it legal, it in no way makes it right. The GG should tell them all to pound salt and get back to governing the nation.

Hear! Hear! Well said!!

Just a thought...

What if Duceppe is playing everyone for the fool? All he has to do early in this coalition, should it take shape, is to make some unruly demand or refuse an "unreasonable" request for support of a Liberal action. The whole thing comes down and what's left of the Liberals is destroyed in the next election. The Bloc really wouldn't be any worse off. Dion and Layton are blamed... The Conservatives are still in relative disarray in Quebec.

Blindspot said:
Just a thought...

What if Duceppe is playing everyone for the fool? All he has to do early in this coalition, should it take shape, is to make some unruly demand or refuse an "unreasonable" request for support of a Liberal action. The whole thing comes down and what's left of the Liberals is destroyed in the next election. The Bloc really wouldn't be any worse off. Dion and Layton are blamed... The Conservatives are still in relative disarray in Quebec.

One can truely hope that is the case

Blindspot said:
Just a thought...

And what if Harper is doing the same? What if he's betting that the GG will rebuff the coalition?

ModlrMike said:
And what if Harper is doing the same? What if he's betting that the GG will rebuff the coalition?

It would be nowhere near as damaging for the Liberals. The coalition government means time wasted in putting together a cabinet and transition. The Liberals are telling Canadians they're acting in the best interest of the country and virtually side-stepping the separatist question. If Duceppe goes Brutus shortly after the Liberals take power, the Conservatives will be all over that in the next election and the electorate will have actually seen the proof.

Blindspot said:
It would be nowhere near as damaging for the Liberals.

I'm not sure, I can think of about a dozen damning ads the conservatives could run.  Imagine  a picture of Cerberus with the three heads of Dion Layton and Duceppe?  How about one of the three of them ripping a map of Canada apart?  Layton and Dion singing kumbaya while Duceppe cuts Quebec out of a map of Canada?  How about Layton and Dion handing out money to the provinces but giving the majority to Quebec?..  Dion as Layton's ventriloquists dummy and Layton as Duceps at the same time. I could go on and on...  And I'm not nearly as devious as those guys that get paid for it at Torry party HQ. 

Zip said:
I'm not sure, I can think of about a dozen damning ads the conservatives could run.  Imagine  a picture of Cerberus with the three heads of Dion Layton and Duceppe?  How about one of the three of them ripping a map of Canada apart?  Layton and Dion singing kumbaya while Duceppe cuts Quebec out of a map of Canada?  How about Layton and Dion handing out money to the provinces but giving the majority to Quebec?..  Dion as Layton's ventriloquists dummy and Layton as Duceps at the same time. I could go on and on...  And I'm not nearly as devious as those guys that get paid for it at Torry party HQ. 

I love those ideas.....get busy, I want to see them!!  ;D

Zip said:

Those would be amusing adds but I am also getting sick of the Attack Adds from pretty well all parties.  What finally did it for me was the Liberals " guns in Canadian Cities"  one.  The Conservatives did no better this time around either.  Yes I know they work and the trouble is they work with half truths if there is any truth in it at all.  Most of them were geared for fear and less on fact.  Being a realist though I do know they work. If Psy Ops and propaganda were not effective on civilizations it would of died out a long time ago. 

I don't expect it to be a gentlemans campaign but slow down on the attack adds present the facts and let the people decide. (Rant almost done) and since I know what planet I live on and what particular corner it is............... where is my Benevolent Dictator when I need him.... ???

I already found the Liberals to be a truely noxious bunch...And now, since they can't take power in an honest fashion they're plotting and scheming to take it by stealing it from the PC's.

Is there a better way to illustrate what sort of party they are than by this act?!

It's almost as though they have this sence of entitlement...as though they should be running the country regardless of how they behave.

And in the current economic crisis the Liberal's actions are just helping to destablize the whole mess...not fix it.

IF they really had the best interests of Canadians at heart they should desolve the Liberal party and learn how to be honest citizens.

My 2 pennies.

Slim

OldSolduer said:
Agreed. The Libs/NDP are always taking someone to task about the "spirit of the law". Too bad they, and MR. Staples (IMO an agent provacateur) couldn't be taken to the woodshed for some good old fashioned "spiritual" counselling.

:rofl:

Teeps74 said:
Well, you know. Aside from the OATH most of us took and take very seriously, I suppose there is a point there. At this point, I am very glad I took an oath, because that oath is NOT to serve the Bloc, or any other particular party, but rather the Queen of Canada and Her rightful heirs and succesors.

I'm not sure I understand completely what you're saying, but the oath you swear to the "queen" is only symbolic of the country. The "queen" is just a personification of the country. The country also swears an oath to us, but of course this is done by the GG, since she is the personified version of the country, and the country can't actually grab a bible and say a few words on it's own behalf. It's not meant to be sworn to an individual monarch, but rather to our country which is the actual monarch.

I took the oath as well btw, and I took it seriously.

I'm becoming resigned to there being another election in weeks not months.  It's going to be ugly.  

I will dust off my support for the Cons, in spite of the fact I was so disgruntled with their performance in the last one that I did not help out as I had in the previous two.

This is action against all the rest of them, their crawling sniveling grab at power, their threat to my country, their backroom deals and most of all for sleeping with the enemy.

Even Elizabeth May wants in on the power grab. She wants to be a Senator, though I cannot imagine what she brings to the table for the axis of the far left...

GDawg said:
Even Elizabeth May wants in on the power grab. She wants to be a Senator, though I cannot imagine what she brings to the table for the axis of the far left...

Well; it won't be comic relief.

George Wallace said:
Well; it won't be comic relief.

I'm hearing that she already asked PM Harper to "not put tanks on Parliament Hill to prevent the coalition" so comic relief seems to be her job after all. :rolleyes:

GDawg said:

Has that been confirmed yet or is it still rumour?  If true then I will be Gobsmacked, further proof that we need to do some serious senate reform and start Electing the " Illustrious" Upper Chamber.  Oh wait we have been trying but the <insert any party> like to keep the most power possible in the PM's hands.

Zip said:
I'm hearing that she already asked PM Harper to "not put tanks on Parliament Hill to prevent the coalition"

Can't say I'd blame him if he did.

Hmmm...Martial Law or the Liberals....It's a tough one! :argument:

Later; upon further reflection...

Didn't this whole thing start when the Tories wanted to cut back the amount of public funding that the political parties use during elections...Good Heavens, no wonder the Libs got upset. Telling them that they can no longer steal take as much from the public and must raise their own capital funding...Like everyone else does. Truely horrible! ::)

Zip said:
I'm hearing that she already asked PM Harper to "not put tanks on Parliament Hill to prevent the coalition" so comic relief seems to be her job after all. :rolleyes:

And your trusted source for this "information" is?

Back