• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Police say "attack on 11 year old girl" did not happen as reported

Cdn Blackshirt said:
As long as people are citing texts or quoting imams accurately, I think criticism of aspects of Islam are 100% justified and in fact are overdue.

"72 virgins in heaven, grapes dangling from branches above your mouth, rivers of alcohol, Prophet Mohammad ascending on a winged horse while Allah descends to earth on a donkey... are all myths fabricated to fill the minds of an intellectually bankrupt community. Grow up please." - Imam Tawhidi, Twitter.

Cdn Blackshirt said:
As long as people are citing texts or quoting imams accurately, I think criticism of aspects of Islam are 100% justified and in fact are overdue.

Yes, yes I agree! Islam is not a religion that caters to everyone their is and are things people will disagree with and dislike. I wholeheartedly think honest intelligent educated criticism is healthy, but it is to sad that it is usually being funded by special interest groups.. which skews everything imo.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, conservatism, liberalism etc heck even let's approach many different things or well any thing that can have multiple 'true' answers the same way. Aka take what you like leave what you don't.

One thing I consider truth is that we have billions of people on this planet and to get us all to agree on one topic is impossible, so why should we pretend we have to? Heck I am critical of the far left and right, economic policies different regimes implement etc. But I do not negate the fact they have good points or attributes.. I simply dislike specific things.

So if someone dislikes specific things that are Islamic, I could not be happier in a twisted sense I guess.. but it would show me the fellow potentially has a brain of his own.. in a world were to many just follow the masses or the ramblings of their echo chamber. Also criticism of Islam may be able to differentiate what is culture and what is religion for everyone (including Muslims) and that is a big step in a good direction in my books.

I talk to much lol
Abdullah

P.s this was serious in no way trolling I completely agree

I've always appreciated the grace & intellect in your posts & responses, Abdullah.  I think you handle the criticism of Islam with far more grace, intellect, and positive & useful responses far better than most people would if similar comments are made about their religion.  I doubt I'm the only one here who feels that way about you & your responses, keep it up. 

George Wallace said:
And in your links, this is what is written:

I don't see how catering to one specific religion in a Law that covers ALL is in anyway beneficial.

Since M-103 is not a law and made no changes to Canada's legal structure, systems, institutions, or any legislation, you need fear not.

And the family has offered an apology, which I think is very fitting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-girl-hijab-apology-1.4492349

The family of the 11-year-old girl who reported that a man tried to cut off her hijab last week — an incident police said did not occur — offered "sincere apologies to every Canadian" in a statement on Wednesday.

"We are deeply sorry for the pain and anger that our family has caused in the past several days," the statement reads. "When we arrived at the school on Friday, we were informed what happened and assumed it to be true, just like everyone else."

The family says the experience has been "very painful" and that they look forward to "closing this difficult chapter."

The girl reported Friday that a man attempted twice to cut off her hijab as she walked to school with her younger brother.

On Monday, police said the incident never occurred.

"After a detailed investigation, police have determined that the events described in the original news release did not happen," police said.

CBC News is not naming the 11-year-old out of concern for her interests.

Her story captured national attention and drew public condemnation from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne and Toronto Mayor John Tory.

Hopefully this can put this sordid gong show to bed.

Brihard said:

Hope is the first step towards disappointment.  Some people won’t be able to let it go unfortunately.

Brihard said:
Since M-103 is not a law and made no changes to Canada's legal structure, systems, institutions, or any legislation, you need fear not.

The problem, as I see it, is that it ever came up for discussion in Parliament. 

Brihard said:
And the family has offered an apology, which I think is very fitting.

Agreed.  This has been a devisive discussion across the nation and it is now time for it to fade away, with this proper piece of closure from the parents.

I refuse to let this go until I know for sure that they were grounded.

... and won't be allowed to stay up to watch the second period Saturday night.  ;D

You forgot that part, Altair.  ;)

The most alarming thing about the hoax wasn't that it happened, but how rapidly everyone climbed aboard it, with statements being issued by everyone up to the Prime Minister. It was a deliberate and calculated act designed to provoke reactions, and really the idea of "letting it go" provides room for other people to carry out other hoaxes to keep the idea of "Islamophobia" alive and push along initiatives like M-103.

And for those of you who think M-103 is without consequence, Christine Douglass-Williams was fired from the Canadian Race Relations Foundation for writing factual articles about Jihad.

[quote author=George Wallace]

Agreed.  This has been a devisive discussion across the nation and it is now time for it to fade away, with this proper piece of closure from the parents.
[/quote]

Part of the problem as I see it is that we're so hyper vigilant about racism, real and perceived, that everyone went "Look! RACISM! Hate crime!" and launched. 

We named a child (which I find messed up) and put her up in front of video cameras and journalists(more messed up).  The PM's office probably tripped over themselves to get a sound bite in before getting the facts (you'd think the Boyle crap would have tempered them a little).

Combatting racism and hate crimes are obviously super important but not at the expense of proper police work and investigation. If the politicians and media wouldn't have thrown this in the spotlight it wouldn't be a national story like this  and more importantly the family of a kid who did something dumb (as they're apt to do) wouldn't be dealing with it "trending" across North America.

Would the PM, premier et el have chimed in if it was a kid without any various statuses attached claimed to be attacked by a stranger? I don't think so.

In hindsight the kid didn't need parents coaching them on what to say to get attention our media does a great job itself.

Jarnhamar said:
Combatting racism and hate crimes are obviously super important but not at the expense of proper police work and investigation. If the politicians and media wouldn't have thrown this in the spotlight it wouldn't be a national story like this 

Unless we're talking about the Golden Globe awards, right?  ;D

So let me get this right.....people are upset that politicians raced to a conclusion about an event before the investigation was complete?  It seems to me that they did exactly what most Canadians did....including many here.

But no one posting here has been elected to represent others (us) on the world stage.

I'm left wondering how the politicians, MSM, school boards, et al would've addressed it had the 'victim' been an 11 yr old boy wearing a kippah.

recceguy said:
I'm left wondering how the politicians, MSM, school boards, et al would've addressed it had the 'victim' been an 11 yr old boy wearing a kippah.

Probably wouldn't have. That's not on the agenda for 2018.

'A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.' Mark Twain

daftandbarmy said:
'A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.' Mark Twain

An insightful quote worth repeating in this internet age.

kratz said:
An insightful quote worth repeating in this internet age.
And apparently a much deeper attribution about the things allegedly said and done by others:
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/07/13/truth/ 

What I don't understand is all this self-righteous posturing by the Chinese community (or, maybe parts of it) that somehow the Government of Canada "slandered" them in this matter. Really? The GOC response might not have been very well thought out, and somewhat of a knee-jerk, but I don't think it actually "slandered" anybody.

IIRC, the report of an Asian (not a Chinese) assailant was not provided by the GoC but by the Toronto Police or possibly the family. The GoC (PM, et al) just reacted to the issue. I don't recall anybody in the GOC saying how dreadful it was that the girl had been attacked by a Chinese person.

Is this just another product of the Victim Industry? If so, what were La Meute and other similar organizations doing teaming up with the Chinese protest on Parliament Hill? I wouldn't have thought that those sort of groups really cared much about what happens to people who aren't white Christians.

Back